Introducing SUP3R-2 - The Ultimate 2-Androstenone Guide - All you need to know!

Hastur

Awards
Introducing SUP3R-2
The Ultimate 2-Androstenone Guide
All you need to know!

View attachment 136270
View attachment 136269

With the release of SUP3R-2 drawing near, let's talk a bit about it and it's active compound, shall we?

~Introduction to 2-Androstenone:

2-Androstenone or 2-Andro, is sometimes referred to by its synonyms Delta-2, Delta-2-androst-17-one, 17-Oxo-5a-androst-2-ene, (+)-Androst-2-en-17-one or 2-androsten-17-one and occasionally by its nomenclature '5a-Androst-2-ene-17-one'. 2-Andro is a naturally occurring human metabolite of DHEA, as well as a human pheromone due to being an Androsterone metabolite found on the human skin. It is also a naturally occurring pheromone in elephants and boars, and can be found in commonly eaten animal/game meats. [1, 2, 3, 4, 10] Since this compound is already ingested in the human diet, and is a metabolite of a pre-existing supplement, it meets the requirements of DSHEA compliance.

Perhaps most interestingly 2-Andro is also a prohormone. Now, in the supplement industry the words 'prohormone' and 'designer steroid' are frequently used interchangeably, but this practice is incorrect, as these words carry different meanings. And though 2-Andro is indeed a prohormone because it requires conversion to its 'active form', it is not a designer steroid because it is naturally occurring compound and has not been modified in any way.

So what kind of prohormone is 2-Andro? Well, it's a one-step conversion precursor, and like DHEA and 4-Androstenedione it also has a 17-keto function, which is reduced by interaction with the 17b-HSD enzyme in vivo to the active hormone 2-Androstenol (17b-hydroxy-5a-androst-2-ene; 5a-androst-2-en-17b-ol), which is also known as Desoxytestosterone and is sometimes referred to as 'Unmethylated Pheraplex'. This 17b-hydroxylated metabolite is responsible for the anabolic and androgenic effects seen with this compound. Though, even before conversion takes place, 2-Andro is weakly active itself much like other non-17a-alkylated prohormones such as Boldione, 4-AD and 11-OXO.

-One-Step Conversion Prohormone:
2-Androstenone (via the 17b-HSD enzyme) -> 2-Androstenol (Desoxytestosterone; Unmethylated Pheraplex)
Regarding the characteristics of 2-Andro, it does not aromatize (due to the lack of a 3-keto and 4-ene), meaning it won't convert to Estrogen, this makes it a dry compound with a reduced risk of water retention, bloating and gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men). Another important characteristic of 2-Andro is that it's "non-methylated" (not 17a-methylated) unlike other prohormones such as Halodrol, so there is no need for strong liver support like TUDCA while using 2-Andro because it is not hepatotoxic.

On the topic of 2-Andro's target hormone, 2-Androstenol was found to have no activity by oral administration according to the researchers at Searle, [5] possibly because 2-Androstenol is not water soluble and thus cannot be absorbed by the small intestine, unlike 2-Androstenone. [6] This makes the prospect of orally administering 2-Andro to raise in vivo levels of Desoxytestosterone far more logical than orally administering Desoxytestosterone outright.

Another point to address is why 2-Androstenol is commonly referred to as Unmethylated Pheraplex. To convey this simplistically, compare both of the compounds names and you can clearly see Desoxytestosterone is simply Desoxymethyltestosterone without the methyl. In fact, Madol/Pheraplex is a synthetically modified form of 2-Androstenol.

Desoxytestosterone = 2-Androstenol; Unmethylated Pheraplex
Desoxymethyltestosterone = Madol; Pheraplex
Now, despite how similar these two compounds appear, they are different in several important ways. Since 2-Androstenol is non-methylated it is non-orally active, unlike Madol/Pheraplex. (Of course this issue is overcome by using its precursor, 2-Andro) This also means 2-Androstenol is not as strong as Madol/Pheraplex, due to the methyl group increasing anabolic and androgenic activity. However we must keep in mind that due to 2-Androstenol being non-methylated it lacks the notorious hepatotoxicity that was associated with Madol/Pheraplex, making it a far less toxic compound by comparison.

