Best tasting Chili Recipe

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
This is the best tasting Chili recipe that I've found. It makes about seven 7.5-oz servings, and takes about 45 minutes to make.

1 lb lean ground beef (or substitute with ground ostrich or buffalo)
1 clove garlic, minced.
1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 medium green or red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
4 tbsp chili power
1 tbsp cider vinegar
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt or to taste
½ cup water
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (Progresso)
1 16-oz can of red kidney beans with liquid.

Cook beef, garlic, onion, and green pepper in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up meat. Cook until onion is soft and meat has lost its pink color. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer the chili for 45 minutes, stirring frequently.

Minor variations: To make the chili hotter, add cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce. If that’s not hot enough, add a couple of chopped habanero peppers. For thicker sauce and fuller flavor, let the chili simmer longer, chili often tastes even better the second day, after its ingredients have had a chance to blend overnight.

Beanless chili: Follow the basic recipe. Omit the beans, use 2 lb of lean ground beef, and ¾ tsp salt.

mab904

mab904

Awards
Thanks Tinytoad. I'm going to try this one out.:)

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
This is the best tasting Chili recipe that I've found. It makes about seven 7.5-oz servings, and takes about 45 minutes to make.

1 lb lean ground beef (or substitute with ground ostrich or buffalo)
1 clove garlic, minced.
1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 medium green or red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
4 tbsp chili power
1 tbsp cider vinegar
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt or to taste
½ cup water
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (Progresso)
1 16-oz can of red kidney beans with liquid.

Cook beef, garlic, onion, and green pepper in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up meat. Cook until onion is soft and meat has lost its pink color. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer the chili for 45 minutes, stirring frequently.

Minor variations: To make the chili hotter, add cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce. If that’s not hot enough, add a couple of chopped habanero peppers. For thicker sauce and fuller flavor, let the chili simmer longer, chili often tastes even better the second day, after its ingredients have had a chance to blend overnight.

Beanless chili: Follow the basic recipe. Omit the beans, use 2 lb of lean ground beef, and ¾ tsp salt.
It's still my favorite chili recipe. I found some organic crushed tomatoes at Sprout's that I like better than the Progresso's stuff.

-TT

ChrisSurf

Awards
If you want to try something, add a packet or two of french onion soup mix, I just tried that with chili the other week and it was incredible. I just made stuffed peppers with a packet of french onion soup mix added. Just add's an awesome taste.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
missin they cayenne pepper!!!!

i sub balsamic vinegar for apple cider... tastes amazing,

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
missin they cayenne pepper!!!!

i sub balsamic vinegar for apple cider... tastes amazing,
The caynne is there...

"Minor variations: To make the chili hotter, add cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce. If that’s not hot enough, add a couple of chopped habanero peppers. For thicker sauce and fuller flavor, let the chili simmer longer, chili often tastes even better the second day, after its ingredients have had a chance to blend overnight."

I'm a Habanero kind of guy myself. I had a bumper crop this year of Carribean Reds.

-TT

funkelcharles

Awards
I love it.......

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established