Mental & texas show: AM members critique, comment thread

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys this is for everyone who has been following the competitors journals, journey, etc. This is a place where you can give feed back to each competitor constructively and politely. Please be polite because every competitor put in quite a bit of effort no matter what their contest pics may look like.

We are very interested in hear what the AM members have to say and would love to hear it!

Please state what you have to say and to which competitors. please no "dissing, vulgar words, or trash talking"

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My feedback thus far, is that you guys should throw these pics up already! Any of you plan on cutting water all day, or are you all coming in wet?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya whats up? you said your locking these out noon central time? or eastern?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
no we adjusted to 9pm central due to some schedules for people.

It was the first time we did this so there was a ton of working out kinks. alot of people were getting sick. We have the final list of contestants which ended being about 15 from the 30 or so we had originally want to do it.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no we adjusted to 9pm central due to some schedules for people.

It was the first time we did this so there was a ton of working out kinks. alot of people were getting sick. We have the final list of contestants which ended being about 15 from the 30 or so we had originally want to do it.

Gotcha!!

B

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Just posted mine. Be nice lmao. My chest sucks and I need more mass. There, I gotcha started lol. :feedback:

B

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
My feedback thus far, is that you guys should throw these pics up already! Any of you plan on cutting water all day, or are you all coming in wet?
Wet as water bro.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just posted mine. Be nice lmao. My chest sucks and I need more mass. There, I gotcha started lol. :feedback:
Look solid man, your back looks great, delts are nice, picture 1 is very solid dude, I do agree chest needs some work,its not all that bad, But hell so does mine!! you stepped up and came in strong, well done!:thumbsup:

B

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Look solid man, your back looks great, delts are nice, picture 1 is very solid dude, I do agree chest needs some work,its not all that bad, But hell so does mine!! you stepped up and came in strong, well done!:thumbsup:
thanks bro

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn good bassgod!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Metroba, awesome calves bro!

Bassgod, awesome back, thick calves, nice and shiny!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Met, Bro you have made great progress bro! looking good man, what up with the navy times bro????????????????????? are you AD?

p5sky, great shots! i like how you had the back drop all black, you have great muscle definition bro, in the back shot , looks like your right arm is bigger then your left, is it or is it just the pic? either way great job.

lol this is why i havent posted pics on this site yet , all you guys blow me away! lol

Im glad im not judging this..

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
my pics are up! size is small so let me know if I need to make em bigger.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my pics are up! size is small so let me know if I need to make em bigger.

I would, It might come down to one small detail, which that is where your pics are kinda hindering it ..other wise, they look great dude! you have a mamoth back bro!, but i would make them bigger:)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would, It might come down to one small detail, which that is where your pics are kinda hindering it ..other wise, they look great dude! you have a mamoth back bro!, but i would make them bigger:)
thanks man! I can't figure out how to make them bigger does anyone know how? on my computer they are big but when I upload them they are little

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks man! I can't figure out how to make them bigger does anyone know how? on my computer they are big but when I upload them they are little
Im not sure Tex, I've never used that before hopefully Met, p5sky, or bassgod can chime in..

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im not sure Tex, I've never used that before hopefully Met, p5sky, or bassgod can chime in..

I used Microsoft Picture Manager to re-size mine . . . I actually made them smaller to: "Web-Small"

Photobucket might re-size them so that they do not take up bandwidth

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In the upload/choose file box, at the bottom there is a drop down box that says "reduce to" make sure that is set to the correct size. Id set it to 17" screen or higher.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
In the upload/choose file box, at the bottom there is a drop down box that says "reduce to" make sure that is set to the correct size. Id set it to 17" screen or higher.
alright thanks cool man. I just deleted them all and am reloading them bigger

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Compared to you guys I look like chris farley.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
alright thanks cool man. I just deleted them all and am reloading them bigger
Did you guys post both the before pics and after pics or just the final pics?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
TL89, you are in good shape as far as conditioning goes. As far as an online bbing comp is concerned. Your waist is a tad wide, could be genetics though. Everything else looks pretty solid except for the fact that you need to learn how to pose a bit better. Very good shape though IMO.

Dafox. You look awesome man. Arms are a little small, but it looks like you have a long reach. Don't worry man, they will seem to grow overnight eventually. Poses are a little weak here as well, which seems to be a trend thus far.

To sum my opinions up. You guys are in great shape for being teens. The teens at our local shows would give their left nut to look like you guys.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ps5ky, err whatever hahaha, you look good man. Legs are a little on the small side, but at least they are somewhat conditioned. Upper back looks thick, and once again, great calves. Chest looks good too.

V

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Mine are posted!

D

dafox

Awards
  • Established
TL89, you are in good shape as far as conditioning goes. As far as an online bbing comp is concerned. Your waist is a tad wide, could be genetics though. Everything else looks pretty solid except for the fact that you need to learn how to pose a bit better. Very good shape though IMO.

Dafox. You look awesome man. Arms are a little small, but it looks like you have a long reach. Don't worry man, they will seem to grow overnight eventually. Poses are a little weak here as well, which seems to be a trend thus far.

To sum my opinions up. You guys are in great shape for being teens. The teens at our local shows would give their left nut to look like you guys.
Thanks man. I have to admit, I don't know how to pose, and I focus so much on my core rather than arms at all... my arms used to be big compared to the rest of me, but my chest got bigger... and my shoulders, but I focused on those. working more on arms now though! :ntome:

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Man, I knew I was going to lose, but vikinginc blew me the fuck away.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mine are posted!
Viking. It looks like you tried to be in shape for this. You are hella conditioned, great size, great vascularity. YOU HAVE VISIBLE ABS!!!

Unless someone comes out of nowhere, you got my vote. (I'm not a judge though unfortunately.)

You should focus on snatching a local show title this year. Should not be a problem for you man.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I heard Viking is using cell tech:D Ban him from the competition for an unfair advantage. lol

On a serious note everyone looks like they are working hard, viking your looking sick bro.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Smeton. Looking good man! Legs look awesome, just no separation. I know you played a lot with the diet, but I think you could have done better. This isn't a knock by any means, don't take it that way.

Future Pilot. You are a massive guy, but did you diet at all for this? You would look so much larger if you just leaned out a bit.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not at all bro Im glad to have your constructive critism.I could have been 15 lbs leaner. and a lot more muscular!(Injury nine months ago) I have to wait in till this injury is healed to start even training intensely and using creatine and beta alanine..then maybe just maybe Ill use super supplements.

as for flaws
Future diet down lean enough to see what were working with
myself (above) more upper body mass(the back thickness stayed from years of deadlifts) lose 15 lbs more of fat.
Viking you need to start doing local shows asap! big size and ripped!
JohnJessica, you have the ripped part down no doubt I don't know if your going for bigger or not at the same height as myself (6ft2 im 6ft2 barefooted and 6ft3-4 with shoes, most people youll be surprised are really 6ft2 measuring themselves with shoes off)I'd go for bigger. your choice though. maybe start competing in a local show at light heavyweight or play the size game and aim for 225 next.
Bassgod pretty good cuts man. maybe over time more mass if thats what you want
metroba you look good your on your way keep it up. take your time learning nutrition
p5sky you know how to pose! the black backround for more cuts and lighting worked in your advantage.

wow I guess that's it! I thought you were competing Texas?

V

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Viking. It looks like you tried to be in shape for this. You are hella conditioned, great size, great vascularity. YOU HAVE VISIBLE ABS!!!

Unless someone comes out of nowhere, you got my vote. (I'm not a judge though unfortunately.)

You should focus on snatching a local show title this year. Should not be a problem for you man.
Man, many thanks for the compliments!

I have been able to maintain my hours @ the gym, but NO - ZERO - cardio performed in several weeks, apart from long, sweaty nights working late. The past three nights, I've worked till 3AM at the club/bar, but haven't touched an oz. of alcohol. I've brought my 1.5 liter bottle of water, and drank that, and ONLY that. Calorie count has been lowered, and I was, truthfully, afraid of looking very flat today. But overall, I am very happy with what I was able to bring to the table. Consistency is the key, but as is the over all dedication.

I'm hoping to do my first local show this summer in Houston, TX. From all the positive feedback I've received here, I've only gotten more AMPED UP about moving on into bodybuilding/fitness! I'd love to get into fitness modeling, and I'm hoping I'll find a way to enter that sooner than later.

V

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I heard Viking is using cell tech:D Ban him from the competition for an unfair advantage. lol

On a serious note everyone looks like they are working hard, viking your looking sick bro.
You got me, man; MuscleTech all the whey !

Thanks so much for the compliments, man !

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
texas lifter.. you look real good man, u just need to work on those shoulders a little more.. u need to add some width to shoulders and upperback..

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping to do my first local show this summer in Houston, TX. From all the positive feedback I've received here, I've only gotten more AMPED UP about moving on into bodybuilding/fitness! I'd love to get into fitness modeling, and I'm hoping I'll find a way to enter that sooner than later.
From what I have seen from you in the past and the present, nothing is stopping you from achieving those goals. Once again, well done!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Panther, You look good man, how old are you? Your legs are huge!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't see the Teen thread.. To all the teensl I have to say anyone that is doing it at this age has a big head start i didn't start in till 21 and was ignorantly partying my brains out at this age.

