Home gym weight room flooring

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
I'm moving and the room that I will be putting my cage in has a wooden floor. I wanted to protect it and was looking into the rubber flooring-type stuff to lay down in the lifting area. Price ranges seem to be all over the place.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should use/where to get it?

Thanks,
Dan

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
pick wherever is closest to your house to save shipping, or just find a place near you, and i'm assuming it's all the same, rubber is rubber

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Look in the yellow pages under rubber... Look for conveyor belt guys.. Specilizing in converyor, stacker, type applications... Splicing and installation.

Call them up, and tell them your intrested in some used belting..

something in around 36" wide x 3 ply... total thickness of abotu 3/4"+ thickness... They typically have piles of used belting available.... belts coming from the food industry are typically in better shape.. but you should see soem decent belts coming from the aggrigate industry as well.

fairly easy to work with and you should be able to get it cheap.

dhartnet

Banned
Awards
Actually if you have a horse or tack supply place around you, they sell 6 X 4 rubber mats for horse stalls, much cheaper than any place that sells them for gyms, and they are the same things..

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
Actually if you have a horse or tack supply place around you, they sell 6 X 4 rubber mats for horse stalls, much cheaper than any place that sells them for gyms, and they are the same things..
What kind of price are we talking about? (There is a Tractor Supply place nearby...not sure whether they have what you're talking about.) NazBar sells a mat for around $100 shipped that might fit my needs.

I appreciate all of the other suggestions...some of them seem like too much work for me. I'm lazy as hell when it comes to this...I wanna just go somewhere and buy something or order over the internet.

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
Just looked on Tractor Supply's website...39.99 for (I think) exactly what you're talking about. That's my speed...will get it this weekend. If it is made to hold up to a horse's stall I'd think it'd hold up to the abuse I'd put on it.

Thanks!

dhartnet

Banned
Awards
Yeah, its pretty heavy duty, same stuff they sell for gyms. Ive seen the same pricing. 40.00 for 6 X 4 pieces... Decent price..

Dave