Politics in the gym?

  1. Politics in the gym?


    Im all for discussing ones views but why the hell would you bring that **** to the gym? Keep politics away from the one place i find peace haha. Anybody else run into this problem?


  2. I put my headphones in and get **** done and leave. If you're having conversations anywhere, then politics is going to find its way into them. The extent of my conversations at the gym is "are you done with that?"
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I put my headphones in and get **** done and leave.

    The extent of my conversations at the gym is "are you done with that?"
    Period!

    That 75 mins is the most efficient effective productive fulfilling and gratify part of my day and I don't share it with anyone.

    OT I don't talk politics but I'll be happy to talk values principles character trustworthiness and integrity of politicians

  4. Exactly. I don't mean to be a non-social jerk at the gym, but that is my time and I'm there for one purpose. No judgement on people that want to go there and socialize, but if you're going to open yourself to conversations, then politics is on the table.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I put my headphones in and get **** done and leave."
    Same here
    •   
       


  6. Lots of people want to say " I spent 3 hours in the gym today"
    So wasting time yapping dosnt bother them.

  7. I would arrive at 3:30 sometimes (am) and FOX was on full blast, and 3 people in the gym.
    Headphones ON; World OFF.

    There is no place for politics or religion or any disucsison other than; "Can I work in with you, please?"
    The gym is the Altar of IRON and the prayers are the quiet movement and breathing.

    It's the last bastion; rampart; citadel of peace and neutrality amongst us all.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

  8. There are many times I find myself with headphones on, and nothing is playing.... It’s a lifesaver!
    Chaos & Pain Rep

  9. One of the guys who used to come in all the time (I called him Deadlift Dan, but after a while I realised Dan wasn't even his name, but it was too late) with whom I would chat most mornings decided, after about 6 months, he wanted to talk to me about Jesus. I thought he was kidding, and laughingly told him to **** off, but turns out he wasn't and he never spoke to me or even acknowledged me again.

  10. I hate to come off like a jerk, and I try to be friendly if someone talks to me at the gym; but 9 times out of 10, the gym is my only alone time in the day and I cherish it. I don't want to talk to anyone about anything while I'm there.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Anabaholic View Post
    I hate to come off like a jerk, and I try to be friendly if someone talks to me at the gym; but 9 times out of 10, the gym is my only alone time in the day and I cherish it. I don't want to talk to anyone about anything while I'm there.
    Exactly...
    I have zero interest in talking to anyone at my gym. There are plenty of opportunities (too many) to talk to people out of the gym! If I have to take off my headphones to listen to someone for even 5 seconds, it completely throws me out of my zone. I tend to be quite hyperfocused due to my preworkout supplements. Fortunately, most people know better than to disrupt my personal gym bubble.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    One of the guys who used to come in all the time (I called him Deadlift Dan, but after a while I realised Dan wasn't even his name, but it was too late) with whom I would chat most mornings decided, after about 6 months, he wanted to talk to me about Jesus. I thought he was kidding, and laughingly told him to **** off, but turns out he wasn't and he never spoke to me or even acknowledged me again.
    Donít you know that Jesus is the Whey?

  13. I don’t talk to anyone at the gym about anything. Period. If I did, it certainly wouldn’t be about politics or Jesus.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

  14. I march in and march right now...no socializing especially politics. Avoid news on TV and the paper, just completely focus on trying to get a good workout in for a measly 60-90 minutes.

    Ive learned in the past too once you start building relationships people then they think you want to talk to them all the time, you get sucked into a black hole. I just cant do that, not there. Train and success, nothing else.

    Big headphones are always mandatory, block out anything people are talking about to keep my mind on training, nothing else.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  15. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I march in and march right now...no socializing especially politics. Avoid news on TV and the paper, just completely focus on trying to get a good workout in for a measly 60-90 minutes.

    Ive learned in the past too once you start building relationships people then they think you want to talk to them all the time, you get sucked into a black hole. I just cant do that, not there. Train and success, nothing else.

    Big headphones are always mandatory, block out anything people are talking about to keep my mind on training, nothing else.
    I switched to earbuds, love em!!! 70's rock!!!!

    at gym at work at play, hell I would have my earbuds in while having sex if my wife weren't such a prude....
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

    use code THEBIGT for 25% off
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. OT: The Biggest Lies in the Gym
    By Luke530 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
  2. I saw a guy tear his pec in the gym
    By Longdog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 10:03 PM
  4. Dammit, I rolled my wrist in the gym today
    By Alpha Dog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 09:47 PM
  5. how much time do you spend in the gym
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Log in
Log in