spicy tuna

mmafighter170

mmafighter170

Awards
weve all been eating tuna im sure for years, i love it although my gal who prepares our meals sometimes uses albacore canned tuna tablespoon on light mayo per 2 cans and a load of tapitio and OMG awesome spice up to your liking and kill it i eat lots......i personally dont belive the mercury hype but thats just me?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
farm raised stuff has more mercury in it. wild caught is usually safer in the mercury department

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
Mehh, i think the mercury hype was a tactic designed in the corporate boardrooms. Back when mad cow was in the media, they (the beef industry) probably lost money and had to come up with something to increase sales.

tdr124

Awards
yeah I like that Idea! I like spicy anything, i think maybe I will try some sprinkles of a little cayenne pepper. I think I will get the spicy without the flavor of the other spices in tapatio

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
Great! I'll try this because I'm tired of the plain old tuna.

gnetics18

Awards
Tuna+Chopped Fresh Jalapeno/lemon and /optional chopped tomato/onion and dash of mayo. Good stuff.

also use Butt load of tapatio and mustard when I need a quick eat.

pdredman72

pdredman72

Awards
instead of the mayo try oil and vinagar salt and pepper1 part oil x2vinagar s/p to taste kinda a homade itallian dressing but you can tweak it to your taste?it really helps when your trying low carb11

thapr3dat0r

Awards
Tapatio is the bomb. That's what I put on my tuna.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Interesting idea, might have to try this out, spice up the old standard.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I love eating tuna, I usually make a tuna onion with a light mayo on it.
Geee! I love this recipe, hope I could find the satisfaction on it with a
hot recipe on it. I love try it out! :)

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Was reading the Muscle and Fitness mag, having a cup of tea reduces your mercury uptake by something like 90%. I'd look it up but i know for sure that drinking tea after, before, during whatever, it lowers the mercury uptake from large fish.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never worried about Mercury poisoning from eating fish.

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Never thought about making tuna spicy. Sounds pretty good!

JR07005

JR07005

Awards
I like to toss a few spoonfulls of ground horseradish into my tuna/mayo mix.
It really makes a difference

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
8 oz tuna + 1 cup brown rice + as much hot sauce as you like throw it all in a bowl and mix.. i also add 1 tbsp of evoo, all depends on your macros...

provb28

Awards
Ask any asian if they ever got mercury poisoning!
I am filipino and I eat mostly fish Grouper ,Tuna ,snapper ect all are high in mercury.
MY wife actually ate quite a bit of sushi when she was pregnant with my daughter never questioned it one bit and shes a big kidvery smart

h22t88

Awards
Hate to burst your bubbles but Mercury contamination is VERY real. My friend worked on a boat and ate a small tuna steak every night. He started feeling week and ill all the time. He went to the doctor and they had his blood work checked. He had nearly poisonous levels of mercury in his system. The doctor told him that he's still in real danger of developing a lot of diseases or cancers but that if he kep t eating that way he would have died before too long.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mehh, i think the mercury hype was a tactic designed in the corporate boardrooms. Back when mad cow was in the media, they (the beef industry) probably lost money and had to come up with something to increase sales.
I had this guy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_Haley
YouTube- Boyd Haley Interview -Mercury/Autism/OSR-Part-1

... For a chemistry class I took at UK. This guy knows his stuff when it comes to Mercury. He was so interested in it that he would sometimes lecture to us about mercury poisoning and autism, even though we never tested over it. lol

Anyway, we got to ask him questions and stuff. I asked the tuna question and he pretty much said not to worry about it. He started talking about how mercury already passing through a biological system (the fish) had something to do with it not doing much damage if any to the human who ingested the fish. Regardless, it's not an amount high enough that a generally healthy human couldn't excrete out of their system.

So this guy really knows his stuff and he says it's not a problem. I'll go with the expert!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im more worried about lead in my multivitamins than mercury in my canned tuna.

raynev

raynev

Awards
so will mercury really do anything if you have 3 cans a week....

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
ahhhhh dont like spicy stuff
lol dude youve commented on every recipe at the very end of the thread with like a primitive 3 word opinion.. lol

its pretty funny though

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
lol dude youve commented on every recipe at the very end of the thread with like a primitive 3 word opinion.. lol

its pretty funny though
Come on bro, everyone knows you got to get that post count up or people think you are dumb.:ugh2:

But this is what i do with my tuna now
8 oz tuna
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup spinach
1 cup multi-grain noodles
add hot sauce to liking
and mix up

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Come on bro, everyone knows you got to get that post count up or people think you are dumb.:ugh2:

But this is what i do with my tuna now
8 oz tuna
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup spinach
1 cup multi-grain noodles
add hot sauce to liking
and mix up
Is this canned tuna? If so, I imagine it would be dry.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
It all sounds good, but I would have to add some low fat mayo.
sounds good bro, may give it a try but im pushing it on my macros rite now, reason i leave it dry for now.. let me know how it taste :bigok:

pilip99

pilip99

Awards
  • Established
that looks pretty bomb!!

zela

Awards
Looks pretty good, usually I just stuff my mouth and flush it down with water!