TB 500 and healing

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TB500 is for research purposes only/not for human consumption. Evidence shows this peptide may be the most effective peptide for healing injuries (tendons, ligaments etc). Here's a nice little writeup.

TB-500 is a synthetic fraction of the protein thymosin beta-4, which is present in virtually all human and animal cells. The main purpose of this peptide is to promote healing. It also promotes creation of new blood and muscle cells. The healing effects of TB-500 have been observed in tendons, ligaments, muscle, skin, heart, and the eyes. Thymosin beta-4 is naturally produced in higher concentration where tissue has been damaged. This peptide is also a very potent anti-inflamatory agent.*

TB-500 is different from other repair factors (growth hormone, IGF-1), because it promotes endothelial and keratinocyte migration. It also does not bind to the extracellular matrix and has a very low molecular weight. Because of this it can travel long distances through the tissues in the human body.*

One of TB-500 key mechanisms of action is its ability to regulate the cell-building protein - Actin. Of the thousands of proteins present within human cells, actin represents roughly 10% of the total. It is thus a vital component of cell structure and movement.

Thymosin Beta-4 is a protein which consists of 43 amino acids and is encoded by the gene TMSB4X in the human body. It has been studies in numerous clinical trials. Research has shown that if the thymosin beta-4 peptide is used after a heart attack it can reactivate cardiac progenitor cells to repair damaged heart tissue.*

Thymosin beta-4 is a very large molecule. In fact, it is so large that it cannot fit entirely into the receptor. Different sections of the molecule have different activities. TB-500 is the part of thymosin beta-4 hormone which promotes the most useful effects (overall healing, repair, new blood and muscle cells). For medical applications it is more practical to use the TB-500 instead of the entire Thymosin Beta-4 protein.

Desirable effects of TB-500:

differentiation of endothelial cells (blood and lymphatic vessels)

growth of new blood cells

keratinocyte migration

collagen deposition

decreases inflammation in various tissue types

decreased inflamation in joints

increase muscle growth

increases in endurance and strength

relaxed muscle spasm and improved muscle tone

repair damaged heart tissue following a heart attack

healing of ulcers and lesions (including stomach and intestinal ulcers)

increased exchange of substance between cells

overall tissue repair

faster healing of wounds

repair of tendons and ligaments

improved flexibility of joints

prevents the formations of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons and ligaments

promotes hair growth

protects and restores neurons after brain injury

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With out digging into this further... would this be possible as a transdermal?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty sure inj ensures the efficiency of the peptide. But to answer your question about theoretically why it would or would not work td I'm not sure.
Mike Arnold can prob give the best insight

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure inj ensures the efficiency of the peptide. But to answer your question about theoretically why it would or would not work td I'm not sure.
Mike Arnold can prob give the best insight
Thymosin Beta 4 has a molecular weight of 4921 g/mol, so it would likely not benefit at all from improved absorption/bioavailability through transdermal application.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10839713

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thymosin Beta 4 has a molecular weight of 4921 g/mol, so it would likely not benefit at all from improved absorption/bioavailability through transdermal application.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10839713
I think tb500 is only a part of that molecule (thymosin beta 4) as stated in the original post above. However I'm not sure of its MW. But usually rule of thumb is a molecular weight of 300 or less makes a good td. Anymore you start to lose the ability for the molecule to pass through the skin.

That 4921 mw def ain't happening lol

Great article Jebrook

Edit strange I'm looking at it now and tb500 is referred to as thymosin beta 4 yet in the Op it states the reason why tb500 is only actually a part of that molecule and that its more beneficial than using the whole protein.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think tb500 is only a part of that molecule (thymosin beta 4) as stated in the original post above. However I'm not sure of its MW. But usually rule of thumb is a molecular weight of 300 or less makes a good td. Anymore you start to lose the ability for the molecule to pass through the skin.

