Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i remember being a teenager in the 70's...the youth movement was all about how corrupt and dishonest government and big business was. we critized the hell out of the morals and principles of our parents and their generation, when they were probably the greatest generation this country ever had or will have. we were against big business for polution and the environment, and their greed for profit. we called the government big brother, because of how we thought they spied on us. we thought the government and big business should do more to help the poor and needy. hell we critized everything.....

well our time came and what did we do with our chance to make things right, lol...what a joke, my generation is so greedy and corrupt we stink of it!!!

as to the current government, ran almost entirely of baby boomers...well it is so corrupt it makes the nixon administration look like they should be nominated for sainthood!!!

i apologize to the youth of this nation for what my generation has done to this country....i am ashamed!!!

mb2

Awards
You didn't mention war. We opposed the Vietnam War but started equally lethal wars like the Iraq invasion under completely false pretenses. And the "war on drugs," which has created the world's largest prison population for trivial reasons.

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
Generation X hear saying to bigt don't be so hard on yourself or your generation, It's only human nature to want to look out for yourself and your family so alot of people sell out.(not saying it's right) Although some might call it greed and self indulgence.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
its ok. the 90's kids (generation x right?) are dum lazy little ****heads. if youre scared of the boomers in power now, wait till we are. im scared for the future lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You didn't mention war. We opposed the Vietnam War but started equally lethal wars like the Iraq invasion under completely false pretenses. And the "war on drugs," which has created the world's largest prison population for trivial reasons.
you are correct...i was just doing a general off the top of my head rant of how baby boomers have sold out and not only become what we stood against, but corrupted the system even more. what i wouldn't give to have things back the way they were before baby boomers took over....baby boomers should and probably will go down in american history as the worst generation of all time...and the irony of it is that the generation we were criticizing so harshly will and should go down as the greatest!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Generation X hear saying to bigt don't be so hard on yourself or your generation, It's only human nature to want to look out for yourself and your family so alot of people sell out.(not saying it's right) Although some might call it greed and self indulgence.
money comes and money goes, once you sell out your morals and principles you have little left to hand down to your children.

and it is greed and indulgence!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
its ok. the 90's kids (generation x right?) are dum lazy little ****heads. if youre scared of the boomers in power now, wait till we are. im scared for the future lol
i just hope there is something for your generation to take power over....america is looking like it is headed for a crash and burn, much like the roman empire!!!

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
money comes and money goes, once you sell out your morals and principles you have little left to hand down to your children.

and it is greed and indulgence!!!!
Agreed.

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
And what a mess this country is in. But then again it seems like this whole world is in a mess. Things aren't looking that great anywhere right now.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i remember being a teenager in the 70's...the youth movement was all about how corrupt and dishonest government and big business was. we critized the hell out of the morals and principles of our parents and their generation, when they were probably the greatest generation this country ever had or will have. we were against big business for polution and the environment, and their greed for profit. we called the government big brother, because of how we thought they spied on us. we thought the government and big business should do more to help the poor and needy. hell we critized everything.....

well our time came and what did we do with our chance to make things right, lol...what a joke, my generation is so greedy and corrupt we stink of it!!!

as to the current government, ran almost entirely of baby boomers...well it is so corrupt it makes the nixon administration look like they should be nominated for sainthood!!!

i apologize to the youth of this nation for what my generation has done to this country....i am ashamed!!!
While I can see where you are going with this, I can't completely agree. It seems politics attracts the scaviest there are to be attracted. You aren't allowed into politics if you want to buck the system... just the way it works. An ol boys club of sorts.

Mostly because I did look up to my grandfather as one of the hardest working people I know and took care of his family the right way while instilling morals.

Problem is, people such as my grandfather would never go into politics due to the sheer corruption that is there already.

The problem is the people we want in politics will never go that way.

The paul's buck the trend, but you see how the media treats those dissenting opinions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
While I can see where you are going with this, I can't completely agree. It seems politics attracts the scaviest there are to be attracted. You aren't allowed into politics if you want to buck the system... just the way it works. An ol boys club of sorts.

Mostly because I did look up to my grandfather as one of the hardest working people I know and took care of his family the right way while instilling morals.

Problem is, people such as my grandfather would never go into politics due to the sheer corruption that is there already.

The problem is the people we want in politics will never go that way.

