BAD CRAMPS AFTER LIFTING

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
recently i have been getting really bad muscle cramps right after my workouts.. the other day i did arms when i was done later that night i couldnt bend both arms without getting a really bad cramp in both my forearms..just today i did chest and back when i went to fasten my seat belt my left peck cramped up..this isnt only painful but its starting to worry me..am i not drinking enough water and staying hydrated or is it because of something else.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
drink more water, eat some banannas

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
recently i have been getting really bad muscle cramps right after my workouts.. the other day i did arms when i was done later that night i couldnt bend both arms without getting a really bad cramp in both my forearms..just today i did chest and back when i went to fasten my seat belt my left peck cramped up..this isnt only painful but its starting to worry me..am i not drinking enough water and staying hydrated or is it because of something else.
Bare minimum water for active people = multiply your body weight x .55. In your case 230 x .55 = 126.5. So, drink 126.5oz or more, especially on training days. Increase this to x .75 or more if you are taking creatine, drinking a lot of coffee or alcohol, or using any supplements that have diuretic properties.

As noted above, eat some bananas and other foods rich in potassium or take some supplemental potassium. You may also want to supplement with a bit of extra magnesium and taurine if the cramps are severe.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
drink more water, eat some banannas
YESSS! Water is by far ESSENTIAL for preventing cramps. The bananas are also a great source of potassium which will help your body hold onto the water you drink. Make sure you have around 3 liters a day while working out!