Not follow strict diet - anyone do this?

Scottish08

Awards
Evening bros; been thinking ‘bout my training lately and have decided to keep training with weights but enjoy it more; but also taking up more interest in sport again. I used to play a lot of badminton and squash; which I stopped in my quest for muscle and size; thinking that anytime I expended any energy; I wouldn’t be ganing muscle; thus not progressing.

I posted a thread on over-training and feeling bad the other day.

I think in the past i have been very guilty of not living; as i wanted to keep everything clean; everything focused on training and eating correctly; but i do think i have now realised life is too short to not enjoy things; i wont ever step on bodybuilding stage.

But I want to take a step back; start enjoying training again and do it for the reasons I started in the first place; to enjoy it and to make myself look better. Does any1 here not follow a strict bodybuilding diet? And not really care if they have abs out all year round; or having striations in their gluteus maximsusususus? I know that I am asking this on a forum where a lot of people compete; so guess most people are really onto of everything and don’t cheat; don’t deviate; and don’t relax their diets?

I would be interested from you bros; to hear who just eats clean but doesn’t really count calories; doesn’t mind if they have a Chinese if they want one; don’t mind having a chocolate biscuit if they want one; and just get on with it. I think I have become quite anti-social over the years in my quest to follow an amazing diet and hardcore training approach; yet no ambition to compete.

Cheers ears.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
im in this category. i eat good 4-6 times a day and ill eat anything i see. if im low on protein ill throw in a shake or two. works for me

Scottish08

Awards
Doesnt seem to have done you any harm; you look in great shape!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But I want to take a step back; start enjoying training again and do it for the reasons I started in the first place; to enjoy it and to make myself look better. Does any1 here not follow a strict bodybuilding diet? And not really care if they have abs out all year round; or having striations in their gluteus maximsusususus? I know that I am asking this on a forum where a lot of people compete; so guess most people are really onto of everything and don’t cheat; don’t deviate; and don’t relax their diets?

I would be interested from you bros; to hear who just eats clean but doesn’t really count calories; doesn’t mind if they have a Chinese if they want one; don’t mind having a chocolate biscuit if they want one; and just get on with it. I think I have become quite anti-social over the years in my quest to follow an amazing diet and hardcore training approach; yet no ambition to compete.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't diet and just eat whatever I want whenever I want (and my husband will back this up emphatically - he has never seen anyone pack away food like I do, LOL!) :toofunny: - nutrition is my bane and the word "diet" makes me cringe. I might maintain a lower leanness if my diet was "perfect", but I "balance" my poor nutrition with incredibly intense and hard training sessions, which allow me to get away with eating ~4,300 calories a day and still maintain 8-10% bodyfat for most of the year - the only time I would go over 10% bodyfat is if I was forced to have time off training, because my nutrition does not change from when I am training to when I am not.

You have to know what your body can handle, what you can get away with and can't. Just because one is serious and hardcore does not mean that they are perfect and everything is strict all the time - even if it IS strict, it does not mean that they don't live life :surprised:

~Rosie~

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I don't really follow a strict diet. I'm not really a bodybuilder. I lift / cardio and diet to stay in good shape and keep feeling good - that's first. Second, my body does respond pretty good to training and I'm curious about how my body works so that kind of keeps me motivated and trying new things.

My "diet" is mostly just ... stay away from processed foods. This isn't a religion for me though. I just left visiting my Mom and Dad and they had pizza over there - so I ate pizza ... happily. But staying away from processed foods tends to allow me to eat as much as I want without getting fat. If I get a craving for something processed or sweet - I trust my body is telling me there is something in that cake it needs - so I eat it with a big smile on my face. But most of the time my body craves red meat, white meat, eggs nuts, fruits, and veggies.

I'm 49. You can put me in any room with 100 other 49 year olds and I'll be the one in the best shape there - no doubt.

So I don't think I need to be a religious zealot about dieting. I'm pretty dialed in.

