Higher Protein Skim Milk

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Normally I drink whole milk, but today I noticed the protein content on Skim Milk from Braums. It was 13g per cup, although the sugar content is higher. It taste a little different from regular skim milk, but if you're drinking milk for the protein you might want to try this.

sm.jpg

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Looks like basically it's less watered down.

"Braum’s Fat Free Milk is unique – it has up to 50 percent more natural calcium, protein and other essential nutrients than any other milk on the market. That’s because we send the milk through our special and exclusive vacuum processing system which actually removes 1/3 of the water from the milk thus concentrating the milk. That’s why Braum’s Fat Free Milk is better for you and is richer and creamier…tastes more like whole milk!"

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm about to get back off milk again it tears my stomach up.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think that's that special. The skim milk I buy from Krogers and food lion both have 3:4 ratio of protein to carbs. This seems more or less the same. It's primarily why I drink mostly skim (cheap source of protein and sugar), especially because there's no way on Earth I'd ever pay for organic whole milk.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anyone drinking whole milk? Think that's right around 9g protein a cup. 5g of sat fat though... :/
I never heard of Baums...