Texas you look great. nice cuts and nice size could use some size upper body is good. keep deadlifting
Dafox nicejob man. nice abs and cuts good tan as well
Panther look good man you guys got such a head start! keep it up

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A round of applause for everyone that has submitted thus far!!! :clap2:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. I just closed all picture threads since 9 was the closing time. Twitch and a few others didn't get pictures up. I personally called drummaboyzl and told him to get his up...but whatever? Anyways guys everyone looks great! I am very pleased with how smoothly this went and that we did get quite a few guys to stick with it! I am already starting up on an idea for the next one so please if any of you are interested in helping me plan this let me know. FYI it is alot of work, but its all worth it when you see guys make progress.

Viking, PM me about that show maybe I will enter it with you. I am doing lonestar classic october 16th so i expect to see you there along with some of the other AM'ers in our area who said they would attend.

Thanks alot guys this has been great and I am very proud of everyone. To the guys giving critiques i really appreciate you keeping it polite and not introducing slander, slang, etc. Everyone here worked very hard and they deserve to hear comments in a constructive manor. I will be in contact with twitch and the judges to make sure they all have seen the threads.

Great job and thanks for working with twitch and I to make this a smooth run!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. I just closed all picture threads since 9 was the closing time. Twitch and a few others didn't get pictures up. I personally called drummaboyzl and told him to get his up...but whatever? Anyways guys everyone looks great! I am very pleased with how smoothly this went and that we did get quite a few guys to stick with it! I am already starting up on an idea for the next one so please if any of you are interested in helping me plan this let me know. FYI it is alot of work, but its all worth it when you see guys make progress.

Viking, PM me about that show maybe I will enter it with you. I am doing lonestar classic october 16th so i expect to see you there along with some of the other AM'ers in our area who said they would attend.

Thanks alot guys this has been great and I am very proud of everyone. To the guys giving critiques i really appreciate you keeping it polite and not introducing slander, slang, etc. Everyone here worked very hard and they deserve to hear comments in a constructive manor. I will be in contact with twitch and the judges to make sure they all have seen the threads.

Great job and thanks for working with twitch and I to make this a smooth run!
YAY!!!

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Future Pilot. You are a massive guy, but did you diet at all for this? You would look so much larger if you just leaned out a bit.
I know, I wasn't near as lean as I should have been. I should have been in alot better shape for this. If I had started my diet when I first learned about the Comp, It most likely would have met my goal. In my pics I'm probably 240+. I realize this isn't respectable for any comp, and I apologize. But I figured I would post, because I promised I would, and I'm a man of my word.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I know, I wasn't near as lean as I should have been. I should have been in alot better shape for this. If I had started my diet when I first learned about the Comp, It most likely would have met my goal. In my pics I'm probably 240+. I realize this isn't respectable for any comp, and I apologize. But I figured I would post, because I promised I would, and I'm a man of my word.
I give you props for posting man! Especially even though you did not meet your goal. Its a very respectable thing.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Not at all bro Im glad to have your constructive critism.I could have been 15 lbs leaner. and a lot more muscular!(Injury nine months ago) I have to wait in till this injury is healed to start even training intensely and using creatine and beta alanine..then maybe just maybe Ill use super supplements.

as for flaws
myself (above) more upper body mass(the back thickness stayed from years of deadlifts) lose 15 lbs more of fat.
Viking you need to start doing local shows asap! big size and ripped!
JohnJessica, you have the ripped part down no doubt I don't know if your going for bigger or not at the same height as myself (6ft2 im 6ft2 barefooted and 6ft3-4 with shoes, most people youll be surprised are really 6ft2 measuring themselves with shoes off)I'd go for bigger. your choice though. maybe start competing in a local show at light heavyweight or play the size game and aim for 225 next.
Bassgod pretty good cuts man. maybe over time more mass if thats what you want
metroba you look good your on your way keep it up. take your time learning nutrition
p5sky you know how to pose! the black backround for more cuts and lighting worked in your advantage.

wow I guess that's it! I thought you were competing Texas?
Thanks for the compliment buddy! Looks like the diet worked great.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job everyone! definitely the Overall Winner is Viking, IMO. You are thick. I appreciate all the comments and criticisms, it is what helps to improve. I dont plan on competing but I do work hard to improve my size and symmetry. For those planning on comp in the future: GOOD LUCK!

I enjoyed this experience, kind of anti-climatic now that its over, like the day after graduation, prom, or a wedding. All of the prep and then . . . . . poof its over.

Thanks MentalTwitch and TexasLifter for organizing this and thanks to all of the sponsors.

Cheers,
P5sky