I will tell you this - the one thing I DO miss ... is alcohol. I never had a problem with it - I was always a social drinker. But there are times I'd like to have a glass of wine or some moonshine like I used to and just unwind. But I'm a complete teetotaler now - I won't touch a drop just because I believe the stuff is poison and it definitely lowers testosterone at a point in my life when age alone needs no help in doing that!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I constantly have tiny snack when I get hungry in between meals. a tsp of PB here or there, a spoonful of protein powder. I eat 7 meals a day already, but I don't let myself stay starving for 2 hours until my next meal finally rolls around, if I'm hungry....I'm gonna eat something.

Especially when cutting, I figure, there is a certain "pace" so to speak that you can safely lose fat without sacrificing muscle. And this pace isn't going to increase or decrease no matter how much of a calorie deficit you put yourself in, the pace at which you can safely lose fat remains the same. So why put up with being starving all the time when you don't need to...?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'll be the first to admit that I don't diet and just eat whatever I want whenever I want (and my husband will back this up emphatically - he has never seen anyone pack away food like I do, LOL!) :toofunny: - nutrition is my bane and the word "diet" makes me cringe. I might maintain a lower leanness if my diet was "perfect", but I "balance" my poor nutrition with incredibly intense and hard training sessions, which allow me to get away with eating ~4,300 calories a day and still maintain 8-10% bodyfat for most of the year - the only time I would go over 10% bodyfat is if I was forced to have time off training, because my nutrition does not change from when I am training to when I am not.

You have to know what your body can handle, what you can get away with and can't. Just because one is serious and hardcore does not mean that they are perfect and everything is strict all the time - even if it IS strict, it does not mean that they don't live life :surprised:

~Rosie~

You can stay in single digit bf with over 4k calories a day?? R U f'ing serious? What percentage of those are from carbs?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can stay in single digit bf with over 4k calories a day?? R U f'ing serious? What percentage of those are from carbs?
If you've ever followed any of my logs you'll know that I am one of the rare people whose nutrition is not as important as training and I train my fcuking arse off to "make up" for any "lack" in nutrition! Yes, I do stay under 10% bodyfat when I am training at over 4,000 calories a day - it's not impossible. Most of it is from carbohydrates, at least 60% of my nutrition is.

~Rosie~

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
She is an Ex-Professional athlete remember. She trains much harder than most people you would know. The more you do the more you can/need to eat.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Oh I know. I mean I can still cut on 3k plus just keeping carbs low, but I don't think I could pull off 4k without packing on some size, and perhaps not all of it would be good size, lol.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Oh I know. I mean I can still cut on 3k plus just keeping carbs low, but I don't think I could pull off 4k without packing on some size, and perhaps not all of it would be good size, lol.
Well i could always hire you as a helper for my contracting biz...those dudes eat mc****s by the truckload everyday and stay ripped haha.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do not follow strict BB diets anymore. The whole eating clean thing drives me crazy cause i see how stupid it is. BBs want to gain muscle and get six packs so badly, that they feel if they sacrafice stuff like flavor they gotta be making more progress. Read through my latest log about monsterdrol xt. Alot of vets on here were bashing me and my diet, but you can see how I eat and yet am leaner than most year round. I get most of my carbs from huge bowls of cereal, bagels, fruits, bread, sometimes oats, rice and potatoes.
Protein shakes make up prob 150 grams of my protein, as I only like 2 solid food meals a day.
I'm not afraid to eat out and get some high fat meals in, i just add a shake before it to make macros look better, and next meal eat low fat to stay right on track to hit my macro numbers. Like i said all of this is with 2 huge solid good meals and several shakes with bagles and fruits or cereal. My post workout meal i usually save about 200-250 carbs for so i do 3-4 big pancakes with syrup and some butter and a huge shake. Give me about 80-100 g of protein and 225 carbs. I also do 3-4 servings cereal pwo sometimes.

