Super Bowl Extra "Small"

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Did anyone else think that game was kinda lame? I was actually getting bored watching it. I won't break it down, but bad play calling paired with not so great decision making really made for a sub par game. It was like both sides were playing to lose and apparently Seattle wanted it more. Needless to say, I was disapointed. The best moment of the game was when the Steelers ran a reverse pass play with Randle-El throwing a TD to Ward.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i was also bored, two teams that weren't anything special.

Spectre32

Spectre32

Awards
Yeah well it was more of a historic(wild card winning the SB)event and i thought it wa sa rather good game. I thinkt he Steelers had to get there asses in gear if they wanted to win.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Of course if you're a Steelers fan it was a great game, but to someone who really didn't care who won, not such a good game.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Where were Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw during the MVP parade? They won 5 MVPs and 8 championships between them, what were they too busy that day?

Why did the Sones have to pimp a new song? They are the "Rolling fucking Stones", nobody is going to buy their album based on the fact they heard a song at the superbowl! WTF

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Bad game, sloppy. Plus the 2 weeks of painful over-hype doesn't help. Every news cast reminding us things like, "more guacamole consumed on Super Bowl Sunday than any other blah blah blah..."
There have had a couple really outstanding matches in recent history, but aside from those, the game is notoriously awful (at least recently).

Football isn't as much of a smash-mouth sporting match these days as it is a marketed show for the consuming public...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Today's football is a joke guys. The teams are so watered down that anybody can win any game. The big powerhouse that WAS Indianapolis was only a little better than any other team.

Sure, it's great for fans to some extent because teams can make dramatic turnarounds very quickly, but the quality is football isn't that good anymore. Tackling, even for the very good teams is poor. Fundamentals are almost totally lost and many players survive on purely athelticism.

Take all that into account and throw in the fact that there was so much controversy with last year's game and you get a pregame/halftime that was very tame and watered down, coupled with a game featuring "decently good" teams and you get a pretty boring overall experience.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The game was sloppy but the ref's calls were awful.This whole playoff season was riddled with bad calls..

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
The game was sloppy but the ref's calls were awful.This whole playoff season was riddled with bad calls..
yeah, the officiating these days is deplorable...

BMW

Awards
  • Established
yeah honestly the seahawks should have one that touchdown pass was not a offensive pass interference and they knew it and what made me mad is that roethlisberger did not get that touchdown and the booth ref even admitted it to seahawks coach. bad sb this year. man the steelers are so overratted

lightweight

Awards
Bad bad calls. Refs had their hands in somones pockets. I really wanted to see seatle take it. Then again i dont like pittsburgh just because their my home teams biggest rivals.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

GorillaPimp631

Awards
Seattle was cheated out of that win! They took that touchdown from seattle, and they gave that b.s. touchdown to pittsburg.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I was surprised by that too. I know they're touring and have a new album and all, but I would have preferred a third classic that everyone knew the words to. But, when you're the Rolling Freakin' Stones I guess you can pretty much do whatever you want.

During "Start Me Up," was the line "you make a dead man cum" censored by Mick or the producers ... couldn't tell.
That was the NFL's call. Mommy can you make a dead man cum? go ask your father!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I got the feeling that these teams were playing as if this was an exhibition game, the execution wasn't there and that's why you bust your ass twice a day during August to begin with. There were only a few good plays during the game, but nothing spectacular. I expected to see more from Roethlisberger and Alexander too.

BTW, someone forgot to tell the Seahawks safety that he should come in at a 45 degree angle when tackling. Boulware would have stopped Parker for a 10 yard gain instead of giving up a TD LOL

How'd that ref ever officiate past high school, that was just stupid, I'm sure I don't need to point out obvious examples about that.

As for Joe Montana, I can't believe he would not do this one little favor for the game that did so much for him, the game that practically made him a God to me and many 49ers fan. Call me stupid or whatever, but his son has played and will play in other basketball games and I'm sure his son wouldn't be traumatized for life if his dad missed one game, and who the hell plays basketball (or anything else for that matter) on SUPER BOWL Sunday ! It's an unofficial holiday

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it was a good game regardless of level, great offensive and defensive lines but the officiating... oh boy. oh boy. seatle was cheated. what was that below the waist call... please. and the holding on the touchdown. give me a break.

too abd the realy good teams this year (Carolina, NE, Cinci) had to fight through inuries and tough schedule just ot get ot the end of the line warn down. they would have destroyed both teams today.