Crazy Appetite?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can an appetite be a sign of any underlying problems?

Im as slim as ever but i constantly want to eat.. Can easily throw a 3000+ calorie meal down me in a sitting.

Just doesn't seem normal? I eat insane size of portions and tons of fibre etc.. I never get the feeling of satiety?

Ive used supplements before just to suppress my appetite a little to make me think more clearly.

Is it worth speaking to a doctor?

Thanks

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you leaner than usual? You're body is probably at a bodyfat it doesn't want to be at, like at the end of a cut, you could eat cheats everyday several thousands kcal, but on the end of a bulk, that is way harder.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I’m a bit of glutton also, what does a 3k+ meal consist of, I’m betting it’s not chicken and rice haha burger and fries, well that’s achievable by most haha
Could be a sign of hyperthyroidism, also worth just going and talking to a doc for piece of mind if it’s really worrying you.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aye a use to weigh 15 stone and now i weigh 11 and a half.. Take it its my body wanting to get back to homeostasis? A wont ever be fat again though.. Dont care how messed up my appetite it.. It just seems insane.. A could honestly do eating competitions lol

Just wondered if anything underlying can cause it.. I got bloods took last week to see where everything is sitting at so a will have a look at that.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m a bit of glutton also, what does a 3k+ meal consist of, I’m betting it’s not chicken and rice haha burger and fries, well that’s achievable by most haha
Could be a sign of hyperthyroidism, also worth just going and talking to a doc for piece of mind if it’s really worrying you.
A dont really eat a junk based meal.. I try eat as healthy as possible. I make my own cakes based around oats etc but if i tally it up in myfitnesspal a can easily hit over 3000 cals.. Alot of folk always refer to me when food is mentioned lol i get tagged on facebook at all the eating challenges asking if im entering lol

I just never seem to get the signal to say stop? My friend who i live with is the same build.. He eats a meal and can barely move.. I eat a meal and start thinking about what im eating tomorrow lol

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
A dont really eat a junk based meal.. I try eat as healthy as possible. I make my own cakes based around oats etc but if i tally it up in myfitnesspal a can easily hit over 3000 cals.. Alot of folk always refer to me when food is mentioned lol i get tagged on facebook at all the eating challenges asking if im entering lol

I just never seem to get the signal to say stop? My friend who i live with is the same build.. He eats a meal and can barely move.. I eat a meal and start thinking about what im eating tomorrow lol
That is brilliant haha oat cakes also sound delicious

Like i said there is no harm is speaking to a doc for peace of mind but it probably is due to the fact you are now “leaner than you’ve ever been” and your body wants to find it’s way back to where it’s comfortable haha

A

Ase_james

Awards
Can an appetite be a sign of any underlying problems?

Im as slim as ever but i constantly want to eat.. Can easily throw a 3000+ calorie meal down me in a sitting.

Just doesn't seem normal? I eat insane size of portions and tons of fibre etc.. I never get the feeling of satiety?

Ive used supplements before just to suppress my appetite a little to make me think more clearly.

Is it worth speaking to a doctor?

Thanks
How old are you? Are you saying 3k a day, if so thats not much, per sitting its huge. I was like this well into my early 30s. Its worth getting your thyroid looked at, but if youre on the young side, enjoy it while it lasts...

I was concerned also, i could eat a square of ice cream and a bucket of fried chicken every night and not get fat. Thats not so now at 40 though.

Use it to your advantage, eat lift and eat.

M

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
i am the same 11 weeks into my cut.
my refeed days (2x a week) are only around 2 hours in time each and i down 700g each time.
the remaining 5 days are low carb (<50).
might be the same for you. our bodies are like sponges in this case. glycogen is empty and it wants to be refilled..

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How old are you? Are you saying 3k a day, if so thats not much, per sitting its huge. I was like this well into my early 30s. Its worth getting your thyroid looked at, but if youre on the young side, enjoy it while it lasts...

I was concerned also, i could eat a square of ice cream and a bucket of fried chicken every night and not get fat. Thats not so now at 40 though.

Use it to your advantage, eat lift and eat.
Im 31

3000 calories... In one sitting

Its not normal lol my friend who i live with eats a meal and he can stop and say thats me finished. I can keep going constant.. I train though and he doesnt. Im in far better shape though but for me to remain like this i need to work hard and also restrict food... If i dont i do gain fat. Trial'd and tested.. I intermittent fast just so i can cram in good sized meals. I have tried loads of different diets to see if i can suppress my appetite.. High fat lower carb.. Lower fat higher carb.. Higher protein etc.. All the same tbh. I dont restrict calories unless im cutting and hunger is just part of that process but during a bulk i still only eat about 300-500 above maintenance.. Still a surplus and even weeks into that i still feel major hunger.

I have a Doc appointment on Tuesday to see what they say.. Im gonna just explain everything. Be good to feel normal! Will get things checked out

A

Ase_james

Awards
Im 31

3000 calories... In one sitting

Its not normal lol my friend who i live with eats a meal and he can stop and say thats me finished. I can keep going constant.. I train though and he doesnt. Im in far better shape though but for me to remain like this i need to work hard and also restrict food... If i dont i do gain fat. Trial'd and tested.. I intermittent fast just so i can cram in good sized meals. I have tried loads of different diets to see if i can suppress my appetite.. High fat lower carb.. Lower fat higher carb.. Higher protein etc.. All the same tbh. I dont restrict calories unless im cutting and hunger is just part of that process but during a bulk i still only eat about 300-500 above maintenance.. Still a surplus and even weeks into that i still feel major hunger.

I have a Doc appointment on Tuesday to see what they say.. Im gonna just explain everything. Be good to feel normal! Will get things checked out
Not saying there isnt anything wrong, could be a worm or thyroid problem. But its not that out there. My first time at a brazilian steak house i had 7 pounds of meat and some sides even though i was full, i was still hungry.

Hope the doc says youre g2g.
When i was at the hight of my appetite looking back, i was way stressed out.
Just a thought, you could be stress eating, especially if youre getting stressed by gear side effects...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aye a use to weigh 15 stone and now i weigh 11 and a half.. Take it its my body wanting to get back to homeostasis? A wont ever be fat again though.. Dont care how messed up my appetite it.. It just seems insane.. A could honestly do eating competitions lol

Just wondered if anything underlying can cause it.. I got bloods took last week to see where everything is sitting at so a will have a look at that.
I have the same issue and I've gained plenty of weight and it continues, it sucks