For scientific articles on nutrition and not broscience you will get here visit Martin berkhams site leangains, Lyle mcdonalds site bodyrecomposition, jcds site jcdfitness

and you will learn all you ever need to know in terms of training diet and how to actually incorperate your lifestyle in it.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
I think it all depends on the persons body type. I can get peeled and looked incredible.. but I have to weigh every last drop of food. If I eat clean and do not weigh anything out I do get a little chunky, but still look moderately athletic. If I eat anything I want day in, day out I get fat as hell and dont even look moderately close to a bodybuilder. All of this while maintaining extremely hard training and cardio.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I do not follow strict BB diets anymore. The whole eating clean thing drives me crazy cause i see how stupid it is. BBs want to gain muscle and get six packs so badly, that they feel if they sacrafice stuff like flavor they gotta be making more progress. Read through my latest log about monsterdrol xt. Alot of vets on here were bashing me and my diet, but you can see how I eat and yet am leaner than most year round. I get most of my carbs from huge bowls of cereal, bagels, fruits, bread, sometimes oats, rice and potatoes.
Protein shakes make up prob 150 grams of my protein, as I only like 2 solid food meals a day.
I'm not afraid to eat out and get some high fat meals in, i just add a shake before it to make macros look better, and next meal eat low fat to stay right on track to hit my macro numbers. Like i said all of this is with 2 huge solid good meals and several shakes with bagles and fruits or cereal. My post workout meal i usually save about 200-250 carbs for so i do 3-4 big pancakes with syrup and some butter and a huge shake. Give me about 80-100 g of protein and 225 carbs. I also do 3-4 servings cereal pwo sometimes.

For scientific articles on nutrition and not broscience you will get here visit Martin berkhams site leangains, Lyle mcdonalds site bodyrecomposition, jcds site jcdfitness

and you will learn all you ever need to know in terms of training diet and how to actually incorperate your lifestyle in it.

That's cool that it works for you. I'm sure it does, some people are like that for sure. But I don't think you should recommend this approach to everyone, lol.

Scottish08

Awards
Great replies everyone...which is what i have come to expect from this forum...has a lot of very good members on here...

ZamaMan...you make excellent points...i know what you mean about people wanting to gain muscle...sacrifice a lot of things...i used to be in that bracket...i have not been out...not gone to places...not had cheat meals...etc. simply in a quest for bodybuilding...which is so daft...looking back on it.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Well, I realize I'm not exactly the perfect reference as far as diet goes, but I too stopped counting calories. That doesn't mean I'm not conscious of what I'm eating. I can usually tell what macros are going down my throat, and I just make a mental note to adjust my diet throughout the rest of the day. But, I don't have any foods on a "no-go" list. I'm like Honda V65 when he says, "If I get a craving for something processed or sweet - I trust my body is telling me there is something in that cake it needs - so I eat it with a big smile on my face" :D! Life is too short not to enjoy yourself, and life is also all about compromises. So, I just made a mental note about what I really wanted, and realized I LOVE food (and I will NEVER step foot on a stage), so I compromised. Seems to be working well for me though. For the most part, food is food, regardless of how it got to your plate. Obviously, there's the GI index for carbs (which I am interested in using), as well as other theories (preservatives/processed/natural/types of fats/etc.) which I'm not! They're mostly theories, like the whole trans-fats thing (for example). At first, they were HAILED as the HEALTHY alternative to saturated fats! Now, not so much! You'll drive yourself crazy if you concern yourself with these things, so I don't! :D
--Brian

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great replies everyone...which is what i have come to expect from this forum...has a lot of very good members on here...
No worries :)

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Rosie what sport did you play? I never knew that either.

To the OP. I do not follow any type of structured diet either. I make sure I cover all my basis, and can follow a dynamic diet pattern. If I feel like I need more protein I will add it, more carbs I will add it, too many carbs I'll cut down, etc. I make sure my house is stocked with plenty of food. I have even eliminated all powders from my diet. The one thing I will say is that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I hardly ever skimp on a good breakfast. I can't follow a structured diet pattern because when I'm at work there is now way I can continue it.

Bodybuilding cannot consume you. Personally I have had a love/hate relationship with it in the last year. I am still about 20 lbs lighter then I want to be and have recently started picking up the pace again. I am putting myself in a position to try to make a comeback in Boxing. I am not sure if I want to compete again or just train, spar, and work with younger kids in hopes of getting them set on the right path. Boxing did this for me when I was younger. I would still continue to lift but it will not consume my life, leaving me time for other things. It's the other things that will keep your mind healthy, and mental health is just as important as physical health.

