Layne Norton’s Contest Prep Guide

Barca1323

Awards
I wanted to see if anyone has read Layne Norton’s Contest Prep book and what their thoughts were on it!
I have been interested to read it but don’t have the money to put down for it at this time. So if anyone happens to have the pDF versions and would be willing to share it would also be very much appreciated!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Never used his contest prep book, but I would read through his "Ultimate Cutting Diet" online. Just google it, it's free. I've gone back to this article many times for myself and to help clients and friends - so much great info

Barca1323

Awards
Never used his contest prep book, but I would read through his "Ultimate Cutting Diet" online. Just google it, it's free. I've gone back to this article many times for myself and to help clients and friends - so much great info
Thanks! I’ll check it out!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I have it and it's several hundred pages of "it doesn't matter just get lean enough"

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The book is broken down in multiple sections so the OP knows what they are buying.
The first 40-50 pages is about caloric balance. Understanding the difference between dropping calories, adding cardio, and how you shuold approach it for a contest prep.
Cliffs --> Keep calories as high as possible, cardio as low as possible. This allows for variety, flexibility, and leverage when you stall. He gives you step by step guidelines on how he suggests removing calories, adding cardio, and what forms of cardio.

2nd portion --> Studies, Graphs, research associated with contest prep dieting. Tips, Tricks, articles and basically a step by step guide to going through contest prep. For example Eric Helms study on natural bodybuilding contest prep: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/
He goes into a lot of detail on setting up macros, how to adjust them, what supplements he would suggest , and how to get through sticking points. If you like research and enjoying listing to his youtube videos this will be very informative to the scientific portion of dieting.

3rd potion --> How to reverse diet. Tips and suggestions on how to add back food, how to eliminate cardio, and how aggressive one should be coming off a contest prep diet. He includes examples of what NOT to do, and some experiences he has seen (People pig out, eat too much, regret going overboard , etc). For a first time person competing it would be VERY helpful to read this and understand the consequences of post-show and how you can turn your hard work to rubble in a matter of a few days.

Final Portion --> Posing. There is a massive outline on all the mandatory poses for bodybuilding. For many they would not see this coming, but it is very beneficial because posing is what wins shows. If you can't show off your hard work and make an illusion on stage of looking better then your competition then you will lose. Getting lean is necessary, having good symmetry and size is a portion to the puzzle. Being able to show that and flow through your posing is critical to how you are graded by judges.

I have it and it's several hundred pages of "it doesn't matter just get lean enough"
This is not even close to true at all. Stop posting false information
You toot beef is magical, and that everyone should eat it (when the human body is not a textbook), and you are basically just re-iterating the vertical diet. Not everyone responds to what ONE person preaches.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/305040-glory-beef.html#post6063132

You state that broccoli expands your waist (with 0 scientific backing) yet I can show you pictures of hundreds of competitors who eat it right up to their show.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/304837-current-meal-plan-2.html#post6060965

Instead of writing novels and giving a one sided argument, actually be open to discussion and be able to have proof besides your own self.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Toot

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha The Solution is spot on AlexPowell is an absolute joke in these forums

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No point in arguing online, just funny that I live rent free in these guys heads
You mean arguing how meaningless your response was, and how it has 0 benefit to OP's original question? If so you are 100% correct because your statement does not provide any benefit or answer to what OP was looking for. If that is all you got out of the book maybe you should re-consider taking reading and comprehension.

Barca1323

Awards
The book is broken down in multiple sections so the OP knows what they are buying.
The first 40-50 pages is about caloric balance. Understanding the difference between dropping calories, adding cardio, and how you shuold approach it for a contest prep.
Cliffs --> Keep calories as high as possible, cardio as low as possible. This allows for variety, flexibility, and leverage when you stall. He gives you step by step guidelines on how he suggests removing calories, adding cardio, and what forms of cardio.

2nd portion --> Studies, Graphs, research associated with contest prep dieting. Tips, Tricks, articles and basically a step by step guide to going through contest prep. For example Eric Helms study on natural bodybuilding contest prep: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/
He goes into a lot of detail on setting up macros, how to adjust them, what supplements he would suggest , and how to get through sticking points. If you like research and enjoying listing to his youtube videos this will be very informative to the scientific portion of dieting.

3rd potion --> How to reverse diet. Tips and suggestions on how to add back food, how to eliminate cardio, and how aggressive one should be coming off a contest prep diet. He includes examples of what NOT to do, and some experiences he has seen (People pig out, eat too much, regret going overboard , etc). For a first time person competing it would be VERY helpful to read this and understand the consequences of post-show and how you can turn your hard work to rubble in a matter of a few days.

Final Portion --> Posing. There is a massive outline on all the mandatory poses for bodybuilding. For many they would not see this coming, but it is very beneficial because posing is what wins shows. If you can't show off your hard work and make an illusion on stage of looking better then your competition then you will lose. Getting lean is necessary, having good symmetry and size is a portion to the puzzle. Being able to show that and flow through your posing is critical to how you are graded by judges.

This is not even close to true at all. Stop posting false information
You toot beef is magical, and that everyone should eat it (when the human body is not a textbook), and you are basically just re-iterating the vertical diet. Not everyone responds to what ONE person preaches.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/305040-glory-beef.html#post6063132

You state that broccoli expands your waist (with 0 scientific backing) yet I can show you pictures of hundreds of competitors who eat it right up to their show.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/304837-current-meal-plan-2.html#post6060965

Instead of writing novels and giving a one sided argument, actually be open to discussion and be able to have proof besides your own self.
Thanks for all the feedback! I really appreciate it!!
I didn’t realize it had all of that in the book! May be worth me getting!