Can you Naturally raise your test levels

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
is there neway to naturally raise your test levels without taking supplements. many people have askd me this and unfortunatly i am just as unknowing as them about it. ne imput wud be appreciated.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beef via cholesterol, saturated fats, and zinc.

On Letting Go

Awards
-Eat more saturated & monounsaturated fats.
-Heavy compound lifts.
-8-10hrs of restful sleep, nightly.

Thats a start.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i hav heard of heavy deads and squats and i have been doing that and i regularly get 10 hrs of sleep. ginger realy?????

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
The Anabolic Diet, 60-65 % fat, 30-35% pro, 5% cho monday through friday, saturday and sunday carbfest, eat 18x bodyweight to start and make adjustments based on results...so far I have gained 5lbs lean muscle in 6 weeks and have not gained bodyfat, can tell hormones are up because I have acne on back and chest and sometimes face here and there, also feel like an animal in the gym. The diet is fun too, especially the weekends.

The diet is high in saturated fat and cholesterol, which are good for your test levels. My staples are red meat, eggs,nuts and olive oil...so far it is working for me

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
my diets pretty strict. i average bout

125 grams of protein
35 grams of fat
160 grams of carbs

i eat bout 5 meals a day on average.

post workout i have 60 grams of carbs and 50 grams of protein.

nething else u need to know

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
test isnt produced from the knees. but yes about the heavy weighs part i dont know the science behind it but i know that its true. can nybody explain the science behind i cause now i am actually very curious

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
can any one xplain the science behind lifting heavy with legs releasing test cause i hav no idea of the science behind it

country1911

country1911

Banned
Awards
I know test isnt produced in the knees...

The science behind it is something like doing heavy compound lifts forces your body to respond by producing more GH and Test. I am sure someone can chime in with a more scientific approach.

I found this with a quick google search, sorry, I dont have 50 posts so I cant give you a link but I can copy and paste.

Testosterone and GH levels after squats & deadlifts:

Resistance training in general, increases testosterone and growth hormone, during and immediately after post excercise. It has been shown in many studies, including a published study Int J Sports Med. 1991 Apr;12(2):228-35 done on both men and women during resistance excercise. Squats and deadlifts increase GH and Testosterone, more than other compound excercises during excercise.

There is however, no significant studies that show that resistance excercise, directly leads to higher hormone levels long term. In fact, for a day or 2 post-excercise, many studies show LH and testosterone decline, while cortisol increases. In other words, building yourself up to a 200 lb ripped bodybuilder doesn’t directly increase your testosterone levels, from when you were smaller. But you might though have higher testosterone levels, due to better eating, supplementation, and working out, as a result of the bodybuilding lifestyle. The increased cortisol levels and lower testosterone, is also why overtraining is such an easy state to enter. We have to allow our body to recuperate itself, before doing more weight lifting.

saafanco

Awards
a new study in the yankshire journal of medicine states that jerking off 3-4 times daily will increase testosterone production.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Heavy Bench, squats, and deadlifts will increase test.

Eat more cholesterol! Cholesterol converts to testosterone.

Go here to check out steroidogenesis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Steroidogenesis.svg

Steak + eggs are def your best food sources for increasing test. Take your eggs with olive oil, the fat in olive oil helps convert cholesterol to test. I often have a spinach salad with about 3-4 cut up eggs and I cover them with olive oil, good snack.

Sleep 9 hours (as said earlier, one sleep cycle is supposedly 3 hours and 3 sleep cycles is perfect). Sound sleep is what you want as REM sleep increases nocturnal testosterone production.

lutherblsstt

is there neway to naturally raise your test levels without taking supplements. many people have askd me this and unfortunatly i am just as unknowing as them about it. ne imput wud be appreciated.
Testosterone And Growth Hormone Workouts
By Mike Mahler

I had an immense response from last week's newsletter article on the "Secret connection between hormones and training." (See article here.) It is a very exciting topic that I am super passionate about as optimizing hormones is critical to well being and reaching your strength and conditioning goals. To think otherwise is only to delude yourself. Think that you will feel strong, powerful, and confident with low Testosterone levels? Think again. Think you will recover from workouts and have a strong immune system with low Growth Hormone levels? You have another thing coming. I like the topic so much that I incorporated a one hour lecture on the topic at many of my kettlebell workshops. Just the lecture alone is worth the price of admission so click here to sign up today.