~Effects of 2-Andro:

It is worth highlighting the numerous effects that 2-Andro has, and how it could be a beneficial addition to a cycle:

-Anti-Catabolic (Muscle mass retention in a caloric deficit/while cutting)
-Decreased Body Fat
-Enhanced Muscle Pumps
-Improved Mood
-Increased Size
-Increased Endurance
-Increased Lean Body Mass (Via enhanced protein synthesis)
-Increased Strength
-Increased Recovery Speed
-Muscle Hardening (Increased muscle hardness)

In the past logs of 2-Andro seemed to yield positive results with minimal side effects within the four week time span. However, due its mild nature regarding side effects it can easily be run longer than four weeks, such as six to eight weeks in length. Because it's un-methylated, it stacks quite well with methylated compounds without increasing hepatotoxicity. When compared to other compounds, several anecdotal reports have likened 2-Androstenol/Desoxytestosterone to the testosterone derived anabolic androgenic steroid Boldenone Undecylenate (Equipoise; EQ) in terms of muscle mass building properties, but unlike EQ it does not aromatize. Other common comparisons were to Boldione, but with noticeable effects at a lower dosage than Boldione.

~Side Effects of 2-Andro:

According to anecdotal reports, 2-Andro has minimal side effects, the most common being slight bloating, water retention and fatigue. However, as with all hormonal products it carries the potential of side effects such as acne, acceleration of male pattern baldness (if genetically susceptible), and increased or decreased sex drive, though rarely experienced. Due to the risk of masculinization (virilizing side effects), this compound is unsuitable for women and children.

Though elevated blood pressure is not commonly reported, it is a subject of discussion due to its relation to Madol/Pheraplex. It has been hypothesized that the synthetically modified form of 2-Androstenol, the infamous Pheraplex, is a 11b-hydroxylase inhibitor, which would explain the reported water retention ("bloat") and high blood pressure some users experienced, in spite of the fact that Pheraplex cannot aromatize to estrogen. 11b-hydroxylase inhibition can lead to increased renin secretion, which then results in higher levels of aldosterone (a mineralocorticoid that causes high blood pressure and water retention through sodium retention and the excretion of potassium). [7] One particular study on bodybuilders found far higher levels of aldosterone in the steroid-taking group than in the non-steroid taking group, and these changes remained far beyond the end of their cycles. [8] If this hypothesis is indeed accurate regarding Pheraplex, then it is possible the same may hold true for 2-Androstenone. And though it has yet to be proven, it is a potentially serious side effect worthy of precautionary measures. This is due to aldosterone being implicated as a possible cause of left ventricular hypertrophy, suggesting that its heart remodeling effects may in fact be unrelated to its blood-pressure increasing effects. [9] Thus, as a precaution, it may be wise to reduce sodium intake, increase potassium intake, and utilize supplements specifically for blood pressure control. All-In-One cycle support such as AR1MACARE PRO is highly recommended while using SUP3R-2.

For those who use non-OTC ancillaries, Telmisartan (Micardis) may be of interest. It is an oral medication commonly used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), but it also has the added benefit of decreasing aldosterone. In animal models Telmisartan can act to reverse left ventricle hypertrophy, and though it has yet to be proven if it may reverse anabolic steroid induced left ventricle hypertrophy in humans, it looks as though the potential is there. Hypothetically, 40-80mg Telmisartan may be a very suitable ancillary to pair with high dose 2-Andro usage.

~Dosing, Cycle Length, Stacking and Timing:

2-Andro is best utilized during bulking or recomping phases. When used as a standalone, 500mg daily for 30-60 days is regarded as the optimal dosage and cycle length. Because of its mild nature as a standalone, it is considered to be a fantastic beginner-level compound for those looking to run their first cycle, much like 11-Ketotestosterone.

However it is not uncommon to see experienced lifters with more than 2 cycles under their belt stack it with other compounds. Due to its non-methylated nature, it can stack with virtually any popular designer steroid or prohormone. It's an extremely versatile compound that can fit into essentially any cycle.

~Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT) for 2-Andro:

2-Andro is capable of suppressing the HPTA; therefore it is recommended that at the very least a low-dose SERM be utilized following a 2-Andro cycle. Though some may hypothetically be able to use an OTC product for PCT, this could only be determined if pre-cycle blood work and post-cycle blood work is done. Of course, the degree of PCT required depends upon how 2-Andro is utilized, with a stronger PCT being required if 2-Andro is stacked with other hormonal products while on-cycle. Neither a Test Booster nor SERM will mitigate the suppression of the HPTA when used during your cycle, and are best saved for PCT.

~2-Androstenone Example Cycles & Stacking Guidelines:

Though there are many ways 2-Andro can be utilized, here are just a few examples to better illustrate the versatility of the compound. Note: These are just simple examples, and cycles can be ran longer than 4 weeks, dosed at different times, and stacked with other compounds.

*Beginner - Standalone Cycle: (30 Day Cycle, Over 4 Weeks)
-2-Andro - 500/500/500/500

*Advanced/Experienced - Bulking Cycle: (30 Day Cycle, Over 4 Weeks)
-2-Andro -- 500/500/500/500
-1-Andro -- 330/330/330/330 (1 bottle Olympus UK SUP3R-1 ELITE - 90 Caps)
-Trest ------ 100/100/100/100 (1 bottle Olympus UK TR3ST - 120 Caps)

*Advanced/Experienced - Recomp Cycle: (30 Day Cycle, Over 4 Weeks)
-2-Andro - 500/500/500/500
-1-Andro - 330/330/330/330 (1 bottle Olympus UK SUP3R-1 ELITE - 90 Caps)
-11-KT ---- 250/250/250/250 (1 bottle Olympus UK SUP3R-11)

*Advanced/Experienced - Cutting Cycle: (30 Day Cycle, Over 4 Weeks)
-2-Andro ---- 500/500/500/500
-Epi-Andro - 1000/1000/1000/1000 (1 bottle Olympus UK SUP3R-EPI ELITE - 120 Caps)
-IGNIT3 ------ 5/5/5/5 [Caps per day] (1 bottle Olympus Labs IGNIT3 - 150 Caps)

*Post Cycle Therapy (PCT): (30 Days, Over 4 Weeks)
-Olympus Labs SUP3R PCT (As indicated on label)
-SERM of choice on hand (E.g. Clomid, Nolvadex, Toremifene) (Dosage depends on chosen SERM)
-Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) of choice on hand (E.g. Exemestane, Anastrozole) (Dosage depends on chosen AI)

~References:
[1] Callies F, Arlt W, Siekmann L, Hübler D, Bidlingmaier F, Allolio B. Influence of oral dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on urinary steroid metabolites in males and females. Steroids. 2000 Feb;65(2):98-102. (PMID: 10639021)
[2] Gower DB, Mallet AI, Watkins WJ, Wallace LM. Transformations of steroid sulphates by human axillary bacteria. A mechanism for human odour formation? Biochem Soc Trans. 1997 Feb;25(1):16S. (PMID: 9056914)
[3] Marchlewska-Koj, A.; Lepri, J. J. (2001). "Chemical signals in vertebrates 9". Springer 9: 131. ISBN 978-0-306-46682-3.
[4] R. L. S. Patterson. 5a-androst-16-ene-3-one:—Compound responsible for taint in boar fat. May 2006
[5] J. Med. Chem., 1966, 9 (5), pp 693-697
[6] New prohormone: Delta-2 (http://www.ergo-log.com/delta2.html)
[7] Cardiovascular Toxicity of Anabolic Steroids, Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology Vol. 33: 497-520
[8] Aldosterone Concentrations in the Blood Plasma and in the Urine Samples as the Biological Marker of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) Abuse, Recent advances in doping analysis (12). Sport und Buch Straub, Koln (2004) 395-401
[9] New perspectives on the role of aldosterone excess in cardiovascular disease. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2001 Oct;28(10):783-91.
[10] Demonstration of 2-unsaturated C19-steroids in the urine of female Asian elephants, Elephas maximus, and their dependence on ovarian activity [Reproduction. 2001 Mar; 121(3): 475-84.]

*This write-up was fueled by Olympus Labs Elix1r

I hope this has illustrated just why SUP3R-2 is such an exciting product and yet another fantastic addition to the Olympus UK line! Stayed tuned for more information on SUP3R-2!

I'd like to give a shout-out to my fellow Olympus UK brothers: Jebrook, NewAgeMayan, edje007 and Lucianooo!

And to my other brothers over at Olympus Labs: GNO, NoAddedHmones, kboxer7 and xtyler!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for some UK Gainz

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've started searching and found some interesting tidbits on this so far.

Noooooooo!!!