My biggest suggestion to you is to become a pro at time management. If you can effectively manage your time, which is much easier said then done, you will have time to fit working out into your other hobbies. This will be tricky at first but once you master it you can combine all of what makes you happy.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I try to eat clean 90% of the time, but if I really want something, I just eat it and make up for it later like Rosie said.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie what sport did you play? I never knew that either.
I was on the New Zealand track and road cycling team.

hey rosie, just out of curiosity, how much protein do you take PWO after one of your workouts?
I use the equivalent of 42 grams of protein in my post-training shake - however, how much protein I use post-training is irrelevant to you, and as long as you get ~30 grams of protein post-training with your ~50 grams of carbohydrates (although some advise against having them post-training - you have to do what works for you).

~Rosie~

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I was on the New Zealand track and road cycling team.

I use the equivalent of 42 grams of protein in my post-training shake - however, how much protein I use post-training is irrelevant to you, and as long as you get ~30 grams of protein post-training with your ~50 grams of carbohydrates (although some advise against having them post-training - you have to do what works for you).

~Rosie~
Thanks rosie. I'm trying to slowly increase my daily protein intake throughout the day ATM, and am trying to equally distribute it throughout all my meals. Normally most of my meals contain just over 50g of protein, however like I said, my body is still telling me I need more. Normally my PWO shake is 48g of whey, and I was toying with the idea of using PWO meal to add another 10-12g of whey to it. I don't know if that's overkill or not, but I just figured if I'm gonna pick another meal to increase some protein with, it might as well be my PWO meal...

My training sessions are generally bordering on 2 plus hours, so maybe I could squeeze in a few more PWO grams and be able to put it to good use.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks rosie. I'm trying to slowly increase my daily protein intake throughout the day ATM, and am trying to equally distribute it throughout all my meals. Normally most of my meals contain just over 50g of protein, however like I said, my body is still telling me I need more. Normally my PWO shake is 48g of whey, and I was toying with the idea of using PWO meal to add another 10-12g of whey to it. I don't know if that's overkill or not, but I just figured if I'm gonna pick another meal to increase some protein with, it might as well be my PWO meal...

My training sessions are generally bordering on 2 plus hours, so maybe I could squeeze in a few more PWO grams and be able to put it to good use.

How can your body be telling you that you need more protein? As long as you get in your required amount, your body should be fine.

In your postworkout MEAL you SHOULD have protein, period. Having more protein is not overkill, but more is not always better.

You don't need to train for that long, unless you're an athlete or are training for something specific that requires extensive training. I actually feel better having recently cut my training times in half, from 2-4 hours to 1-1.5 hours - my progress is not any less than what it was, and if anything, results better, and far more convenient. Train SMART.

~Rosie~

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established

How can your body be telling you that you need more protein? As long as you get in your required amount, your body should be fine.

In your postworkout MEAL you SHOULD have protein, period. Having more protein is not overkill, but more is not always better.

You don't need to train for that long, unless you're an athlete or are training for something specific that requires extensive training. I actually feel better having recently cut my training times in half, from 2-4 hours to 1-1.5 hours - my progress is not any less than what it was, and if anything, results better, and far more convenient. Train SMART.

~Rosie~

Well, more specifically it's telling me I need more calories...period, for my activity level. And I enjoy what I do both in and out of the gym too much to cut down my activity level. So along with being on a cut ATM, I just figure the safest way to get in some extra calories is obviously protein or fat.

I have to second the workout time though. It might not sound like it, but I actually cut down on my training as wel. Maybe not on the duration of my workouts, but in the form of taking off an entire extra day of the week from weight training. And I too have only seen positive effects from this, not negative.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I feel like the diet thing is directly related to the results you want. i dont see a point in having bodyfat, it slows down my BJJ and doesnt look good lol this is why my diet is 99% dialed in, except for an occasional chinese food once a month or something like that. ive noticed throughout the years that the stricter I ate the better I looked and performed, so thats my motivation right there. if you are okay with having a two pack and having average energy levels, why not mix it up and eat some pizza/bagels etc. you just might not ever find out how freakishly you could have looked if you ate 100% clean.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I feel like the diet thing is directly related to the results you want. i dont see a point in having bodyfat, it slows down my BJJ and doesnt look good lol this is why my diet is 99% dialed in, except for an occasional chinese food once a month or something like that. ive noticed throughout the years that the stricter I ate the better I looked and performed, so thats my motivation right there. if you are okay with having a two pack and having average energy levels, why not mix it up and eat some pizza/bagels etc. you just might not ever find out how freakishly you could have looked if you ate 100% clean.