That 4921 mw def ain't happening lol

Great article Jebrook
Actually, they are sometimes claimed to be the same thing. Thymosin Beta 4 is a protein peptide produced in the thymus gland. TB-500 is the same protein peptide produced synthetically.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, they are the same thing. Thymosin Beta 4 is a protein peptide produced in the thymus gland. TB-500 is the same protein peptide produced synthetically.
Yeah I just edited my post above. Did you read the Op.... Its stating that tb500 is only a part of the whole protein. So you may have a better understanding than me. One things for sure a MW of 4000 no bueno for td.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I just edited my post above. Did you read the Op.... Its stating that tb500 is only a part of the whole protein. So you may have a better understanding than me. One things for sure a MW of 4000 no bueno for td.
I’ve read articles and posts in various forums and sites. Some state they are exactly the same compound and other support what you said. I think that your assessment is probably correct as I’ve seen it stated that way more often. Regardless, even if viable to pass through the dermis, subcutaneous or intramuscular administration will still be the best methods. Transdermal would be less efficient and increase production cost.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is something I found on the subject

As you learned in the previous article on BPC-157, peptides are two or more amino acids linked together in a chain, and*TB-500 is a simply a short peptide fragment of an actual hormone – a hormone called “Thymosin Beta-4”.

TB-500 and Thymosin Beta-4 are*not exactly the same, although you’ll often see the two names used interchangeably in the peptide world (AKA broscience bodybuilding forums).* It’s much harder to get your hands on true Thymosin Beta-4, whether for research use, equine enhancement, athletic performance enhancement or bodybuilding. But TB-500’s peptide sequence shares most of the properties of Thymosin Beta-4, and*it’s more economical to produce, thus easier to find.
Jebrook not sure how or if the mw is significantly decreased or not. Can't seem to find mw for the actual peptide.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As you learned in the previous article on BPC-157, peptides are two or more amino acids linked together in a chain, and*TB-500 is a simply a short peptide fragment of an actual hormone – a hormone called “Thymosin Beta-4”.

TB-500 and Thymosin Beta-4 are*not exactly the same, although you’ll often see the two names used interchangeably in the peptide world (AKA broscience bodybuilding forums).* It’s much harder to get your hands on true Thymosin Beta-4, whether for research use, equine enhancement, athletic performance enhancement or bodybuilding. But TB-500’s peptide sequence shares most of the properties of Thymosin Beta-4, and*it’s more economical to produce, thus easier to find.
Jebrook not sure how or if the mw is significantly decreased or not. Can't seem to find mw for the actual peptide.
Lol. See my previous post. We’ve read the same things. I’m on the same page as you. TD might be more convenient for researchers who don’t like administering with needles but I agree it wouldn’t be a better route of administration and would be more expensive.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. See my previous post. We’ve read the same things. I’m on the same page as you. TD might be more convenient for researchers who don’t like administering with needles but I agree it wouldn’t be a better route of administration and would be more expensive.
For sure man totally agree

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I've definitely had TB-500 on my radar for quite a while now. It's something I think I might be researching in the near future.

Good discussion, guys.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've definitely had TB-500 on my radar for quite a while now. It's something I think I might be researching in the near future.

Good discussion, guys.
I’ve researched it twice before but the source quality was questionable. I didn’t observe much. I have a friend that has researched it with much better success from a very expensive and reputable source.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Good discussion, guys.
Look into bpc-157 also. From what I understand this is a knock out combo for healing injuries.
I’ve researched it twice before but the source quality was questionable. I didn’t observe much. I have a friend that has researched it with much better success from a very expensive and reputable source.
I hear you. Its a beautiful thing to have products made in the USA and third party tested for purity. I don't know of anyone who does this. Price is definitely good as well. I think once people realize the quality and the fact that they are actually getting mg/ml what's on the bottle they will be blown away.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Sourcing, preparation, handling and storage make all the difference with these fragile and unique peptides. Glad to see good sourcing showed some research success.

Look into bpc-157 also. From what I understand this is a knock out combo for healing injuries.
I researched BPC-157 before and it definitely worked as it was claimed to.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i just began a CJC (non dac) with Ipamorelin for better sleep / recovery

how does tb500 stack up to this?
I was a little underwhelmed with the TB-500 benefits but I’m unsure of the quality. It was from a very cheap source that has up and down reviews. The other time was from a UGL and also pretty cheap. I did see some benefits but not nearing the hype of superhuman healing that I’ve seen online at some places. I did become noticeably more flexible and mobile likely from the touted inflammation reduction. I’ve never used CJC or Ipam but have used other GH secretagogues. Acute healing isn’t exactly their MOA. Things like TB-500 and BPC-157 should work much faster for musculoskeletal injuries.