Easy Meal Prep ideas

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
Easy meal prep ideas preferably for two. The wife and I want to trim up a bit more fat. Little background about us, I eat everything, she has a hard time with chicken.. I've been doing IF and We both have desk jobs. Any suggestions? Besides the obvious, increase cardio/conditioning and lift heavy?
Thanks in advance!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
For prepping protein, anything in the oven is fairly simple. You could always do some chicken breast for yourself and fish for your wife. White fish like tilapia and cod are quick and easy to prep in bulk with a few big cooking trays in the oven with some seasonings or rubs. Ground turkey or lean ground beef is also another good and quick option for protein.

The biggest key for me while trying to cut fat is food volume. I eat a lot of salads and green vegetables while cutting to feel full and to have more food on my plate at meals. Oven roasted vegetables are always a great option (peppers, onions, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, etc.). The microwave also works well too if you buy them frozen.

Another key for me is keeping snacks and junk food out of the house. It's always easier to adhere to your diet when you don't have junk food available. Are you and your wife currently tracking your calories/macros?

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
Are you and your wife currently tracking your calories/macros?
Totally great ideas and valid points, currently we are not, however I think it would only greatly benefit us to track what we eat. Thanks for the response man!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Totally great ideas and valid points, currently we are not, however I think it would only greatly benefit us to track what we eat. Thanks for the response man!
You're welcome man! I wouldn't go crazy about tracking everything down to the ounce, but it would definitely be helpful to keep a food log to stay consistent. The Myfitnesspal app makes it incredibly easy to track your food

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Easy meal prep ideas preferably for two. The wife and I want to trim up a bit more fat. Little background about us, I eat everything, she has a hard time with chicken.. I've been doing IF and We both have desk jobs. Any suggestions? Besides the obvious, increase cardio/conditioning and lift heavy?
Thanks in advance!
Cook and bulk and cook foods that store easily. Get a few pounds of ground beef or turkey and cook it up. Portion it and freeze the rest. Get a slow cooker if you don't have one already. You can cook a ton of chicken at once, pork, or any other type of meat and the slow cooking process helps it maintain its juices.

I would also get a rice cooker with a steaming basket on top. You can steam a bunch of vegetables at once and that should last you a few days. Additionally, you can steam potatoes in the steaming basket and taking baked potatoes to work is easy. The rice cooker will allow you to cook a lot of rice at once.

I would also buy some little zip lock bags and portion off some nuts.

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
Great idea AntM1564, def gonna cook up the chicken in the slow cooker

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Meals:
Meal 1 - 8oz chicken thighs , asparagus
Meal 2 - 5oz chicken breasts , 3 Whole eggs, green beans
Meal 3 - 2 scoops protein + 6 oz Greek yogurt
Meal 4 - 12 egg whites with peppers and onions

Rice cakes are there for Additional carbs , and healthy Whoopie Pies you can find on my YT channel
The 2 rows above the bottom has an added 1/3rd cup rice (40g)
Also will throw in protein bars to throw into sludge bowls for texture and calories

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Meals:

Rice cakes are there for Additional carbs , and healthy Whoopie Pies you can find on my YT channel
Also will throw in protein bars to throw into sludge bowls for texture and calories
put that in one of those machines that seals it and ready for doomsday, lol.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Meals:

Meticulous meal prepping Bob

I like to cook my chicken, rice all at once for a few meals. Same thing with lean beef on the Foreman grill, pork chops, etc