Personalization is the future. Generic programs will only take you so far as they do not take you as an individual into account. They do not take your GH and T levels into account, your personality type, your stress, quality of sleep, and diet. When I design training programs for clients, I like to organize workouts into two primary categories: Workouts that optimize Testosterone and workouts that optimize Growth Hormone. A balanced program that addresses both hormones evenly would be two heavy weight training workouts per week to optimize Testosterone and two high intensity cardio workouts per week to optimize Growth Hormone. Now one of the main reasons why I encourage my clients to get detailed blood work done is so I know which hormone if any needs more work than the others. For example, I have had clients that have IGF-1 levels of 230ng/dl and total testosterone levels of 350ng/dl. The GH levels are decent and the Testosterone levels are horrible! If they did not get the blood work done, I would not know what the ideal program is for them and what needs to be addressed. Guess work becomes science with blood work. Once the blood work numbers are revealed, we can address the needs of the client. Using the above example, we can get the T up with lifestyle changes, diet modification, and a few carefully picked nutrition supplements if necessary. This will be determined by seeing how much Free Testosterone is available, how much T is being converted to Estrogen, how much is being converted to DHT etc. In addition, training has to be adjusted as well. The individual above needs an emphasis on T workouts and a moderate amount of attention on optimizing GH.

Here is a sample program for someone that has decent IGF-1 levels and terrible T levels.

Monday and Friday (Testosterone Workouts)
•A-1: Barbell Clean and Press 3x5 (85% of one rep max)
•A-2: Weighted Pull-up 3x5 (85% of one rep max)
Do A-1 and A-2 back to back and take ninety second breaks in between each set. Do a set of A-1, rest 90 seconds, then do a set of A-2, rest 90 seconds and so forth. Continue until all the designated sets are completed. When you can do 3x5 with the same weight, add five pounds.

Rest two minutes and then do:

•Barbell Deadlift 4x3 (90% of one rep max and two minute breaks. When you can do 4x3 with the same weight, add five pounds)
•Finisher (For GH Release): Hindu Squat: 100 reps as fast as possible. Shoot for 100 reps in two minutes. Other options are Double Clubbell Swipes for 4x25 with one-minute breaks, or Double Kettlebell Swing for 2x15 and one-minute breaks. Basically something that builds up a lot of lactic acid and is intense. The key is to set number and achieve it in less time to build up lactic acid and intensity.

Wednesday (Moderate Strength Workout)
•A-1: Medium Grip Floor Press 3x3 (85% of one rep max)
•A-2: Barbell Bent-over Row 3x3 (85% of one rep max)
Do A-1 and A-2 back to back and take ninety second breaks in between each set. Do a set of A-1, rest 90 seconds, then do a set of A-2, rest 90 seconds and so forth. Continue until all the designated sets are completed. When you can do 3x3 with the same weight, add five pounds.

•GH Optimizer: Barbell Squat: 1x15 (start with 50% of your one rep max and add five pounds at every workout. Squat all the way down, pause for a second stand up, pause at the top and take two to three deep breaths before doing another rep. These are brutal but very effective. You can also do these with Double Kettlebell Front Squats or weighted Vest Hindu Squats (watch your knees). I like Double Kettlebell Front Squats as you can dump the weights if you get in trouble.
On your off days do a one to two mile walk. Great reason to have a dog around as it makes the walks much more enjoyable and gives you a reason besides yourself to do the walk. I live in an apartment on the third floor and always race my dog Mona up the stairs. to ensure that I win, I give her a treat before I take off. Yet, she always manages to beat me. I take Mona for two to three workouts per day so get some nice GTG sessions in without thinking about it.

