Am I Normal?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I see a lot of people on here instructing everyone to eat. If you wanna get big, you HAVE to eat! Well.. Do I have some wicked advantage since I can't STOP eating?! All I ever think about is eating.. When I wake up in the morning, I can't wait to eat. After I'm done eating breakfast, I'm thinking about what I'll eat for lunch. When I'm training, I'm thinking about eating. After I'm done with lunch, I'm thinking about dinner. While I'm eating dinner, I'm thinking about eating other foods. Sometimes I find myself on the bowl, hung over with a stomach ache... Eating! (Yes, while on the bowl).

I can't stop eating! But I don't mind...

Before I got old, I use to eat very irresponsibly.. I've changed in order to survive.. But a normal day's eating might look like this...

On the way to work, I'd stop at McDonalds.. I'd order two bacon egg and cheese biscuits, two sausage egg and cheese biscuits, a large coffee, light and sweet...

Then, almost at work, I'd stop at Burger King and order french toast sticks, a bacon egg and cheese croissant and a sausage, egg and cheese croissant... And an orange juice...

If I didn't make both of those stops, I'd get pop tarts, a big corn muffin and an ice cream sandwich at my job's cafeteria...

Shortly after this was lunch.. I'd either get a big ham sandwich and a big turkey sandwich (or two chicken cutlet sandwiches) and a pound of potato salad with a few drinks.

I'd snack on little things in between and then... Dinner.. Dinner might be at a diner where I'd order 5 fried eggs, over easy and 6 orders of toast with lots of well done bacon (after I'd finish dipping the toast in eggs, I'd make bacon and egg sandwiches with the rest). Before the waiter could move onto the next person, I'd order the second half of my dinner.. A huge tuna melt with extra tuna and extra cheese on white toast with a side order of potato salad (extra large)...

Not too long afterwards, I'd be home watching movies and I'd have a bunch of snacks like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Twix Bars, Snickers... All Mega Sized - with at least 2 bags of Blast 'O Butter popcorn...

That would pretty much finish off my eating for the day.. Now during this time, I was also very involved with (daily) mixed martial arts (including muay thai), boxing and tennis. So I never got fat from all of this...

To me, this is a normal amount of eating. Although I've replaced much of the bad stuff above with high protein, low fat meals, I still love to eat. I can't stop eating.. Sometimes I wish I could bring a sandwich to the gym with me. I'm eating right now. Am I normal?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, if you ate all **** and never got fat I would say no, you have above normal genetics that allowed you to injest garbage and stay fit...lol

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
True. When we say eat, eat right is what's meant. Eat healthy, and a whole lot of healthy. I'd love to be able to down a hungry man hero a day and stay fit, but bottom line is if I don't eat healthy I won't be healthy.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you ate all **** and never got fat I would say no, you have above normal genetics that allowed you to injest garbage and stay fit...lol
Well, I would have gotten fat if it weren't for all the activity I did.. The mixed martial arts classes were like boot camp. And then I played very aggresive tennis.. Of course, boxing is constant punching and jumping rope amonst other things..

Nowadays, I don't eat the crap but I still eat the same amount of food.. I don't have to try.. It just comes natural. I can't stand not chewing...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
True. When we say eat, eat right is what's meant. Eat healthy, and a whole lot of healthy. I'd love to be able to down a hungry man hero a day and stay fit, but bottom line is if I don't eat healthy I won't be healthy.
I miss youth... I'm just about ready for the 35 and over forum...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I miss youth... I'm just about ready for the 35 and over forum...
Me too. I wasn't supposed to get old. Everyone else was, but not me. Now these young pricks are running around eating Doritos and drinking beer and gaining muscle mass, and I can't eat one big dinner with friends without passing out for two days and waking up ten pounds heavier, and the wrong kind of heavier at that.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
CDB from the looks of it, you're even older than I. :D

HellTownPlaya

Awards
how th f*** can u eat all that garbage.... fast food every day? holy s**t.... man u go get a foreman grill and cook a lb of chicken and a lb of beef and bring it with you every day.....that crap ur eating is gonna kill u....im 18 and it makes me sick thinking of ur daily food consumption

lobbylobsterman

Awards
Sounds like you may have OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's a part of your brain that gets stuck and can't change gears. Can be resolved with proper diet and supplements. One of my buds has an extreame case which required perscription med's to get the brain chemisrty balanced out. Use that as a last resort only; the sides effects are not good.

