Lean Bulk Diet Plan

DK912

Awards
Hello AM, I'm the type who prefers to setup a diet plan and pretty much adhere to it 100%, takes the guess work out for me and allows me to be consistent with imo the most important aspect of bodybuilding. I'm currently finishing up my reverse diet, another week or so and I'll be eating maintenance calories. My TDEE is roughly 2800, I've verified this through an excel spreadsheet over the last month so it should be pretty dead on. I plan to eat at a 500cal surplus putting me at 3300. Below is my diet plan so far, any tips on the best way to achieve the remaining cals? Plan on adding in another meal between breakfast and PreWO meal, just not sure where to go with it.

Yes I know the diet doesn't consist of a big variety, I don't really care for fish and red meat doesn't seem to digest well with me or I'd include steak to bump the cals up some. I do take 4g of fish oil daily to help with the lack of Omega 3s, any help/suggestions would be awesome!

Breakfast: 1C oats, 2tbsp PB, 4 whole eggs, 5 egg whites (42F/66P/60C)

PreWO: 6oz chicken breast, 1C broccoli, 1/2c rice (1.5F/44P/76C)

Intra/Post Shake: carb supp, 2 scoops protein (2F/50P/31C)

PostWO: 6oz chicken breast, 2c broccoli, 3/4c rice (1.5F/48P/116C)

Bedtime: 1C greek yogurt, 2tbsp PB, 1C frozen blueberries (16F/30P/32C)

Total Macros/Cals currently: (67F/239P/315C/24Fiber) 2,819cals

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are these 1-2 cups and 3-4cups of rice?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
half cup pre, three quarters cup post. pre-cooked measurements of course
Ah, ok. I couldn’t understand how you got those totals, but pre cooked measurements explains it.

Looks pretty solid overall. Be careful with all that broccoli. Could have you really farting the place up. Might mix in some spinach, asparagus or green beans.

DK912

Awards
Ah, ok. I couldn’t understand how you got those totals, but pre cooked measurements explains it.

Looks pretty solid overall. Be careful with all that broccoli. Could have you really farting the place up. Might mix in some spinach, asparagus or green beans.
it'd be easier to measure cooked but I've always just divided the total cooked amount by however many dry servings there were. As far as the broccoli my body handles it really well surprisingly, when I first cleaned up my diet the farts were brutal to say the least lol.

I occasionally buy spinach and add it in with my eggs, the broccoli is really only in my diet for micros/fiber, I'd love to just have the rice and chicken but health wise I feel like the veg needs to be in there somewhere

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Veggies are definitely a good thing to have. I use athletic greens cause I’m terrible about eating veggies, mainly cause I hate cooking them. And they only taste good with butter or olive oil all over them, but that screws up my macros.

DK912

Awards
Veggies are definitely a good thing to have. I use athletic greens cause I’m terrible about eating veggies, mainly cause I hate cooking them. And they only taste good with butter or olive oil all over them, but that screws up my macros.
I’ve looked into a few of the greens products, do you fully rely on the supplement or still try to add veg when you can?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve looked into a few of the greens products, do you fully rely on the supplement or still try to add veg when you can?
I definitely eat some veggies. A salad a couple times a week helps keep me regular. From a micronutrient standpoint, I rely on the athletic greens. Not optimal but it keeps it simple. And it’s by far the most complete greens supp I’ve ever seen. For the price, it should be.

DK912

Awards
I definitely eat some veggies. A salad a couple times a week helps keep me regular. From a micronutrient standpoint, I rely on the athletic greens. Not optimal but it keeps it simple. And it’s by far the most complete greens supp I’ve ever seen. For the price, it should be.
I’ll look into that one a little later, I’ve seen a lot of people hype up the 1st phorm greens supp but I haven’t really sat down and compared the popular ones yet

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ll look into that one a little later, I’ve seen a lot of people hype up the 1st phorm greens supp but I haven’t really sat down and compared the popular ones yet
Prepare yourself for sticker shock on the athletic greens. Take a piss first and make sure you’re sitting down when you look it up. Took me a long time to come around to the price.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looks good to me as well. Nicely laid out.

Personally I’d want some oily fish for variety and health but fair enough if you can handle the same all the time.

DK912

Awards
Looks good to me as well. Nicely laid out.

Personally I’d want some oily fish for variety and health but fair enough if you can handle the same all the time.
I’ve tried a few different kinds and made fish different ways, but I’ve never really liked the taste dating back to childhood. I can do tilapia but some of the stuff I’ve read makes me just stick to chicken lol

DK912

Awards
Prepare yourself for sticker shock on the athletic greens. Take a piss first and make sure you’re sitting down when you look it up. Took me a long time to come around to the price.
Man you weren’t lying about the sticker shock, good thing about it is from the nutritional panel you’re basically getting a high end multivitamin as well

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Man you weren’t lying about the sticker shock, good thing about it is from the nutritional panel you’re basically getting a high end multivitamin as well
Its an extremely well formulated product.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it'd be easier to measure cooked but I've always just divided the total cooked amount by however many dry servings there were. As far as the broccoli my body handles it really well surprisingly, when I first cleaned up my diet the farts were brutal to say the least lol.

I occasionally buy spinach and add it in with my eggs, the broccoli is really only in my diet for micros/fiber, I'd love to just have the rice and chicken but health wise I feel like the veg needs to be in there somewhere
Get some asparagus, it is in season, so it is on sale all the time now.

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
Brother get rid of all that Broccali, throw in some spinach. Personally I can't eat much at once so I do a spinach smoothie with my dinners

1.5 cups frozen spinach (2x a day)
3oz OJ (about 10 carbs)
2-3oz water
a bunch of lemon or lime juice/concentrate
3-4 ice cubes.
Blend. Enjoy