dbol for iron deficiency?

• Thread starter washingtonirvin
  • Start date

washingtonirvin

Awards
Hey all,

Can anyone advise me as to whether dbol would be helpful for iron deficiency?

My iron was recently measured as 14 μg/dl. The normal range is 49-151 μg/dl. This is to say my iron could be three times higher than it currently is and i would still be deficient! Iron needed. My doc is pretty indifferent to this. He says that "every menstruating woman is iron deficient". He prefers instead to treat me for Crohn's disease, which he is doing successfully. The problem is that a few years of active disease have left me iron deficient.

Oral iron supplementation: a really bad idea for me. It increases intestinal inflammation. The same is not true for iron sucrose injections. They raise markers of oxidative stress, but they do not increase disease activity in Crohn's Disease. All of the research I have found on this subject is being conducted in Europe. Actually, the most compelling study I have found gave patients iron injections and EPO. The EPO seemed to be at least as helpful as the iron for improving patients' energy levels and subjective wellbeing.

This leads me to my present question: would dbol be helpful for me? From what I have read, dbol is very similar to EQ, which has the effect of causing the kidneys to release EPO. Does dbol do this too? The only other gear I have on hand is anavar. Would that be helpful?

Relatedly, I would love to start taking iron sucrose injections but my doc is not interested in getting them for me. So, I have taken matters into my own hands. I have started running ferrous sulfate transdermally, using Phlojel. I apply 1625 mg of ferrous sulfate after getting out of a hot bath, for 325 mg of actual iron. Of this maybe 100 mg becomes bioavailable. How long would it take to restore iron levels at this rate?

Incidentally, I know that there is other stuff that can help for restoring iron levels, notably vitamin C, which can increase the absorbtion of iron by a factor of 6. Copper is also reputedly good to coadminister with iron; I will pick some up. I have heard that grapefruit is good for increasing red blood count, so I should get in on that. B12 is also helpful for energy levels, so I am rocking the sublingual B12.

In short, what should I do to correct my iron deficiency? I would be happy to get on iron sucrose injections, but I think they would be expensive. Is my transdermal solution just as good? And what about the EPO issue? I actually could get ahold of injectable EPO, but that is one compound I'm scared of. Needles don't scare me, but I have heard EPO is particularly risky. And one of the risks is that I would become a world-class cyclist.

Seriously though, would gear be helpful for me? Any advice is welcome...

Last edited:
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Shop doctors to give you the iron type you need. The sides of dbol on a woman and as well as the toxicity of long term use would outweigh any positive effects, even if there were any to begin with; as i'm unfamiliar with dbol causing a form of EPO release.

Your safest way of dealing would be to get the direct doctor approved treatment needed. If this doctor won't then find one that will.

washingtonirvin

Awards
Hey thanks ... I neglected to mention one vital stat: I'm a man!

I really think the best treatment a doctor could give me would be iron sucrose injections plus EPO. This is something that is given to people with kidney problems here, but the only doctors doing this for my condition are in Europe, so far as I know. Looking for an American doctor to do this could prove expensive and futile.

If I scale back my wishlist to iron sucrose injections only, I might have better luck. I'm not sure what kind of doctor to go to, though. Any suggestions?

p.s. thanks for your swift reply