To lower cortisol while walking, breathe in through your nose and out slowly. These are cortisol lowering workouts to enhance recovery. A walk around the block before you got to sleep is a great way to clear your head before bedtime. Of course, this may not be safe, so proceed with caution. Some yoga stretches or chi-king at home is probably a better option. Check out John DuCane's great DVD. Just remember that high T and high GH are not likely to exist with high cortisol levels. Forget about getting rid of abdominal fat with surging C levels as well. More stress often equates to stronger urges for sugar.

To further increase results follow a low carb diet during the day to keep GH levels high. Have a high protein high carb protein shake thirty minutes after you workout to enhance recovery. Make sure to get a thirty minute nap in after workouts. Put on some relaxing music to help you relax. Get 8-9 hours of deep sleep at night and you are doing a great deal to improve your health.

Now what should you do if your T levels are pretty good and your GH is below average. Well, you should grab your credit card and send me some money to help you out right away. I am only partially joking. Here is a sample program for an athlete that has T levels of 700ng/dl (optimal is 650 to 900) and IGF-1 of 180ng/dl (optimal is 250 to 350):

Monday and Friday (Testosterone Workout)
•A-1: Barbell Clean and Press 2x3 (85% of one rep max)
•A-2: Weighted Pull-up 2x3 (85% of one rep max)
Do A-1 and A-2 back to back and take ninety second breaks in between each set. Do a set of A-1, rest 90 seconds, then do a set of A-2, rest 90 seconds and so forth. Continue until all the designated sets are completed. When you can do 3x5 with the same weight, add five pounds.

Rest two minutes and then do:

•Barbell Deadlift 3x3 (90% of one rep max and three minute breaks)
•Finisher: Hindu Squat: 100 reps as fast as possible or Double KB swings for 2x15 and one-minute breaks
Tuesday and Thursday (GH emphasis workouts)
Ten rounds of:

•30 Hindu Squats as fast as possible: (breathe out as you squat down and breathe in deep as you stand up)
•10 One-arm Kettlebell Snatches l,r (with a weight that you can do 15 times)
Take one-minute breaks in between each workout and work on decreasing the breaks over time. Long-term goal is ten rounds and thirty second breaks. The more intensity the higher the GH release. Of course this is assuming that you do not burn out and over train so ease into it.

Additional Tips for increasing GH And Testosterone Levels

1.Get 8-9 hours of sleep every night. Forget everything else if y
ou cannot make this happen. Turn the TV off, stop talking on the phone and go to sleep.

2.Take a 30 minute power nap after you workout on an empty stomach (you can take glutamine and BCAA, but no food. By the way do not ask me what amount unless you are one of my online clients. Do your own research if you want free info.)

3.Take transdermal Magnesium Cream before you got to sleep . Magnesium is a muscle relaxant which will help improve quality sleep. Warning: Get ready for some bizarre dreams!

4.Follow a high protein and high healthy fat diet during the day to keep insulin low and GH high. Save your carbs for after your workouts.

5.Relax and do not stress out so much. Every time you stress out, cortisol levels go up which lowers DHEA (anti-aging hormone)

6.Do not let people push your around at work or in your personal life. Every time that happens, your T levels go down. Stick up for your self and surround yourself with high quality people. Get rid of all of the losers like a bad habit.
7.Every time you achieve a goal or a success that you care about, your T levels go up. Make goals and achieve them to get your T levels up.
8.Yes there are supplements that can help but do not even think about taking them until you do all of the above and get your blood work done. Here are the tests again:

◦Testosterone (free and total)
◦DHT
◦Estradiol
◦PSA (for men)
◦SBGH
◦DHEA (saliva test)
◦Cortisol (saliva test)
◦Thyroid
◦IGF-1 (more stable measure of GH)

Now do not be a jackass and decline from doing the above because your insurance does not cover some of the tests such as IGF-1 (Usually runs $189.95).

It always amazing me that people spend hundreds of dollars on their cars every year but when it comes to their health, they put the cheap ass hats on.

