Why no libido?

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
First of all, my cycle was 4 weeks of Phera-Max and Mega-TRN. Gained a solid 10 pounds, until week 5 when I got sick and lost 5 pounds.

Here's what my post cycle therapy looked like:

RXT 1/1/2/2/0/NOW
Clomid 200/150/100/50/50/NOW
Nolva 0/0/60/30/25/NOW

For the first week or 2, I got morning wood regularly, but then it stopped. Now it seems like I have no libido at all, yet I'm not dropping any weight like I did when I got hypogonadism. I know Clomid promotes more "femininelike" behavior, so could that be the reason I'm not "motivated" anymore?

Should I pick up more ancillaries or see what happens over time?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you probably only needed to use clomid for 2-3 weeks. Clomid kicks in pretty quickly, and shouldn't be run too long at doses above 50mg/day. I read somewhere (don't recall) that clomid can actually be too effective if run too long, and supress HPTA.

Also, if you wanted to run Nolva along-side clomid, I would have started it from the begining of post cycle. The reason being that Tamox takes much longer (~2 weeks) to exert its positive HPTA effect.

Lastly, I don't recall how long the libido-loss is from ATD (RXT), and your dose wasn't very high, but I wouldn't rule it out completely as a culprit.

Just my opinion.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
So what should be my next move? Discontinue the Tamox and Clomid and see what happens?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
You may want to continue running the nolva this week @ 20mg/day, perhaps taper to 10 the last few days before coming off. Clomid would definitely bring the "boys" back, but didn't do much for the libido, not to mention all the freakin "emotions" :hammer: (femininelike behaviour).

The only way to really be sure is bloodwork.

You may also want to try some libido-boosting supps, like muira puama, maca, tribulus, etc.

I also liked Alpha-Drive & Restore for these purposes, but keep in mind that both contain AIs.