Any news on the nootropic

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last I heard this was due out a couple of months ago? Any updates?

Also why no logs on Massmax. Aside from one log which hardly got going not seen any logs of this?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last I heard this was due out a couple of months ago? Any updates?

Also why no logs on Massmax. Aside from one log which hardly got going not seen any logs of this?
We released VasoMax then MassMax XT. We just finished up a contest to guess the ingredients in NootropiMax.

Here is the label:

As far as MassMax XT logs, we have all the beta logger logs. We are just finishing up a few VasoMax sponsored logs, then we will have the NootropiMax logs going. Been a busy few weeks.

MassMax XT Beta logs

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Expected dateof release?

Familiar with most ingredients but there are few novel onesi am curious as to reason for inclusion. L ornithine for example has mixed reviews in the nootropics board with some saying it made them too detached!

Alos was looking for logs post release not the beta tests. I recall one or more reps saying some tweaks were going to be made following some of the beta testing feedback. What changes were made? More important is user experience following product launch

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also are you going to do a product without caffeine. I want something that gives me a mental edge without the typical stims to give me more flexibility in case i plan to take a pre with caffeine. I want to minimise my caffeine intake. I was hoping for something that could stand on its own without caffeine

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also are you going to do a product without caffeine. I want something that gives me a mental edge without the typical stims to give me more flexibility in case i plan to take a pre with caffeine. I want to minimise my caffeine intake. I was hoping for something that could stand on its own without caffeine
I was always a fan of focus xt caffeine free. NootropiMax is designed to work synergisticly with the caffeine and theacrine. In order to go caffeine free, there would need to be too many changes. I will tag in Adizzle1 and muscleupcrohn for complete explanation.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a high caffeine threshold lol. So need ingredients that work on different pathways as caffeine is like water to me
Theacrine doesnt move the needle for me either

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are currently no plans for a stim-free version of NootropiMax. With that said, I am confident that the formula could "stand on its own" without the caffeine, but it is designed in such a way that many of the ingredients are synergistic with caffeine, and promote increased energy and focus, while reducing some of the detrimental effects that people can get from caffeine alone. For example, both theanine and L-ornithine HCL have been shown to be synergistic with caffeine, and I also feel that the anxiety reducing effects of bacopa and sceletium also compliment the caffeine well. I do want to clarify that NootropiMax isn't something that wouldn't be effective without caffeine though, as it still has many ingredients that would have acute effects and/or additional benefits with continued use (bacopa, CDP-choline, huperzine-A, Noopept, sceletium, theanine, and L-ornithine HCL).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a high caffeine threshold lol. So need ingredients that work on different pathways as caffeine is like water to me
Theacrine doesnt move the needle for me either
See my last post. Additionally, many ingredients in NootropiMax work on different pathways than caffeine and theacrine. Besides the energy from it, which I do enjoy, the other ingredients are really what is going to provide you with the nootropic/cognitive/memory/etc effects (both with acute and continued use), as well as helping to reduce anxiety and improve mood.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theacrine doesnt move the needle for me either. Focus xt caffeine free didnt really work for me. My personal experience is nootropics without caffeine feel flat for me. Hence my quest for nootropics which give me a clear and acute mental boost but without the caffeine.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive tried all the ingredients, aside from the ester and sceletium so dont think ill give this a go as my neural pathways dont seem to respond to these lol. I need to reduce my caffeine intake. Currentlly on close to 10 cups a day! Its obviously having a blunting effect

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive tried all the ingredients, aside from the ester and sceletium so dont think ill give this a go as my neural pathways dont seem to respond to these lol. I need to reduce my caffeine intake l. Currentl on close to 10 cups a day!
Wow, I think it's time for a stim-break my friend! I don't blame you for not wanting something with a lot of caffeine right now with this in mind. When you're cycling off your caffeine, or at least starting by lowering or tapering down your caffeine intake, I'd recommend adding in some adaptogens to help you out. Perhaps rhodiola during the day, and some ashwagandha in the evening.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I think it's time for a stim-break my friend! I don't blame you for not wanting something with a lot of caffeine right now with this in mind. When you're cycling off your caffeine, or at least starting by lowering or tapering down your caffeine intake, I'd recommend adding in some adaptogens to help you out. Perhaps rhodiola during the day, and some ashwagandha in the evening.
Rhodiola doesn't do anything for me. Tried a a few products...Ashwagandha is probably the opposite of what i need! It makes me feel lethargic and gives me brain fog which makes me resort to taking even greater amounts of caffeine throughout the morning to clear my brain fog. What i need is something i can use as a substitute for caffeine that clears my brain fog, makes me alert and focused and well motivated without the jitters/crash of a stim.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rhodiola doesn't do anything for me. Tried a a few products...Ashwagandha is probably the opposite of what i need! It makes me feel lethargic and gives me brain fog which makes me resort to taking even greater amounts of caffeine throughout the morning to clear my brain fog. What i need is something i can use as a substitute for caffeine that clears my brain fog, makes me alert and focused and well motivated without the jitters/crash of a stim.
I take my ashwagandha in the evening/night, otherwise I know what you're saying. I just think that it's adaptogen effects could help with continued use. Have you tried a good HPLC extract standardized for 3% rosavin and 2% salidroside (like SHR-5 that had a ton of studies)? I actually used theacrine when I was taking a caffeine break, although they're similar, so I can't say if it is an amazing idea, but I liked it. There's always -finils, but i wouldn't recommend taking them daily, haha.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take my ashwagandha in the evening/night, otherwise I know what you're saying. I just think that it's adaptogen effects could help with continued use. Have you tried a good HPLC extract standardized for 3% rosavin and 2% salidroside (like SHR-5 that had a ton of studies)? I actually used theacrine when I was taking a caffeine break, although they're similar, so I can't say if it is an amazing idea, but I liked it. There's always -finils, but i wouldn't recommend taking them daily, haha.
To be fair none of the one's I tried were 3/2% I have read conflicting views on this board though with some saying the main active compound responsible for Rhodiola's effects is salidroside. The SHR=5 appears to be a proprietary product and to be honest Im not sure if i want to risk shelling out the extra money for this. I think Rhodiola is overrated. Tried theacrine (**********). Cant say i share your experience