The paul's buck the trend, but you see how the media treats those dissenting opinions.
politicians are always floating balloons to see how far they can go and get away with....baby boomers were more than eager to sell out for a little loose change. my parents generation would not have been so eager to sell out their values!!!

musclefool

musclefool

Awards
  • Established
I was born in 91 I have two jobs Nd go to college... I live on my own with my girlfriend.. I'm not lazy, and I workout everyday as well. I know alot of people who are doing as good as me too in my age range.

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
I was born in 91 I have two jobs Nd go to college... I live on my own with my girlfriend.. I'm not lazy, and I workout everyday as well. I know alot of people who are doing as good as me too in my age range.
I believe you're Generation Y

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
And Generation X created all those cool Social Websites that Generation Y people waste their entire lives on.

nate321

nate321

Awards
I ****ing hate my generation. Everyone is a bunch of pussies anymore. muslims run around raping and bombing **** so generation x demonizes Christians. Generation x just wants to sit at home and get stoned. Plus no integrity. I hate to be one of those guys but I should have been born in the 60's or 70's

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I couldn't help but notice from this three year old bump that you do indeed enjoy living in the past.

nate321

nate321

Awards
Haha pretty much. I feel like everyone back then was a bunch of bad asses especially the 40's they had 308 machine guns as standard issue weapons lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I ****ing hate my generation. Everyone is a bunch of pussies anymore. muslims run around raping and bombing **** so generation x demonizes Christians. Generation x just wants to sit at home and get stoned. Plus no integrity. I hate to be one of those guys but I should have been born in the 60's or 70's
you have to remember that until 1973 there was a draft and the majority of 18 year olds were mandatorily put into the military.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today they're too good for minimum wage jobs yet their parents provide them all the amenities of the middle income employed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today they're too good for minimum wage jobs yet their parents provide them all the amenities of the middle income employed.
too many of us of our generation spoiled their kids to much, and rather than stand up to them gave in to them. our generation did not pass on the disclipine and respect that our parents taught us...plus I think that divorce has played a huge role in how kids are today, our generations parents did not divorce the way our generation did and does, I firmly believe that a child needs both a mom and dad in their lives.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironic you mention divorce.

At 20 my son was destroying himself and the privilidged life he had at his mother's. She took the car. Took his phone. Took his laptop. She stopped buying his stuff and supporting his habits. He was miserable.

Clearly my son was struggling at his mothers and I flew him out here to be with me. Got him a job. Leased to own him my own vehicle.

All I asked was for him to follow some simple house rules, keep his room, keep his job, pay his lease, buy his gas and if he was going to get high be dependable responsible respectful and reliable.

Lost his job. Lost his vehicle. Lost his supplier credit. Ran back to the privilidged life he had at his mother's crying about how tough I made it for him.

I handed him a fresh start but he was already so entitled and had lifestyle expectations he could not support on his own or function without. Broke my heart.

The part that pisses me off the most is that all through high school he had me waiting for him to graduate so he could come home to live with his dad. She invested in creating a lifestyle of privilidge and comfort and entitlement that my love and discipline could not compete with. He chose the path of greatest privilidge and comfort over the one I offered him.

The prick missed my birthday and Father's Day again for I forget now how many times now. </rant>

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ironic you mention divorce.

At 20 my son was destroying himself and the privilidged life he had at his mother's. She took the car. Took his phone. Took his laptop. She stopped buying his stuff and supporting his habits. He was miserable.

Clearly my son was struggling at his mothers and I flew him out here to be with me. Got him a job. Leased to own him my own vehicle.

All I asked was for him to follow some simple house rules, keep his room, keep his job, pay his lease, buy his gas and if he was going to get high be dependable responsible respectful and reliable.

Lost his job. Lost his vehicle. Lost his supplier credit. Ran back to the privilidged life he had at his mother's crying about how tough I made it for him.

I handed him a fresh start but he was already so entitled and had lifestyle expectations he could not support on his own or function without. Broke my heart.

The part that pisses me off the most is that all through high school he had me waiting for him to graduate so he could come home to live with his dad. She invested in creating a lifestyle of privilidge and comfort and entitlement that my love and discipline could not compete with. He chose the path of greatest privilidge and comfort over the one I offered him.

The prick missed my birthday and Father's Day again for I forget now how many times now. </rant>
don't give up on him...I can't tell you how many times I have told my mother...'the older I get, the smarter you get'....hopefully there will come a time he will feel that way towards you!!!