Could T O have even helped this year?

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
with the way the Eagles have been playing as a whole. if TO was playing would they still be last in the NFC East? if TO and Mcnabb had both been playing would they be last?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Yes TO could have helped if he shut up and played instead of causing a bunch of distracting crap.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Funny, ESPN boys are calling Chad Johnson the "Anti-TO". He's a big-mouth and cocky, but he's all about his team winning. If you hear his statements about beating Indy in the AFC championship, he says "we" and not "me"

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
Yes TO could have helped if he shut up and played instead of causing a bunch of distracting crap.
ok but with the way new york and dallas are playing would they still be last? i know he would help a little bit. **** my grandmom could prob help too. cant get much worse than a 42-0 ass whipping at home on MNF.
could he be puttin up the kind of numbers he put up last year or are the Eagles washed up no matter what????

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
He would definitely have helped but they probably would still be looking up to the Giants & Cowboys in the standings. I think Westbrook and McNabb's injury are far worse though.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
McNabb injury hurt. Why didn`t he bring it up in training camp as he said it bothered him then.

Linebackers are killing the Birds! The bowtie man is not a strongside backer and if The bullet blows one more blitz I am gonna freak. Ike Reese where are you? Oh yea Simoneau gets his minutes. Simon used to draw a double team now Kearse does. And Burgess would look good now. Even if he couldn`t stay healthy here.

Special teams? I won`t get into that.

Would TO have helped? He was here and getting his... but still .

FWIW 11(not TO) Eagles have local radio or tv shows... Hank Fraley has one:blink: Think priorities may have shifted after the SB?

sandinsciuz

Awards
He would definitely have helped but they probably would still be looking up to the Giants & Cowboys in the standings. I think Westbrook and McNabb's injury are far worse though.

I think you're right about gauging the depth of injuries to Westbrook & McNabb as being "worse".

But I have to say I was really impressed with how well McMahon & Mahe played in the Giants game! They weren't looking like backups!

It kind of left me wondering if TO "just played" this year and that whole related affair didn't happen, how might things be different in the W-L columns? Would a healthy and reasonably happy (or how about a NOT UNHAPPY) TO have added more depth in the passing game in this weekend's Giants game? Could he have helped them get at least 3 more points? Could he have helped them get at least 7-10 points? I kind of think so.

There's no disputing the Eagles hit bottom in the Seahawks game. They're a much better team than that, you have to spot them a Mulligan. But I think the injuries compounded the TO affair, or maybe vice versa.

Look back over the scores of some of the earlier games they've lost.......... and think about TO being on the same page with the Eagles, it could have made the difference. I think they'd have been a playoff contender this year. Just mho. ;)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I have finally come to terms that this was the eagles year to not be good.It wasn't Owens, or the injuries to Mcnabb,pinkston,buckholter,three starting offensive lineman,three defensive lineman(not counting the guy who got shot),litosheppard(injured during his best game of year),probowl kicker Akers(a linebacker was kicking xpts),Starting punter(current punter is 62 year old sean landeta)free agent losses of burgess(leads league in sacks.Eagles 25th)ike reese,Freddie Mitchell being cut(some where he laughs a mans laugh),Its not the fact that the westcoast offensive is as dated as the wing-t,nor is the reason that the league has caught up to Jim Johnson blits schemes and now anticipates them as to attack single and no coverage calls.The reason the Eagles are bad this year is because Donovan is not black enough.Not my original theory, it came from the philadelphia NAACP chairmans own Philadelphia Sun news paper editorial page.Well, I hope he can take care of that in the off season. I am forwarding him my James Brown box set. Stay black Donovan stay black:icon_lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The reason the Eagles are bad this year is because Donovan is not black enough.Not my original theory, it came from the philadelphia NAACP chairmans own Philadelphia Sun news paper editorial page.Well, I hope he can take care of that in the off season. I am forwarding him my James Brown box set. Stay black Donovan stay black:icon_lol:
Yeah bro, WTF was that, calling Donovan an uncle Tom. He's lucky McNabb hasn't beaten him to a bloody pulp.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Even more bizarre... TO in an interview coming out. Says "Some of my teammates didn`t want me to come back for the SB... I won`t name names but...:blink: If Farve did it he is a hero, me I am selfish!" Or something along those lines.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
wait what?????
who said what about him?
J. Mondesire the head of the Philadelphia NAACP who owns his own weekly rag(Philadelphia Sun) wrote an article which basically calls McNabb an Uncle Tom.