Muscletech's CUTler Interview (4 weeks out)

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay okay I know its muscletech but just ignore the "whats your current stack" question and its not a terrible read:

The usual top-three competitors aren't competing at the 2008 Mr. Olympia. Are you taking anything for granted?

Absolutely not. I'm training to win by as big a margin as possible. I'm doing everything that I need to do to be at my best and win a third title.

You were 15th in 1999, 8th in 2000 and then jumped to 2nd in 2001. What was your mindset leading up to those shows? What's stopping one of this year's competitors from challenging you for the crown?

I was pretty driven, but I found what really worked best for my body – it's a lot of trial and error and you learn different ways to eat and different ways to train. I also think that when I did break through to the top, and moved to the West Coast, it put me to that next level.

There'll be more than a dozen competitors on stage this year. Do you think any of them are as hungry as you? Which competitor is your biggest threat?

There are a lot of guys that are probably just as hungry but they don't actually believe they can win like I believe I can win. I've been there before and I have the experience – I'm the veteran – and I think that gives me the advantage.

As far as my biggest threat, I'd probably say Dexter Jackson. Dexter has beaten me before and he is the second biggest contest winner, and the Arnold Classic Champion, so he's definitely a contender for the title.

Dexter is known for his tight midsection, great symmetry, full and round muscle bellies and aesthetic tie-ins. Pound for pound, he has as much quality muscle as anyone. How do you think you're going to beat Dexter?

I'm going to outsize him. The bigger man with the better balance always seems to be the champion and wins the Olympia. I just have more muscle – it's bodybuilding. People sometimes go off track and think because he's so conditioned... Well I have conditioning, and with the size and balance that I carry, it's always going to win over the smaller guy.

4 weeks out this year versus 4 weeks out last year – which Jay Cutler has the better package?

At this point I'm at my best and I feel like my muscle is more mature than ever.

At 4 weeks out, what areas of your physique are you most concerned with – conditioning? Fullness? Size? What changes have you made in your contest prep?

I'm focused on my midsection and having a detailed midsection, and of course having the winning back shots.

What single element do you have, especially now at 4 weeks out, that your competition doesn't? What gives you the edge?

I'm the biggest, most conditioned guy in the show at this point.

You're 4 weeks out from the most important contest of your career. What's your supplement stack?

LEUKIC Hardcore, Hydroxycut Hardcore and ANABOLIC HALO, and Nitro-Tech Hardcore after I train.

You're 4 weeks away from making history – 3 Arnold Classic Championships and 3 Mr. Olympia titles. Is the pressure greater this year than ever before?

Yes, the pressure is at its peak I would say.

Is Jay Cutler the next Mr. Olympia?

That's the plan.

buster12

Awards
What a loser! I cant stand this guy. Ever since I opened up my first flex magazine , I instantly hated him and that 5th grade haircut. I know he thinks that his hair is his thing but common!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Ugh...I don't like MuscleTech. I hope somebody besides Jay wins. Maybe humble him a bit.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
what a whore. Muscletech doesnt do anything for anybody

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ugh...I don't like MuscleTech. I hope somebody besides Jay wins. Maybe humble him a bit.
Rating him based on his sponsor is a bit silly. I quite like the guy, and I hear he's a good ambassador for the sport.

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
I think of a muscular version of Chris Farley when I see certain pictures of him.

NAS

NAS

Awards
Rating him based on his sponsor is a bit silly. I quite like the guy, and I hear he's a good ambassador for the sport.
I agree that he is good for the sport of bodybuilding, although some of his placings seem arguable, he does do alot right and I dont know about a whole lot of other bodybuilders that compete at the level of the greats... Ronnie, Victor, Jay, Dorian etc.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i saw a pic of dennis wolfe taken a couple days ago...jay better watch out...he looks amazing..i think the best he's ever been

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree that he is good for the sport of bodybuilding, although some of his placings seem arguable, he does do alot right and I dont know about a whole lot of other bodybuilders that compete at the level of the greats... Ronnie, Victor, Jay, Dorian etc.
there will always be politics at play - like any other sport.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I suppose you're right. I mean if muscletech offered me millions to use their supplements and tell everybody else I use them then I'd do it. How much do you think he makes off muscletech alone??

I saw this video on youtube where Dennis Wolfe and Jay were talking and as soon as they finished talking a muscletech guy asked Dennis when his contract ended. I mean...how much do they pay these guys?

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
just like half of bsn's crap sucks (coleman), nutrex sucks (wolfe), and i can't name one good mhp product (vic).....see where i'm going?

and i've said it before..cutler will win again! wolfes dat will come