soy pasta

urocyon

Awards
Hello folks.

I tried a search on this topic first, but after a while decided to post. I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death.

I have heard contrary opinions and "facts" on soy protein, protein digestion, and I am interested specifically in soy pasta. Here is the nutritional info on a specific brand:

Darielle:

* Effective carb count: 10 grams per serving
* 28g of protein per serving
* 80% more protein than regular pasta
* 70% more fiber than regular pasta
* 70% more iron than regular pasta
* 20% lower calories than regular pasta

NUTRITIONAL FACTS:
Servings per package— 6 • Serving Size—3/4 cups dry (56g)

* Calories 160
* Calories from Fat 10
* Total Fat 1 g
* Saturated Fat 0g
* Cholesterol 0mg
* Sodium 40mg
* Total Carbohydrates 18g*
* Dietary Fiber 8g*
* Sugars 3g
* Protein 28g

INGREDIENTS:
Defatted soy flour, pasteurized egg white, rice flour, wheat gluten, isolated soy proteins.

*Total carbs = 18g minus 8g of fiber, equalling Net Impact Carbs of 10g. per serving.

I really want to build, and if I can add this to chicken breast or tuna, it would really help boost my protein intake. But I want it to be effective.

Thank you.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Ive tried that stuff before, and to be honest it tastes like pure sh1t! Its like cardboard. Your better off going with a whole wheat pasta, and try adding protein in other ways.

urocyon

Awards
I know what you mean. I've actually found ways to season it quite well.

I'm more concerned with it's effectiveness in providing digestible proteins.

The reason I ask is because of something I've read:

...the soybean contains large quantities of natural toxins or "antinutrients". First among them are potent enzyme inhibitors that block the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion.
From here.

I do not know if this is true or not. I do not want to waste time eating something that won't provide the protein I'm looking for.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Well, even a broken clock is correct twice a day. There are a number of reasons not to consume soy, but this guy you're quoting is a kook. He doesn't believe in vaccines either. :rolleyes: I wouldn't worry about "antinutrients."

Jason_L

Awards
Well, even a broken clock is correct twice a day. There are a number of reasons not to consume soy, but this guy you're quoting is a kook. He doesn't believe in vaccines either. :rolleyes: I wouldn't worry about "antinutrients."
My ex-GF worships that guy! I've found a few interesting things on his site before, but everytime I read something that seems to make sense, I can't help but think "this guys off the deep end, believe nothing". Still, I'd hate to through the good out with the bad, but it's often a tough judgement call :(

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
My ex-GF worships that guy! I've found a few interesting things on his site before, but everytime I read something that seems to make sense, I can't help but think "this guys off the deep end, believe nothing". Still, I'd hate to through the good out with the bad, but it's often a tough judgement call :(
That's why I prefaced my comment by saying "even a broken clock is correct twice a day." This guy is an idiot, but it doesn't mean that everything he says is wrong.