How do you guys keep your lives well rounded and protected from becoming boring?

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
We all love lifting on this forum and the gym but its easy to get too consumed by it. I know many of us have fell victim to that at one point or another.

So how do you keep yourselves from having this happen?

There is more to life than the gym, there is more to life than lifting. There is more to life than investing all your extra money on supplements and so forth. Guess what? You can actually go out and eat like a normal person once in a while and even have a night out with your friends along with a few cocktails if you choose to do so. Its not going to hurt your gains as long as you don't abuse the rewards that life has to offer. Drinking for example isn't for me but hey that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it here and there as a reward from all the hard work you put into the gym.

Some may say you can even allow yourself to indulge daily in the foods you enjoy as long as it fits into your macros. I tend to not do that because the amount of food I enjoy eating when I do cheat is enormous, such as an entire pizza all to myself in one sitting.

You work hard, so go out and show it off when you feel that you earned that right to do so. Isn't this what the gym should be about? Improving your own self so you can go out on a Friday or Saturday and walk tall and proud in a social environment?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You work hard, so go out and show it off when you feel that you earned that right to do so. Isn't this what the gym should be about? Improving your own self so you can go out on a Friday or Saturday and walk tall and proud in a social environment?
I personally dont enjoy myself in alot of social nightlife enviornments because of the drugs and alcohol and all the toughguys. I get into trouble. So either i suck it up and still go, mob out with all my homies (which i love) or save these times for vacations and hitting the beach. I think that training is a priority and release for me. I dont do it to impress people, i love to train and get the most from my body. The way i look is a side effect of my lifestyle. I dont care what people think, most of them will say its too much anyways. Looks like hes on steroids or somthing like that. I think you should enjoy yourself, program breaks, refeeds and cardio around activities outside the gym. But thats just me.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't have a social life but I like it that way. When I go "clubbing", I feel like a complete loser cuz I could be doing something better with my life.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally dont enjoy myself in alot of social nightlife enviornments because of the drugs and alcohol and all the toughguys. I get into trouble. So either i suck it up and still go, mob out with all my homies (which i love) or save these times for vacations and hitting the beach. I think that training is a priority and release for me. I dont do it to impress people, i love to train and get the most from my body. The way i look is a side effect of my lifestyle. I dont care what people think, most of them will say its too much anyways. Looks like hes on steroids or somthing like that. I think you should enjoy yourself, program breaks, refeeds and cardio around activities outside the gym. But thats just me.
This 100%. Couldnt agree more man (except for the part about the alcohol lol - im a fan of that, just not in the club).

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This 100%. Couldnt agree more man (except for the part about the alcohol lol - im a fan of that, just not in the club).
I mean i am too, but i gotta watch because i can drink like a fish and ot really put me in a place idont need to be. Diet and performance wise, but even more importantly im like a beast off the leash. My boys love it lol but i know my limits, and sometimes not drinking at all is best for me. On vacation or at the beach its on! Lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't see anything boring with sleep/eat/fvkc/work/gym/fvkc/eat/repeat?

I'm a bit of a night owl too, been DJing for years, and the club is my 2nd home. Getting tired of it now though, I only go for the VIP treatment really. But I'm really growing out of it. I love my first schedule I mentioned, with frequent travel included. I also love checking out new bars/restaurants, lobster/crab roasts etc all the time. It's nice living on the coast, so much going on.

If I lived in the country though, I'd be dirt biking / 4 wheeling / BMXing nonstop. This is what I did growing up, and I'd still be doing it. In the winter months, I snowboard frequently though.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
At my age I find more satisfaction in being in the gym on a Friday night than drinking booze and waking up with a hangover. **** that ****.