I feel u brotha. I love the "chase for perfection" of it. And the fact that you will never attain it, it keeps you reaching and reaching every single day towards something. Because let's face it, if you ever finally attained it, there'd be no pont in going to the gym anymore.

And I get pretty anal about things in my chase for it. Like if 42g of protein on a certain meal is workikng for me. I'll try and get the measurements exactly right and do literally 40g or 45g on that meal for a week straight and see whether those 2-3g either way are able to give me a millimeter or centimeter or any extra progress towards whatever my goal (cutting, or bulking) at the time may be.

Some people say it's no way to live life, and that's definitely true for a lot of people. But personally I wouldn't have it any other way, I absolutely love how cerebral dieting can be when you really focus on the minute details of everything. It's enjoyable to me, I love it.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Make no mistake. By not following a strict diet it does not mean that I eat anything less then quality foods. I've always stated this, but to me there is no such thing as "clean" bulking or "dirty" bulking. These two terms have been created by some unknown person. Bulking always meant that you eat quality foods, just as much as humanly possible. You forcefeed yourself with these quality foods. "Clean" bulking is just trying to add a few extra pounds and not gain any fat, this is what 90% percent of American males want to do. This does not constitute bulking or "getting big" in my opinion. "Dirty" bulking is just a lazy and uneducated mans excuse for stuffing their face with with anything they feel like eating, all in the name of "bulking". This isn't bulking but binge eating, whether you work out or not.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Science has proven the use of carbs pwo. Your pwo meal should never not include carbs and loads of calories. Leangains has proven time and time again scientifically and anecdotal evidance as well that your pwo meal should be as huge as you can plan for in your daily caloric requirement. I would never hesitate to reccomend even 50% of someones macros in that single meal due to how amazing your bodys nutrient partioning is for those several hours after. I personally try n cram down 1200-1500 cals pwo. The evidance is there if you care to read Martin berkhams work.

IMO it's much easier to maintain and plan for proper macros when having less meals, so just plan 3 huge solid meals in and stick to those macros and youwill be well on your way to making it an easy lifestyle that you can maintain.

Scottish08

Awards
You bros and girls on here are fantastic....you have made this into a really good thread...excellent advice and debate within the thread...and very helpful to see different insights....and dare i say....nice to see people who are not completely anal about their food.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
You bros and girls on here are fantastic....you have made this into a really good thread...excellent advice and debate within the thread...and very helpful to see different insights....and dare i say....nice to see people who are not completely anal about their food.
Something about mixing the words "anal" and "food" doesn't really "sit right" with me! :D
--Brian

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established

reps bro...

I started to eat whatever the he'll I want a few weeks ago as long as I don't hfve any carbs during the evening I'm kool with it....
I make my own shakes and as long I get at least 200)g protein..
I'm happy...

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude that's nasty...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, what do you use to measure your bf%?
I have an 8-skinfold test done by a qualified ISAK anthropometrist.

~Rosie~

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Science has proven the use of carbs pwo. Your pwo meal should never not include carbs and loads of calories. Leangains has proven time and time again scientifically and anecdotal evidance as well that your pwo meal should be as huge as you can plan for in your daily caloric requirement. I would never hesitate to reccomend even 50% of someones macros in that single meal due to how amazing your bodys nutrient partioning is for those several hours after. I personally try n cram down 1200-1500 cals pwo. The evidance is there if you care to read Martin berkhams work.

