Women’s bodybuilding is a beauty pageant. Yes or no?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
When I witness women’s bodybuilding I get mixed feelings. I respect the physiques of a woman in a nice bikini but on the other hand all the glitzy hair and makeup and high heels just makes it feel like an adult beauty pageant. Not much different than Ms. America. Only difference is that you must be able to walk on stage with a good posing routine and have some good muscle definition. This post is geared towards the bikini and figure divisions. I’m sure many of these women started competing in beauty pageants at a very young age and just continued their passion for them buy picking up bodybuilding once they reached adulthood.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are different divisions for different physiques/goals/levels of muscularity. If you don’t like bikini and/or figure, then don’t watch them. Some women bodybuilders are much bigger than you and I️; if that’s what you support, then support it. Just because you don’t like one division doesn’t mean that it’s bad or shouldn’t be.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
There are different divisions for different physiques/goals/levels of muscularity. If you don’t like bikini and/or figure, then don’t watch them. Some women bodybuilders are much bigger than you and I️; if that’s what you support, then support it. Just because you don’t like one division doesn’t mean that it’s bad or shouldn’t be.
Is that an indirect admission that divisions such as bikini are adult beauty pageants?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that an indirect admission that divisions such as bikini are adult beauty pageants?
I’m saying nothing of the sort, nor am I️ denying it, only that I️ fail to see how more divisions and niches can be anything but a good thing, regardless of how you would classify each.

Also, you do realize that there are already “adult beauty pageants”, right?

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
lol, what? Bodybuilding in general is a "beauty" pageant...you literally walk on stage, pose, and get votes based on how good you look...and if you're Kai Greene, you make love to grape fruits during the talent portion.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
And what’s up with these male competitors walking around in and out of the hotel rooms in thongs the night before the show. Looks sort of silly to me. Ive been following on Instagram and once you hear some of these men speak you know they suck the poles.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just saw a documentary with a woman that was huge on Netflix. Most won world titles I believe. I don't think that's attractive and I think it's insane but same goes to my Olympia with all the insulin and growth hormones making them look like ripped baloons. At some point I think enough is enough. And yes bodybuilding is a weird business no doubt, and again both for women and men. Bodybuilding is an excuse to flex on your Facebook and get away with it :)

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I just saw a documentary with a woman that was huge on Netflix. Most won world titles I believe. I don't think that's attractive and I think it's insane but same goes to my Olympia with all the insulin and growth hormones making them look like ripped baloons. At some point I think enough is enough. And yes bodybuilding is a weird business no doubt, and again both for women and men. Bodybuilding is an excuse to flex on your Facebook and get away with it :)
Sounds like Iris Kyle, maybe?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Oh, Nvm. I thought you were saying the woman looked like a ripped balloon because of insulin and GH.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, Nvm. I thought you were saying the woman looked like a ripped balloon because of insulin and GH.
No the guys. The woman also do have a bit of a balloon look to them sometimes. I just find it a bit over the top and I'm not quite sure why anyone wouldn't agree with me on this, but I respect everyones opinion and can appreciate their dream to look like a balloon.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
We all have our own goals and motivations. I respect the hell out of the work they're putting in to achieve their dreams. Iris Kyle puts most men to shame.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We all have our own goals and motivations. I respect the hell out of the work they're putting in to achieve their dreams. Iris Kyle puts most men to shame.
The only time you can over abuse medicine and get away with it haha. For sure they do some hard lifting but it's worrying how much damage they are willing to take. I am not gonna sit here and pretend I'm clean but never have I felt proud taking steroids. I know what it is and what it does and I do it for myself, I will never go to a clean person and question him why he's not as big as me or why he has more fat. I took a shortcut risking my health and that's nothing to be proud of. They are hard workers absolutely, but there are people out there with the same abitions and that will put just as much work in to it to be the best, That I respect. There's a reason 99% of steroid users won't admit what they're doing and had it been impossible to know, half of the Olympians would lie about it.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
The only time you can over abuse medicine and get away with it haha. For sure they do some hard lifting but it's worrying how much damage they are willing to take. I am not gonna sit here and pretend I'm clean but never have I felt proud taking steroids. I know what it is and what it does and I do it for myself, I will never go to a clean person and question him why he's not as big as me or why he has more fat. I took a shortcut risking my health and that's nothing to be proud of. They are hard workers absolutely, but there are people out there with the same abitions and that will put just as much work in to it to be the best, That I respect. There's a reason 99% of steroid users won't admit what they're doing and had it been impossible to know, half of the Olympians would lie about it.
I'm not arguing with that last part. People who use gear but pretend they are natural get me more mad than anything else. Especially when they sell products and meal plans to unsuspecting people but of course don't mention you also need to be on their gear protocol to look like they do. Oh, man, I'm already getting heated just thinking about it. Aside from lying about it, everyone is entitled to their own decisions and goals. There will always be people willing to hurt and endanger themselves to get to their goals faster. If they know the risks and are okay with it, that's their issue. With the bigger classes of women, I think it's pretty well established that women cannot look like that without gear, but it still takes a lot of work and dedication to get there. Work and dedication I could only dream of.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Reminds me of a couple guys I know. Always ran a cycle starting in the Spring to get ripped by summer, but ate like **** and drank vodka on the weekends. Then once they came off when summer was over they went back to looking like ****. Always looking for a quick fix to look a certain way. Two clowns one guy was named boner so that tells you something.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bodybuilding is a bueaty pageant. All bodybuilding, every

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I bet ya the K and P would eat her pu$$y. Since all apples fall from the same tree.