For the people that can do that and enjoy it , more power to them.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Friday nights are definitely a time to chill. I love attacking the weekend well rested.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Friday nights are definitely a time to chill. I love attacking the weekend well rested.
Yup. Same. Fridays are my chill days and Saturday are a whatever happens happens day.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like to get a Saturday morning workout in too. Gets the weekend started right

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love doing hot yoga on Sunday nights. A nice reset before the start of a new week, and counts as rehab for me too Can use any moment possible to limber up

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love doing hot yoga on Sunday nights. A nice reset before the start of a new week, and counts as rehab for me too Can use any moment possible to limber up
I want to get into that. My felxability needs attention. Also want to see a bunch of women lol.

My resets are on sundays. I fast for the day. Hit some cardio, spend time with family and or friends and get ready to train like a fkn savage the next week!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You won't regret it if you start I like Yin Yoga, it's very slow, long extended poses almost entirely on the floor, so it only focuses on flexability and recovery/restoration. Plus the poses make for some nice scenery.

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At my age I find more satisfaction in being in the gym on a Friday night than drinking booze and waking up with a hangover. **** that ****.

For the people that can do that and enjoy it , more power to them.
^^^^this.

And I'm only 30...

A

AllTheGainz

Awards
I'm a college student, I workout, study, eat and sleep. I'm pretty damn happy with my life. Do the things YOU love to do and don't give a **** about what others think. If you want to run around town in a pink tutu or go to a bar every night then be my guest. But don't not do things because others say they aren't fun or they are boring. I started to take that approach last year in college and it made me a hell of a lot happier

lilrocks0341

lilrocks0341

Awards
I've been gettin better at goin out and still not Drinkin. Although I was definitely stuck in the gym life only rut I'm starting to get better at not being socially retarded. Helps that I bounce at the most popular place in town though

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I have a simple life but I love it. I enjoy work, I enjoy lifting, I love to eat, I love every minute I'm with my family especially my little girl. I can't drink cause in allergic to alcohol so there goes night life haha.

I enjoy cooking too and firing up the grill for friends and family a few times a month. Show off my body during summer time is also a plus. Lol I can't complain with what I got... I just wish everyone stay blessed and see the good side of everything.

lilrocks0341

lilrocks0341

Awards
thats good to hear brotha, being allergic to alcohol doesnt sound to bad. atleast you wont get a beer gut haha

Q

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Married, 40 years old with kids, when I sit at my desk and read AM I love it. It is a nice break from the stresses of life. AM is full of knowledge and I learn something every single time I log on, plus it's very entertaining at times. I usually read more than I post and most of you probably like it that way hehe.

Empiremind speaks the truth.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We live life to the absolute fullest and enjoy a very social lifestyle. My wife and I both workout 4-5 days a week including kickboxing and her training for an endurance event. The kids both are in martial arts, play lacrosse, soccer, and dance. We also have many circles of friends so 3-4 nights a week we are either having BBQs, going to parties, just hanging at the pool, up in the mountains or whatever is going on. Not to mention trying to get in 3-4 vacations a year so the kids can see the world a little more.

So for us, non stop activity and social events are the norm. I wouldn't have it any other way and we both grew up like this with our parents always having friends and family around.

Reading this thread, I am sure I sound insane. haha

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We live life to the absolute fullest and enjoy a very social lifestyle. My wife and I both workout 4-5 days a week including kickboxing and her training for an endurance event. The kids both are in martial arts, play lacrosse, soccer, and dance. We also have many circles of friends so 3-4 nights a week we are either having BBQs, going to parties, just hanging at the pool, up in the mountains or whatever is going on. Not to mention trying to get in 3-4 vacations a year so the kids can see the world a little more.

So for us, non stop activity and social events are the norm. I wouldn't have it any other way and we both grew up like this with our parents always having friends and family around.

Reading this thread, I am sure I sound insane. haha
Not at all. Everybody is different and everybody has a different balance that they enjoy. Respect for managing to get all of that done!

Q

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
heck ya, my entire family pretty much revolves around my sons travel baseball. Three weekends a month, practice tue/thur, private lesson on wed. My daughter manages to fit in gymnastics once a week also.

I'm tired...