IMO it's much easier to maintain and plan for proper macros when having less meals, so just plan 3 huge solid meals in and stick to those macros and youwill be well on your way to making it an easy lifestyle that you can maintain.
ok but there is absolutely no science proving 200+ grams of carbs post workout being useful. sure 50 or so will successfully replenish glycogen but even science (through studies) found that we dont deplete as much glycogen as some people think. carbs post workout will iniate an insulin response (desired) with a spike in blood sugar (undesired/fat gain). fat and protein rich foods like eggs/steak/fish will actually iniate the same insulin response without any spike in blood sugar. use the anabolic postworkout window, dont abuse it.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
ok but there is absolutely no science proving 200+ grams of carbs post workout being useful. sure 50 or so will successfully replenish glycogen but even science (through studies) found that we dont deplete as much glycogen as some people think. carbs post workout will iniate an insulin response (desired) with a spike in blood sugar (undesired/fat gain). fat and protein rich foods like eggs/steak/fish will actually iniate the same insulin response without any spike in blood sugar. use the anabolic postworkout window, dont abuse it.
I'm going to definitely have to agree with this. Over the years I've experimented with really low carbs PWO, as in 20-30g, mid level carbs, 50g, and really high level carbs as in 100 plus. Also experimented with all different fast/slow absorbing forms of each dosage. And even with a ridiculously strict diet the rest of the day, I still accumulated fat gain at 100g plus of carbs in PWO window. When I dropped it back down to around the 40-50 range, I felt bar none just as recovered, just as strong in the gym, and also lost quite a bit of bodyfat in the process. I think 200g PWO is really quite unnecessary to accomplish what you need to accomplish in that PWO window.

Remember, even though your body IS in that PWO window where carbs are going to be shuttled towards your muscles instead of stored as bodyfat, once you have taken enough to successfully replenish your muscles, the rest still DOES have a tendency to be stored as bodyfat. The anabolic window isn't like a license to go all out by any means. Like I said, this is just my opinion and what works for me though.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
thank you, it wont let me rep you again. these guys always wonder why they gotta bulk and cut, bulk and cut, where is that fat coming from?? all the big dudes at the gym slam thousands of grams of carbs!!

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
If you've ever followed any of my logs you'll know that I am one of the rare people whose nutrition is not as important as training and I train my fcuking arse off to "make up" for any "lack" in nutrition! Yes, I do stay under 10% bodyfat when I am training at over 4,000 calories a day - it's not impossible. Most of it is from carbohydrates, at least 60% of my nutrition is.

~Rosie~
I call total bull**** on this, you are a 108lb female with 8-10% bodyfat, which is competition-conditioning.

Unless you do hours and hours of cardio or something

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
lol, I'm not gonna pretend I know any more about her than you do, but with a rep power of 39, I'm not sure I would come at one of the most respected members on this board in quite that fashion brotha...

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to definitely have to agree with this. Over the years I've experimented with really low carbs PWO, as in 20-30g, mid level carbs, 50g, and really high level carbs as in 100 plus. Also experimented with all different fast/slow absorbing forms of each dosage. And even with a ridiculously strict diet the rest of the day, I still accumulated fat gain at 100g plus of carbs in PWO window. When I dropped it back down to around the 40-50 range, I felt bar none just as recovered, just as strong in the gym, and also lost quite a bit of bodyfat in the process. I think 200g PWO is really quite unnecessary to accomplish what you need to accomplish in that PWO window.

Remember, even though your body IS in that PWO window where carbs are going to be shuttled towards your muscles instead of stored as bodyfat, once you have taken enough to successfully replenish your muscles, the rest still DOES have a tendency to be stored as bodyfat. The anabolic window isn't like a license to go all out by any means. Like I said, this is just my opinion and what works for me though.
so you have a problemish hitting your macros. When you had the larger pwo meal you gained weight and loss fat on the smaller one. Clearly you were eating more calories in one situation and less in another. It's not like you had the same total daily caloric intake was the same otherwise your results would have been different.

The whole you can only process so much carbs in one meal and the rest goes to fat is broscience. When I diet for fat loss I skip breakfast, eat a big lunch usually tuna sandwitches and a big bowl of cereal, pre workout shake, and have a big dinner. So since all my carbs come in two meals I must affect my fat loss... Oh wait it doesn't.

Besides carbs don't just restore glycogen, they have lots of process one major one pwo is to help stop muscle tissue breakdown. I have seen countless ridiculous transformations from Martin on leansgains website where people do amazing recomps in timeframes where we would all almost wanna doubt is possible, and his guys eat 50% total calories in there pwo meal. Why aren't they getting fat then?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
so you have a problemish hitting your macros. When you had the larger pwo meal you gained weight and loss fat on the smaller one. Clearly you were eating more calories in one situation and less in another. It's not like you had the same total daily caloric intake was the same otherwise your results would have been different.

