The lack of interest in pro bodybuilding is very poor. Your opinions?

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Lets start with two brand new Olympia winners. One in Men's physique and the other in Open Bodybuilding.

Not one was talked about in any of the major media outlets such as ESPN or FOX SPORTS. Not one!

Then on top of it we have Jeremy Buendia announcing his retirement and Phil Heath's wife also posted that he was never going to compete again after he lost. ESPN cover this? Nope. Fox News? Never.

What are your thoughts on this?

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Probably because nobody cares lol. Just like they don't show games of cricket although there's professional teams of that sport as well.

If there's only a small population who follow it there not gonna waste their time compared to the amount of people who follow baseball basketball football and hockey

franks009

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely love lifting but tbh I don't know a single person in bodybuilding. But u can bring up tom Brady to a 90 year old who never watched a NFL game in her life and she will know exactly who he is

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive followed bodybuilding since 2002. I have a lot of old magazines. Since everything is online, the interviews, etc I follow it online

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
one of the reasons I think no one wants to talk about is 1. the stigma around steroids 2. big companies don't gain enough viewers from talking about it and 3. no one at these networks are qualified to talk about it in an educated manner

with that said, I think it used to be televised back in the day

also if espn was to get a special host like shawn ray or dave palumbo to come in and talk about it, you are getting biased opinions from guys who really just aren't that interesting to listen to

I used to follow most of the contests throughout the year, double s and I used to do an Olympia prediction podcast too but personally I've lost interest in all of it, I wouldn't even say the competitors ruined it for me.....I think it was more so the people around the sport, the personalities, and the make up of the sport......on Saturday I watched the canelo vs ggg fight instead of the Olympia, first Olympia I didn't stream in awhile but there just wasn't enough intrigue in it for me

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No major news is gonna cover something 90% of the world don't care about. Common sense man