what is the active ingredient in ALRI Retain?

R

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
anybody know? I dont want to take it if its not going to
work as well as Lean Xtreme...please does anybody know?

C

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
anybody know? I dont want to take it if its not going to
work as well as Lean Xtreme...please does anybody know?
Retain Proprietary Matrix:
p-Tyramine, Clary Sage Extract, 17a-methyl-baET 50 mg

Anabolic Extreme also makes a similar product called Retain:

http://www.anabolicx.com/store/retain.html

They both look similar and I was wondering the same thing as far as using one for a replacement for Lean Xtreme.

R

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
chemist I know that..I am not too stupid to read the bottle..but what the fuk is:

17a-methyl-baET 50 mg

please somebody tell me!

M

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
17alpha-methyl-androstenetriol (the baET is different nomenclature but this is just a different name for the same compound). Anyway it is a great anticatabolic. It is better in my opinion then Lena Extreme. I wish ALRI would make it without the Tyramine compound though because that gives me the shakes like clen even though they say it shouldn't. As far as the androstenetriol goes it used to be in VPX products when they first came out and were really gray market and not over priced. Anyway it is really effective for anticatabolic purposes. Check it out.

Mr.50

chemist I know that..I am not too stupid to read the bottle..but what the fuk is:

17a-methyl-baET 50 mg

please somebody tell me!

M

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Purely anecdotal Robboe and also my experience with it. Unfortunatly I have not had any controlled studies (even recreational) that show the effects of the two side by side without confounding factors. I have seen some text, and correct me if I am wrong (I will attempt to find the text) that shows that the mechanism of androstenetriol appears to be through actual blockade (partial)of the cortisol receptors. With all this in mind though, I will say no one makes a stand alone product with androstenetriol like you guys do with 7-OH so there is no way to really test the effects without having other compounds in your system that mess up the results.

I'm just curious, but what makes your opinion that 17alpha-methyl-androstenetriol is superior to 7OH?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
It's cool man, you are entitled to your opinions. You don't need to butter me up with product compliments when you lay them out lol. ;)

Seriously though, i've not taken the time to read any actual literature on the retain components, but i will soon because i picked up a couple of bottles at the O so i can compare it to LX. Of course i've read quite a bit on 7OH when i re-wrote the write-up and the compound impresses me no end.

It's more than likely just because of the lack of feedback on retain, but i have read a lot more beneficial reports on Lean Xtreme. I will be able to give my own feedback and comparison on the two in a month or two when i have used the retain. :)

S

size

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried Retain due to my fear of the tyramine but I really like Lean Xtreme

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Retain along with UHer and I haven't had any adverse side effects thus far.

S

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Hey Rob...

When should we expect stocks of Lean Xtreme to be back...? Nutraplanet, for one, has been out for quite some time.

M

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Most people don't. Unfortunately both times I tried Retain I got irregular heart beats. not pleasant. I would love for someone to come out with a stand alone androtiol product though......

I have been using Retain along with UHer and I haven't had any adverse side effects thus far.

R

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
interesting thanks guys......i wish i could have gotten lean extreme..but it was gone everywhere when i purchased.....ah well maybe next time

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
We have a sample to test, which if good, will be about 4 weeks. Otherwise, probably by the turn of the year.
Rob-
in light of the LX dry spell, how do you think 7-OXO transdermal will work as an alternative, and what dosage would you estimate for a t/d to compare to LX dosing?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, 7-oxo does transdermally for cortisol what 7OH does orally. This is what the old Avant Labs FL7 product used to be before it was dropped in favour of Ab-Solved (aka FL7 II). They used to put like 3g of the 7-oxo into a 4oz bottle, i believe. But you could always throw a bit more in if you liked. I'm not sure what a comparative dose would be though.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Depends what you're using it for really. For dieting, i personally find cortisol to be an absolute bastard for hindering fat loss. If all else is the same and i'm getting leaner using an anti-cort product, i can pretty much attribute it to the product. For lean gaining, i tend to realise how much weight i can add every 2 weeks, and how much of it is LBM vs fat. If i notice i am gaining more LBM than usual and less fat, i can attribute it to the product. Or, if i mistakingly take too much for a few days and my joints feel like dust, i can attribute it to the product.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
You two are making me spooked!

I've used HEAT Stack with no issue, so i don't think it'll be a problem.
I would not worry too much on the tyramine guys. I have BP issues, and never ran into any issues with the compound, even when adding in HEAT.