Check out www brainplace .com

It's more for people with ADD but they have some online tests that might get you on the right diet and supp's for your brain chemistry. Just eating all that junk will mess up your brain chemistry really bad. Mc D's can make you Mc Schizo if you have the wrong genetics.

Change your brain chemistry, change your life. I used to eat 1kg of beef a day and pack in 72oz's of prime rob a few times a month and I was always around 9 to 12% BF until I was 32 years old. Turns out my brain chemistry was way off and had been living on the adreneline/dopamine stress cycle for the last 10 years... I'm 34 now and just starting to really "live" for the first time in my life... don't have the food obsession's that I used to, don't feel the need to always be someplace else or constantly moving/doing sports.
Reality is that most hardcore natural bodybuilders have some form of OCD, that's why they look the way they do. There is a fine line between passion and obsession and to be the best you must be obsessed. Having a balanced mind and body is the more important than washboard ab's. I get way more girls at 18%BF than I did when I was 9% and looking like a fitness model for Men's Health. Why, "inner game", it's all "inner game"; women can sence in 1 to 3 seconds if you self confident, comfortable with yourself and that your strong on the inside. Not to sound like some F***en new age tree huggen guru but having inner peace is the most important thing. Once you have that then everything comes easy.

but that's just my 2 cents...
also check out www fastseduction .com for more work on inner game stuff. There all PUA's (pick up artists) but they know there internal state stuff better than anyone else.

Lobsterman

cromwell

Awards
Me too. I wasn't supposed to get old. Everyone else was, but not me. Now these young pricks are running around eating Doritos and drinking beer and gaining muscle mass, and I can't eat one big dinner with friends without passing out for two days and waking up ten pounds heavier, and the wrong kind of heavier at that.
"Welcome to my world, won't you come on in.." I just turned 40-no one thinks I "look" 40 , but a one year layoff and poor diet habits....I was kind fo in the eat anything boat for a while and still have abs....no I am much cleaner, but it's gotten ****ing harder. :burger: Off the topic but has anyone tried biotests Hot Rox?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Guys, this was all past tense.. If you read closely, you'll see that this is how I used to eat...

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Zero, its good to see that you changed your eating habits, because you may have not gotten fat, you could have still done alot of things detramental to your health. All that fast food is horrible for your body, but its awesome to see that you've changed! Conrats on that!! :)

Also, dont feel bad about eating. Im the same way. I basically have to eat every hour to 2 hours, otherwise my stomach hurts like hell. As long as Im eating healthy and busting my ass in the gym, I dont have to worry about getting fat. If you are worried about gaining weight, when you do get the hunger pains, just try eating enough for them to go away instead of injesting a huge meal. And as long as its healthy, you should be good to go! (just make sure to pay closer attention to your overall caloric intake ;) )

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.. I don't eat fast food at all anymore.. I left those days behind.. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't regret not eating it anymore.. There's so much bad stuff in that food.. I've gone the "Organic" route these days, eating only whole foods (or at least mostly) - meaning no preservatives like MSG, no high fructose corn syrup, etcetera...

Ynn3kc1

Ynn3kc1

Awards
  • Established
I believe a lot of our eating habits stem from how much focus was put on food consumption as we grew up. Eating was always a big part of our family celebrations.
I know genetics plays a huge role in how our body responds to our eating habits.
I would consider myself having been an endo for most of my life. I was very obese until about junior year in high school. And finally getting lean and strong for college and grad school. However as a child, my diet, other than my moms cooking, included a lot of garbage and snacking.
Even in middle school, even though I was skating, or biking, and always outside, I still was obese.
It was always a struggle for me and I just never understood how my friends seemed to have no problem staying in shape as when we did eat together, it seemed they ate as much, if not more than me.
I can only guess it has to do with their genetics, and possibly their diet growing up. Especially since we seemed to be equally active.
After getting in the best shape of my life around 28y/o, after a few rough years I found myself at 315lbs, eating like crap, and eventually decided I couldn't take it anymore.
I totally rehauled my diet and have been steadily exercising at least four days a week for the past two years cardio and strength training.
While I'm down 70lbs and 12 inches in the waist, I just feel like I should be in such better shape.
Also, being 34 doesn't make it easy.
It's just frustrating to me to see people I know don't even have to really try and stay in great shape.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This thread is from 2006...... what are you doing bumping a 13 year old thread?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ha weird. didn't notice. not sure how I came across it. oh well
One hell of a bump bro.

I’m hating on the OP though, that’s how I used to eat but I was ducking massive (fat massive, not Swimfan massive) lol