The whole you can only process so much carbs in one meal and the rest goes to fat is broscience. When I diet for fat loss I skip breakfast, eat a big lunch usually tuna sandwitches and a big bowl of cereal, pre workout shake, and have a big dinner. So since all my carbs come in two meals I must affect my fat loss... Oh wait it doesn't.

Besides carbs don't just restore glycogen, they have lots of process one major one pwo is to help stop muscle tissue breakdown. I have seen countless ridiculous transformations from Martin on leansgains website where people do amazing recomps in timeframes where we would all almost wanna doubt is possible, and his guys eat 50% total calories in there pwo meal. Why aren't they getting fat then?

actually the macro and calorie daily intakes WERE exactly the same. All I did was manipulate it so that more carb macros and calories came PWO, and less spread out throughout all the other meals.

I think if you spread out your calories a bit more evenly throughout your day, you wouldn't need to gorge yourself PWO.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established

dude you, your 2 pack, and your broscience comments dont impress me. you can process as many carbs as you want in one meal, except the extra that you dont need will just be stored as fat. highly glycemic complex carbs spike blood sugar, FACT. you state no actual information about how the body works, just push some retarded fitness website. i wouldnt waste a second of my day to actually look at the crap you keep referring to. actually, reading your posts waste even more of my time.

not trying to flame but i gave the facts to back up what i said. you can look up how complex carbs affect blood sugar and insulin, etc. you sit there and talk $hit on the paleo diet while you know nothing about it. it has worked very effectively for tons of people including people on this board but you still call it "broscience". internet is a place where we share information, studies, self experiments. i trust the homework that people here did a whole lot more than some "fitness guru" website that you keep advertising. good day.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I call total bull**** on this, you are a 108lb female with 8-10% bodyfat, which is competition-conditioning.

Unless you do hours and hours of cardio or something
Believe what you will - what you think means nothing. Those who have lived and live with me know what my nutrition is like - and yes, they didn't believe it until they saw it either.
I just wanted to confirm for you all...when it comes to eating food...I would literally put my wife Rosie up against anyone and I can all, but guarantee she would win by a landslide. She might kick my a$$ for saying this, but Rosie doesn't count how many calories she is eating. Rosie actually counts how many minutes she has been eating for and literally turns into an eating machine and devours everything in sight. The only thing I can even battle her on is pizza. I have an endless appetite for pizza, but Rosie could seriously have an 8k meal and act like it wasn't sh*t and even funnier or more frustrating is that she can get away with it. :D

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
As far as training, I do 20-30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week, so no, not hours and hours - as I said, I just train very hard and intense, something you obviously know nothing about. Next time you want to be a complete douche, make sure you know what you're talking about!

~Rosie~

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Believe what you will - what you think means nothing. Those who have lived and live with me know what my nutrition is like - and yes, they didn't believe it until they saw it either. As far as training, I do 20-30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week, so no, not hours and hours - as I said, I just train very hard and intense, something you obviously know nothing about. Next time you want to be a complete douche, make sure you know what you're talking about!

~Rosie~
Ugh! Rosie, you do not have to respond to haters. For those that fellow your logs, reviews know you are NOT of the norm...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i dont see whats there to not believe, her pic obviously shows an under 10% bf. 4k calories just means she has a faster metabolic rate than others.

Footballmike

Awards
I eat 7 meals a day. Breakfast, Mid-morn, Lunch, Pre-Workout, Post-Workout, Dinner, Bedtime. Very strict diet. Always feel good and tons of energy.

ChrisSurf

Awards

i'm the same way and glad to be, I cannot follow the 6 clean meals a day grail, most of the clean stuff to me is blahh tasting no matter what seasonings and stuff added. I like my stuff full and flavorful and have no problem eating out as well and staying in shape, I've been in a bulking phase and look moreso like I've added size and muscle but without that fat look so many get especially in the gut area.

At the same time that doesn't mean I eat junk everyday, but I'm also not one of the guys that monitors every single little carb or gram in every meal lol

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont see whats there to not believe, her pic obviously shows an under 10% bf. 4k calories just means she has a faster metabolic rate than others.
yeh, but she also takes a fat burner to like alpha t2...