You only have one body so make the best of your physiology or be prepared to pay the consequences.

Nothing is more expensive than regret.

Get rid of cable, do not wat out for a month, stop going to starbucks everyday and save that money for your blood work. Also, do not wait until you have problems to get your blood work done.

Every man and woman should be required to get blood work done at age 25.

That is usually your last good year of hormones before things start going down hill slowly. Get it done early so you know what your ideal levels are.

The future of training is personalization. The more you know about yourself, the better your results will be. Hell, you may not even get results at all if you do not know your numbers. Do not take this lightly.

If you need help which you most likely do, sign up for my online program design services at: Aggressive Strength Services or figure it out on your own. Best of luck.

froste

Awards
I have read males who have a diet fairly high in saturated and monounsaturated fats have higher test levels. So I would agree with some of the posters above. Red meats and almonds is what I use.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
SSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BigBCanada

Awards
-Meat
-Deadlifts
-Squats
-Saturated Fats
-Sleep
-Masturbation (Idk?!)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

125 grams of protein
35 grams of fat
160 grams of carbs

that is pathetic if you are trying to be a bodybuilder . if you are secure being skinny keep on that diet. you are not going to gain any muscle on a puny diet like that for a start double everything and watch yourself grow.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Protein, Zinc, Cholesterol, EFAs, Squats and Deadlifts.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
a new study in the yankshire journal of medicine states that jerking off 3-4 times daily will increase testosterone production.
whether this is a joke or not ive also read similar things before...maybe not 3-4 times a day but. Dr. Colker is a huge advocate of regular release....it does keep ur test levels in check

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
After every lift, give your nuts a nice scratch. Seperate em with your fingers, and scream if anyone looks at you.

Or sleep long, eat healthy fats, and do squats.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sex, and spending time around attractive women.

"Researchers at the University of California, whose findings are published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B, stated that men rated how attractive they’d found the women (the average was 5.83 on the good looks scale of 1 – 10, suggesting the group was relatively easy on the eye).

Then they provided a saliva sample that was tested within 20 to 40 minutes. The five-minute chat with a fair member of the fairer sex spiked testosterone by 14 percent and cortisol by 48 percent. The same length chat with a man saw the hormones dip by 2 percent and seven percent, respectively."

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
dood your pic is gross......lol

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lots of good tips. antiestrogenic foods, staying away from estrogen mimicing chemicals(parabens...) and a good workout will help them test levels.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established

125 grams of protein
35 grams of fat
160 grams of carbs

So your only eating around 1500 calories a day??!!! That's weaksauce. You burn around 15-16 cals per lb of body weight doing nothing. I would start eating A LOT more especially what everyone has already posted epecially saturated fats.

Ironloo

agree squats and deadlifts or the high rep squat routine great test of will. Also eat more food these you should be eating lean red meats, bananas, natural peanut butter, walnuts, almonds, celery, eggs if you dont take zma eat oysters. Also sleep and rest more 8-10hrs. to perform day after day, and power nap if possible.Do not sleep 7hrs. a day its enough sleep for a nurse. Hope this advice helps you.

ana420

ana420

Awards
yeah.

-Squats, deads and bench have been shown to increase testosterone levels the most
-Sleeping at least 8 hours a night
-Not being deficient in fats
-Ensuring you have enough zinc in your diet

Whole eggs and olives are great sources of fat.

We need at least 11mg/a day of zinc to support healthy testosterone levels
Good sources of zinc include:
* Poultry – a chicken breast will provide about 10 percent of your daily intake.
* Red meat – beef can provide about 25-60 percent depending on the cut.
* Milk – a cup of milk has about 6 percent.
* Beans – provide about 8 percent per half cup.
* Bread – provides about 10 percent per slice.
* Egg Yolks – provide about 3 percent per egg.

And of course you could always supplement with a bottle of zinc.

I don't believe eating more cholesterol will up your testosterone levels. IF you eat more cholesterol your liver will compensate for this and start to produce less.