To much protein can cause more fat on the body

shaun16

shaun16

Awards
Was reading an article the other day on the bodybuilding website and it says if your protein intake is to high for that day the body will use what it needs then the rest will just get stored as unwanted body fat. Personally I thought the unwanted/unused protein just gets ****ted out. Anyone no anything about this???

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eating more calories than you need per day will result in fat gains. Simple as that. Protien is no different in that respect.

shaun16

shaun16

Awards
Yeah that is correct tbh, didn't think it in that way ha

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something interesting is the "unused" protien does get used. Your body can turn it into glucose for 1 and many other metabolic processes involve the "unused" protien. No such thing as UN used protien.

Also interesting...
Eat a diet containing almost no protien just carbs? Your body can use the carbs to do some of the things that the protien does. The human body is a sexy mystical flying unicorn that ****s awesome.

shaun16

shaun16

Awards
I see, well I'm still learning, I'm only 24 and been weightlifting since I was 19 but still learning stuff all of the time.

The low protein high carb diet sounds very un heard of to me usually its the other way around if ya wanting high definition in muscle tone. But hey like I said I'm still learning so maybe it's a good diet to try also

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see, well I'm still learning, I'm only 24 and been weightlifting since I was 19 but still learning stuff all of the time.

The low protein high carb diet sounds very un heard of to me usually its the other way around if ya wanting high definition in muscle tone. But hey like I said I'm still learning so maybe it's a good diet to try also
Woah there. Didn't say it was "good" but its doable. At the end of the day its all down on what works for you. Some people can bulk low Carb and some can't. Some people can cut high Carb some people can't.

If high protien works for you it'll be fine. Although I will say this. A lot of people could look a lot more like a bodybuilder if they stopped being afraid of carbs. Fuller and such.

I'm 23 and been lifting for 5 years. You can't see my ugly mug but that avi picture is me. I am still learning aswell.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
A surplus of ANYTHING will cause fat gain. Doesn't matter from which macronutrient group it comes.

shaun16

shaun16

Awards
Think it could be down to how fast or slow your metabolism is to and your exercise throughout your day

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
When you eat more protein than what the body needs, they can be deaminated or create glucose. Deamination is the removal of the amine group (aminos) from the carbon group which are then pee'd out, and gluconeogenesis is the creation of glucose from non-glucose sources i.e glucogenic aminos.

The body cannot create proteins from glucose and many aminos must be taken in through the diet. In no way has the body adapted to such an environment where glucose has constituted the majority of the diet and thus the body has needed to create proteins from glucose. It is the other way around (think: hunter gatherer with high protein + fat intakes).

Unless maybe via de novo lipogenesis then transamination but I doubt it. That is far beyond my scope of knowledge to even consider if that could work.