Training the tricep for powerlifting without getting tennis elbow?

Swift

Awards
What are some good tricep exercises for powerlifting that want cause tennis elbow?Tricep extensions and jm presses always give me tennis elbow.I do tricep pushdowns,tate presses,close grip bench,and spoon presses are there any more that are not so bad on the elbows?

napalm

napalm

Awards
What are some good tricep exercises for powerlifting that want cause tennis elbow?Tricep extensions and jm presses always give me tennis elbow.I do tricep pushdowns,tate presses,close grip bench,and spoon presses are there any more that are not so bad on the elbows?
You're doing the correct exercises, ie pushdowns and close grips. If you're doing all of the above mentioned movements, it may be as simple as too much volume. I only train triceps on their own about twice a month. They get plenty of work benching and w OHP's.

Maybe just narrow it down to a couple movements, that should be easier on your elbows.

Good luck...

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Throw in triangle pushups. Study showed it's effective for contracting all heads equally and most effectively. Study was done by ACE.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
instead of exercises look for rep/set/intensity setups that will help. try 1-2 days a week doing 50-100 total reps (as many sets as needed) at 30-40% of your max as more of an active recovery.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Band ext and band pushdowns help me avoid elbow pain.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use Fat Gripz on the lifts that give you pain.