Best way to cut fat and not lose weight?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
I'm looking to lose some body fat currently 14% right now, but I don't want to lose weight just cut fat, any suggestions?? My weight is 185lbd

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without anabolics, it's unlikely to happen on a significant scale.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
I want to loose some fat so I can build more muscle

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to loose some fat so I can build more muscle

Not following the logic here. What you're seeking to accomplish is called a recomp where you concurrently build muscle and lose fat, but it is a slow process that requires heavy diligence. Pulling off a successful recomp is not easy without a solid amount of experience and knowledge of your caloric needs.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus on cutting fat and don't worry about the weight part so much. Once you've lost the fat you can work on adding quality muscle next. The goal is to look better right, not have a certain scale weight?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
So I guess the next thing would be a better diet. Right now I'm around 2800 calories a day 180 grams protein 180 grams carbs,

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I guess the next thing would be a better diet. Right now I'm around 2800 calories a day 180 grams protein 180 grams carbs,

You eat 150g of fat?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
It would be nice to get a great weekly food that I could stick with until I get my bf down to around 10 %

Revend

Awards
Weight lose is not a big issue. You should focus on only your fat only. After burning fat you can gain some weight as you want so do cardio for fat burning and don't worry about weight.

calebsmitty

Awards
I would look at Carb Backloading. If you do it right you should keep fat low while adding muscle.

Basically stay low carb up to your workout And consume carbs post workout. Keifer suggests simple carbs or junk carbs for this. So your body can clear insulin faster before bed.

blueice

Awards
Strive to eat at least 15 to 20% of your diet in health fats. Getting lean and building muscle doesn't mean avoiding fat. Eating healthy fats on a daily basis ensures you a good health and lean waistline.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
It would be nice to get a great weekly food that I could stick with until I get my bf down to around 10 %

Dude, it doesnt have to be fancy. It sometimes cant when you want to lose weight! Simple is best! Get yourself a canister of oats, a few bags of tilapia and a few pounds of asparagus a week and stick to that! Oatmeal and protein with water or tilapia in the am, and then tilapia and asparagus the rest of the meals with sone protein powder and water to fill in the gaps. Simple is easier and cost effective!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner