Cottage Cheese???

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
What the hell do you guys add to make it taste better or am I just a puss? (House - dont answer that)

My 2nd snack is cottage cheese and usually almonds and peanuts, but I think I want to switch my "nuts" intake to pre bed. How about granola? No sugar low fat? Moving from a fat/pro meal to a carb/protein meal. What would you reccomend, or is a little bit of each with maybe some splenda a good meal?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I add in a little bit of nonfat yogurt. Yogurt has a low GI and tastes great. I won't drop the yogurt for nothing!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
What would u do?

2nd meal and train in the pm...

granola/cottge cheese OR
almonds,peanuts/cottage cheese
or a little of each?

raider1

raider1

Awards
I like Cottage Cheese with some chives and lowfat Triscuits..

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Natural PB and a scoop of whey makes it actually really eally good!!

ebpd201

Awards
Before Bed...Mix of MPI and Whey, Skim Milk (to mix), Natty PB and Walden Farms calorie-free chocolate sauce, topped w/ almonds.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For something sweet I add splenda and cinnamon.
For something savory I add some tuna, it takes the edge off.
I can't stand cottage cheese on its own, yuck.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
For something sweet I add splenda and cinnamon.
For something savory I add some tuna, it takes the edge off.
I can't stand cottage cheese on its own, yuck.
Second the cinnamon. Works well. Also some fruit gets it going good. A sliced apple or orange, or use wedges to dip. I actually like the taste of cottage cheese though, so I'm lucky. I just throw it in my morning shake and blend away.

The Godfather

Awards
I gotta say I really like the low-fat (skim milk) cottage cheese that I have and I put it on some low-gi sort of high-fibre biscuits and eat it and its great.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't eat cottage cheese with anything else, I can stand to eat it plain, and I find that if I mix it with something, fruit or whatever, I always think it's disgusting. It's always served me best just spooning it in by itself...

Too Small

Awards
I like plain CC. I will add either Pinapples or Peaches from time to time.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
As Lake said, yogurt is the way to go. I usually mix it with low carb yogurt, and I add 1/4 cup sliced almonds. This is damn good. If you buy whipped CC, the texture is much better. I buy "Friendship" whipped CC, 16g protein and 1g fat per serving (5g carbs, I think).

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Mandarin oranges are the best, some of these other ideas I never thought of, they sounds good...

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
granola or almonds are my top two choices....I get dry curd....friggn awesome. An entire tub is 320 cals, 2 g of fat, 4 carbs, and a whopping 160g of protein. I take half, sprinkle some cinnamon, splenda and a little sf syrup. Then I mix it up and freeze for an hour....add in my topping of choice and BANG....desert!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
granola or almonds are my top two choices....I get dry curd....friggn awesome. An entire tub is 320 cals, 2 g of fat, 4 carbs, and a whopping 160g of protein. I take half, sprinkle some cinnamon, splenda and a little sf syrup. Then I mix it up and freeze for an hour....add in my topping of choice and BANG....desert!
That sounds good, but your calc is off. That should have 640 cals from protein alone.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I mix my cottage cheese with homemade sugar free strawberry jam... Can't be beat!

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
I bought this hood flavored cottage cheese with chives and man that **** saved my life. It was getting to the point where I hated cottage cheese with a passion, now I thoroughly enjoy it once again. So I guess if you can't get it, throw some chives in your regular cottage cheese!!

Beatmaster

Awards
this is what i do....

i don't even shew it (by itself) , take a breath and down it goes, i swear, this is exactly what i do.

but with fruits, no problemo, taste great!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who adds season salt? I know its a lot of sodium but a little mixed in goes a long way. Sometimes I add heaps of it on top of a few whole grain club crackers, or rye crackers for some fiber.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
paprika (sp?) gives it a nice flavor. I like it plain my self, but you could try that for a different spice, and mild, taste.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
First of all my cottage cheese has to be 2 percent or I hate it AND it has to be really cold or I get freaked out by it :run:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I add no-sugar-added jam like Fifty brand jam to it. 1Tbs. per cup is about right. Yum!

BIGnaturalBROCK

Awards
What the hell do you guys add to make it taste better or am I just a puss? (House - dont answer that)

My 2nd snack is cottage cheese and usually almonds and peanuts, but I think I want to switch my "nuts" intake to pre bed. How about granola? No sugar low fat? Moving from a fat/pro meal to a carb/protein meal. What would you reccomend, or is a little bit of each with maybe some splenda a good meal?
less than 1/3 a table spoon of olive oil to 125 g cottage cheese will make you think you are eating a cheat meal....

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop of muscle milk, plain whey with CC has got to be the worst. Chocolat MM and CC is like Chocolate pudding. Grow and CC is the absolute best though.

Bull Mkt

Awards
Here's what I do...I add 1 tablespoon of Sugar-free strawberry jam and mix it up thoroughly. Also, I compromise by eating the lowfat cottage cheese instead of the fat-free stuff...the extra taste is well worth the extra fat (it's not much fat anyways).

Cableguyy67

Awards
I've been eating cottage cheese for a year or so now before going to bed and it's the perfect choice. I tried the natty pb, whey, and water mix with it, and it's pretty good. ONly two drawbacks I've experienced is that my batch of CC was funny tasting to begin with, and I dont' have a blender so it was still chunky. After I got past that it wasn't bad. Go CC.