What do you get at Starbucks?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Come on, I know we all go to Starbucks... just admit it. So when you do, what do you get?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never ordered anything from Starbucks. I think I have only been there once or twice.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll admit it, I've been known to stop in there. I mean there's only like 18 of them on campus. I just get a venti black coffee though. Nothing fancy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caramel Macchiato. :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I indulge in Starbucks I get a Caramel light Frappachino with 2 extra shots if its cold

Or a Caramel Machhiato with an extra shot or a caramel white mocha with an extra shot...yummm Those are when its cold out.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Venti Iced Americano - Light water or no water replace with iced coffee for filler.

I try to avoid Sbuks and go to mom and pop coffee shops or the Coffee Bean/Tea Leaf.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i never ever wanted to have anything to do with starbucks till my gf gave me one of their white chocolate mocha's with cream!!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
When I indulge in Starbucks I get a Caramel light Frappachino with 2 extra shots if its cold

Or a Caramel Machhiato with an extra shot or a caramel white mocha with an extra shot...yummm Those are when its cold out.
This sounds quite tasty! Gonna def try these!(While studying for exams)!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i never ever wanted to have anything to do with starbucks till my gf gave me one of their white chocolate mocha's with cream!!
That's what Christine got today...it was a tad too sweet for me, but a good overall flavor.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It was super good, I got it as is but if you added another shot to it it would taste less sweet. I wanted to try the drink plain first to assess if it could carry an extra shot with out becoming super bitter....it can!

Fujitsu

Fujitsu

Awards
Its all seasonal!
Fall = pumpkin spice latte
Winter = peppermint mocha
Spring = white chocolate cinnamon latte
Summer = caramel frap!

Whole milk, loaded with whip cream. I'd rather not bother if im gonna do the skinny, sugar free business.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
It was super good, I got it as is but if you added another shot to it it would taste less sweet. I wanted to try the drink plain first to assess if it could carry an extra shot with out becoming super bitter....it can!
hey the recommendations are always better when they come from a hottie!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
hahhahaha i figured i just had to throw that out

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
When my buddy told me starbucks refused to send any products to iraq when the soldiers asked if they could i decided i wasnt going to support a company that refused to support our soldiers

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When my buddy told me starbucks refused to send any products to iraq when the soldiers asked if they could i decided i wasnt going to support a company that refused to support our soldiers
Huh? You mean shipping coffee there? Or free?

You can't necessarily blame a company for not sending free stuff, and you have no idea if they are not supporting them in other ways.

I know when I was in Saudi, we ordered a bunch of Starbucks beans...and they were very helpful and fast in their shipping.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I drink Tim Horton's up here in Canada where the coffee is actually reasonably priced. :lol:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink Tim Horton's up here in Canada where the coffee is actually reasonably priced. :lol:
Too tempted to get a maple boston creme donut.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
It may have been seasonal...but the last time I went I had a Blueberry White Tea latte, it was amazing.

...and a slice of Pumpkin bread.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Huh? You mean shipping coffee there? Or free?

You can't necessarily blame a company for not sending free stuff, and you have no idea if they are not supporting them in other ways.

I know when I was in Saudi, we ordered a bunch of Starbucks beans...and they were very helpful and fast in their shipping.
My friends said that starbucks made it very clear that they did not support the war or military in any way shape or form. I dont think they were looking to just get free stuff though im sure they were hoping for it ( lol dont we all). To my understanding they survived (not literally) off of redbull, ephedrine, and starbuck( double shots i think was what was popular). I think they were just looking for cheaper avenues for caffeine. I think Target had a similar stance as well but im sure there are many companies with that stance.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Caramel Machiatto with maybe an extra shot or two.. Soo tasty!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
coffee light frap
green tea frap
iced black tea
carmel machiato
venti coffee with two shots

I get the iced or frozen drinks in the summer and the hot drinks in the winter. If I get iced tea or coffee its because I'm deiting.lol

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
yea for instance i've got their mocha once a few years back haven't been there since, due to all the cals, but now that exams will be coming around i may have to treat myself near crunch time

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My friends said that starbucks made it very clear that they did not support the war or military in any way shape or form. I dont think they were looking to just get free stuff though im sure they were hoping for it ( lol dont we all). To my understanding they survived (not literally) off of redbull, ephedrine, and starbuck( double shots i think was what was popular). I think they were just looking for cheaper avenues for caffeine. I think Target had a similar stance as well but im sure there are many companies with that stance.
Weird...we have been working with Target to bring the JavaLique' line (Java Lather Bath and Body Products) there...and they make it VERY clear that they support all veterans and make special efforts to support companies owned by us.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I had an inkling that I'd get MANY responses to this thread - I personally don't give a d@mn that SBUX is so expensive, it's the best tasting coffee out there IMO. Gotta have my Iced Cafe Americano - its like a shot of energy with taste!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I had an inkling that I'd get MANY responses to this thread - I personally don't give a d@mn that SBUX is so expensive, it's the best tasting coffee out there IMO. Gotta have my Iced Cafe Americano - its like a shot of energy with taste!
Yea man this thread was on fire!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is an iced Cafe Americano? I don't think our SB's has it?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
What is an iced Cafe Americano? I don't think our SB's has it?
Its pretty much Espresso poured over ice with some water added on top. Its very very "coffee tasting" and some people add milk/sweeteners but I like that bitterness. It'll wake you up though!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Americano or regular drip. I take it like I take my men ... hot and black. 99.9% of the time I just brew my own.

Oh, and their coffee cake is defrickenliscious. :)

Lol at the Dennis Leary quip.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
How much does a drink set you back at Starbucks in USA or Canada? I always thought they were way to expensive when i start paying more for a hot chocolate then a pint of beer. I occassionally get a Banana java chip or caramel hot chocolate which is roughly £3.50......so about $7 US.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strawberry cream with chocolate chips chopped/blended in, with whipped cream.

Im not a big coffee person so i dont venture past the above mention or maybe a carmel frap.

I like their sandwiches and salads they have even tho they are expensive. Chinese chicken salad and also the Turkey pesto sandwich come to mind.

Not really a starbucks person tho.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I always laugh when people complain about Starbucks prices then some other place (here its Tim Horton's). They say how the price for a coffee is so much expensive. Then I end up going with them to a Starbucks and they order the most lavish drinks that are more dessert then coffee. I usually point this out. You order plain coffee with cream and sugar at your regular place and here you order a dessert drink, no wonder you think its expensive.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I always laugh when people complain about Starbucks prices then some other place (here its Tim Horton's). They say how the price for a coffee is so much expensive. Then I end up going with them to a Starbucks and they order the most lavish drinks that are more dessert then coffee. I usually point this out. You order plain coffee with cream and sugar at your regular place and here you order a dessert drink, no wonder you think its expensive.
I don't drink coffee fullstop. And i hardly think a hot chocolate is lavish.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I don't drink coffee fullstop. And i hardly think a hot chocolate is lavish.
Hah sorry didn't mean you, hit quote out of bad habit. Removed quote. I'm talking about a lot of people I know...

Edit: Fullstop?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Hah sorry didn't mean you, hit quote out of bad habit. Removed quote. I'm talking about a lot of people I know...

Edit: Fullstop?
No worries mate. But if you've ever seen the Doco on Starbucks you'l know that the price they pay for their coffee is insanely low like a few cents a kilo and the farmers in Senegal or whereever it is earn about $1/day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Solution General Chat 0
The Solution General Chat 31
General Chat 5
Nutrition / Health 1