High BP from King's Blood?

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Hey gang,
Trying to narrow down why my BP has shot up in the last few weeks. One thing I added in was King's Blood( 5 caps X 5 days a week), in addition to Clompiphene citrate 50mg X 3/week, additional Tongat Ali, Maca & Horny Goat weed.

Any insight would be appreciated.

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Truth be told not only no ingredient in KB increases blood pressure, but HGW may actually lower it. Were you running AAS/PHs before starting the current regimen?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok obviously it’s the clomid. Out of all those things it would be the clomid. It’s a drug

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Truth be told not only no ingredient in KB increases blood pressure, but HGW may actually lower it. Were you running AAS/PHs before starting the current regimen?
Nope, just taking the clomid and KB. It's not constantly high, just random spikes.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you google clomid high blood pressure it is indeed a side effect that has been reported. Clomid has a laundry list of side effects

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
I would consider the Clomid also. While Clomid is very well tolerated in the vast majority of people, at least at low doses--and 50mg. 3x week is a low weekly dose--the 50mg. dose MAY, in your case, be enough in a single dose to induce blood pressure spikes. I believe it is the cause of blood pressure spikes in myself when I use it at 50mg./day and above. If you were to look on online forums of Clomid users, you would be able to fairly easily finds threads related to this very question--can Clomid cause an increase or spikes in blood pressure.

You might want to consider switching to 25mg./day dosing. It's just a slight increase in the total weekly dose, and has been found to be safe, efficacious, and well tolerated in clinical trails.

Crowbar

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to be clear: it's an actual, verified BP increase, not just some hot flashes? The letter may definitely be the clomid.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Just to be clear: it's an actual, verified BP increase, not just some hot flashes? The letter may definitely be the clomid.
Correct, readings as high as 161/94. Got Blood work done. T3 was a bit high as well as estradiol. Stopped taking the KB and other supplements. Kept with the Clomiphene and seeing better numbers. Back under 130/90. Thanks for all the input guys.