You shut yer funny face Woody! :nutkick:
Hey, pal. I'm sick. It's not nice to pick on the sickly. Jerk.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
O lawd

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What kind of interesting tidbits, bro?
"... PA claims that 300mgs of Delta-2 will be equivelent to about 25-50mg of 17-methyl-5a-androst-17b-ol AKA Protomax/Protodrol. Considering the max dose of Protomax is about 75mg for 4 weeks as per manufacturer's recommendation, the max dose of Delta-2 is 400mg for up to 8 weeks as per manufacturer's recommendation, will definitely yield some damn good results. Current logs seemed to yield some pretty good results with minimal sides within the four week time span."

Hastur

Awards
"... PA claims that 300mgs of Delta-2 will be equivelent to about 25-50mg of 17-methyl-5a-androst-17b-ol AKA Protomax/Protodrol. Considering the max dose of Protomax is about 75mg for 4 weeks as per manufacturer's recommendation, the max dose of Delta-2 is 400mg for up to 8 weeks as per manufacturer's recommendation, will definitely yield some damn good results. Current logs seemed to yield some pretty good results with minimal sides within the four week time span."
Oh yeah, I came across that. I didn't add it because I cannot prove that 300mg 2-Andro = 25-50mg Protodrol, on top of the fact few people recall/are aware of Protodrol. That being said, the write-up contains as much information as I could possible find and verify. As it should, since I began writing it last fall, haha.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
So it sounds to me like I'll be running 500mg of this stuff.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, I came across that. I didn't add it because I cannot prove that 300mg 2-Andro = 25-50mg Protodrol, on top of the fact few people recall/are aware of Protodrol. That being said, the write-up contains as much information as I could possible find and verify. As it should, since I began writing it last fall, haha.
LAST FALL?! What else are you holding out on us!!!!!

Hastur

Awards
So it sounds to me like I'll be running 500mg of this stuff.
I have to be be honest, I'd be a bit sad if you didn't go that hard, BamBam! :p

Oh yeah, you'd be surprised if you knew the time and effort put into our products, not just the write ups. Providing the highest doses on the market along with making sure they are the highest purity via 3rd party testing, there's a lot involved. Man, if you only knew what the future held. It honestly just gets better and better as we expand our product line.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yeah, you'd be surprised if you knew the time and effort put into our products, not just the write ups. Providing the highest doses on the market along with making sure they are the highest purity via 3rd party testing, there's a lot involved. Man, if you only knew what the future held. It honestly just gets better and better as we expand our product line.
Gainz on top of Gainz!
OL US + OL UK = Global Domination!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to be be honest, I'd be a bit sad if you didn't go that hard, BamBam! :p

I would know what the future held if you told me

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Hastur

Awards
Surprises are awesome when you know about them in advance
Well, you KNOW there will be surprise in the future, so that's in advance. ;) Wish I could tell you more, but hey, SUP3R-11 just hit the market, it's doing extremely well, now SUP3R-2 is on the horizon... And trust me, you'll like the bulking effect of SUP3R-2. We needed another good bulker in our product line!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Hell, with all these great things coming out, I'm going to be running various orals throughout the entire duration of my next cycle.

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not a single day without some jaw-dropping news!

Attaboy!!!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Looks like all the cool kids beat me in here....

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stoked for this one

WAF

WAF

Awards
Giggity giggity, only problem I see is there's no Demi God stack mentioned ;). You guys are killing it this year

Hastur

Awards
Giggity giggity, only problem I see is there's no Demi God stack mentioned ;). You guys are killing it this year
Give me time! I'll make one, and then run it. ;) Hahaha

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, we have more SUP3R surprises in store for you guys. I hear there just may be another test base in the works... ;)
Oh, so you'll tell him the surprises. That's cool. I'm cool.

Hastur

Awards
Oh, so you'll tell him the surprises. That's cool. I'm cool.
I was dropping that hint with you in mind, bro. ;) There's more secrets to come.

Don't worry bro ill pass the secrets on lol

Are you saying I'll be "rubbing" it on or just cuz it's a pheromone lol
Haha, actually it's pheromone qualities may in fact have something to them.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
I was interested until someone said bulker I'm too fat to bulk.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
read the write-up in first post... could use it as part of a cutting stack, lean gains ;)

Hastur

Awards
Cut with SUP3R-11, then bulk with SUP3R-2! ;) Or stack the two, and keep it a lean bulk by pairing the SUP3R-11 with SUP3R-2.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Stop it you 2 I don't need to be buying more sh1t lol