I notice rhodiola is not included in the nootrimax formula? Any reason why? Also, as to my original question, when is this going on sale and where??

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be fair none of the one's I tried were 3/2% I have read conflicting views on this board though with some saying the main active compound responsible for Rhodiola's effects is salidroside. The SHR=5 appears to be a proprietary product and to be honest Im not sure if i want to risk shelling out the extra money for this. I think Rhodiola is overrated. Tried theacrine (**********). Cant say i share your experience

I notice rhodiola is not included in the nootrimax formula? Any reason why? Also, as to my original question, when is this going on sale and where??
Should be about 2 weeks, maybe a little less now (that was announced a few days ago), on Performax's website.

You don't need actual SHR-5, just a similar extract. Notice how almost all the promising studies use 3/1 or 3/2 extracts. Salidroside is the primary active, but research has shown that various components are synergistic with each other; rosavin potentiates salidroside, and Russian research constantly emphasizes the importance of having both. Barlows has a very good 3/2 extract, 500mg caps; I like to use 1/2 a cap PWO.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should be about 2 weeks, maybe a little less now (that was announced a few days ago), on Performax's website.

You don't need actual SHR-5, just a similar extract. Notice how almost all the promising studies use 3/1 or 3/2 extracts. Salidroside is the primary active, but research has shown that various components are synergistic with each other; rosavin potentiates salidroside, and Russian research constantly emphasizes the importance of having both. Barlows has a very good 3/2 extract, 500mg caps; I like to use 1/2 a cap PWO.
Thanks. And reasoning for not including Rhodiola in Nootrimax?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. And reasoning for not including Rhodiola in Nootrimax?
First, we can't have every promising ingredient in one product, especially to keep the price and value at a good level, as well as keep the serving size reasonable. There comes a point of diminishing returns, and we feel that NootropiMax covers a variety of angles with a synergistic and effective formula, with every ingredient playing a role and helping to maximize the benefits of the others. Besides, I personally like having a few solid ingredients to fall back on when I'm taking a break from NootropiMax every so often.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally i would have replaced the bacopa with Rhodiola. Just my view. i dont like adaptogens or nootropics which make me feel lethargic in a blend. I think these detract from the zoned in, quick-thinking and alertness personally look for in nootropics. This has also clouded my experience with a number of "test boosters" which include ash.

I prefer to run things such as ashwagandha and bacopa as standalone products which i can take as and when i need a more sedated feeling

Anyway, one cant know for sure how it will work until you it will work "synergestically" or not so will try this out when it eventually gets released but kost likelt after I run nootrol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally i would have replaced the bacopa with Rhodiola. Just my view. i dont like adaptogens or nootropics which make me feel lethargic in a blend. I think these detract from the zoned in, quick-thinking and alertness personally look for in nootropics. This has also clouded my experience with a number of "test boosters" which include ash.

I prefer to run things such as ashwagandha and bacopa as standalone products which i can take as and when i need a more sedated feeling

Anyway, one cant know for sure how it will work until you it will work "synergestically" or not so will try this out when it eventually gets released but kost likelt after I run nootrol
I do know what you are saying about bacopa, but I feel, and our testers seem to agree, that any potential lethargy from the bacopa is eliminated by the caffeiene(s) plus theanine and ornithine, theacrine, and nootropic ingredients, and the bacopa lends additional stress/anxiety reduction (in combination with the sceletium and theanine), and helps provide a well-rounded, clean, and focused energy and mood boost.

Edit: stacking the two would be fun :)

I actually have some standalone rhodiola and BF-7 on hand, and bacopa is similar enough to Gotu kola (they have even been historically reffered to synonomously, if technically incorrectly, and modern research shows significant similarities). Another option is to use something like Nootrol when you're taking a break from NootropiMax every so often.