Which way to turn?

JabbaMan

Awards
Hi guys new to the forum in respects of posting be watching and reading for a while now

A little about me I'm 25, 13.7 stone and around 11-12% bf.

To the question: I'm looking to get sub 10% and really get my abs showing and been debating different diets/routines and done Lots of reading but I'm stuck between lean gains & UD 2.0 or even simple carb loading?

At the minute I'm eating around 240g of protein, 110g carbs and 70g fats and training 4 times a week weights and cardio twice combine with 30-40 walking daily.

Any one with any expeience in these diets comments welcome

Cheers jabba

JabbaMan

Awards
Sorry placed in wrong section - if a mod could move it please.... Apologies blame it on my fat fingers on my phone..

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
My personal 2c is to go with Anabolic Diet.

Going about 500 over maintenance with that diet I've been able to put on a few lbs while actually decreasing my overall body fat %.

JabbaMan

Awards
Cheers bla55 I will take a look I've not looked into the anabolic diet tbh

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
If you would like, a fellow board member actually e-mailed me a copy of the PDF for the book about the Anabolic Diet. Just PM me with your e-mail and I will ship it your way too.

It is pretty good and pretty easy to follow, allows for you to eat all the fat you want during the week, all the carbs you want during the weekend, gives pretty damn good pumps, no lethargy and has just treated me well all around.

I have been doing the Anabolic Diet with Dexaprine for a log currently and it has been going great. I started off at about 215lbs, 28 of those being fat, keeping it at roughly 100 calories below maintenance and I've dropped down to 208lbs, now sitting at 22 of fat. So all around only 1lb dropped in muscle.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
To the question: I'm looking to get sub 10% and really get my abs showing and been debating different diets/routines and done Lots of reading but I'm stuck between lean gains & UD 2.0 or even simple carb loading?

Cheers jabba
There's a lengthy thread here that myself and other lean gains advocates have filled with experiences, suggestions, tips, and so on. It's located here: The Lean Gains / IF Thread.

Also, several explanations behind some of the LG principles can be found here: Lean Gains: Comprehensive Fact Sheet & Conclusions.

I know that LG has worked extremely well for myself as well as several other members on this board. I'm not familiar with UD 2.0 or the Anabolic Diet specifically, so I can't accurately determine the relative effectiveness of those programs.

Ultimately, the diet you can stick to is the one that works best -- hopefully those threads prove useful to you in your efforts in choosing a diet plan!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys new to the forum in respects of posting be watching and reading for a while now

A little about me I'm 25, 13.7 stone and around 11-12% bf.

At the minute I'm eating around 240g of protein, 110g carbs and 70g fats and training 4 times a week weights and cardio twice combine with 30-40 walking daily.

Cheers jabba
up the protein and fat and drop the carbs, do it intermittent fasting style.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
If you would like, a fellow board member actually e-mailed me a copy of the PDF for the book about the Anabolic Diet. Just PM me with your e-mail and I will ship it your way too.

It is pretty good and pretty easy to follow, allows for you to eat all the fat you want during the week, all the carbs you want during the weekend, gives pretty damn good pumps, no lethargy and has just treated me well all around.

I have been doing the Anabolic Diet with Dexaprine for a log currently and it has been going great. I started off at about 215lbs, 28 of those being fat, keeping it at roughly 100 calories below maintenance and I've dropped down to 208lbs, now sitting at 22 of fat. So all around only 1lb dropped in muscle.
the anabolic diet i believe is now the metabolic diet?

Jacked.N.Tan

Jacked.N.Tan

Awards
carb cycle dude. unless youre using juice keto isnt a good diet to just get under single digit body fat. if you plateu w/ocarbs then whats next step. keto is a good plateu breaker but not a diet to start out with. save it till u hit 7%

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
My personal 2c is to go with Anabolic Diet.

Going about 500 over maintenance with that diet I've been able to put on a few lbs while actually decreasing my overall body fat %.
maintenance being based on what exactly? BMR? Or with all your daily activities calculated in?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
maintenance being based on what exactly? BMR? Or with all your daily activities calculated in?
Bit of both and just overall knowledge of my body. My metabolism is kinda slow so I need to adapt in order to fit well. At 220 I needed about 3100 with my activities to maintain, fairly low number for that but it was what kept me steady then.

JabbaMan

Awards
Thanx for all the responses, looks like I came up with good options as there's a pro for each. Think I'm going to have a go with carb cycling as I prob know the most on this and keep reading up on the ud2.0 and lean gains - thanx for the links some great info!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had more success with carb cycling then with keto. Supps like raspberry ketones and TTA can help, but it ultimately comes down to your diet and exercise (energy expenditure).

JabbaMan

Awards
Been carb cycling now for around two weeks now no real loss in strength and down to 13.4 also been found two extra cardio sessions a week - all looking good!