Anti Ox flavored BCAAs

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Dsade,
How are these coming along? Last I heard they tasted like crap and you were giving it another shot.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Arnold is now OVER. This is one of the focus points for this week.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am hitting a VERY big trade show this week...and this is going to be where I am going to make or break the flavorings.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Wait, what is this? Anti ox + BCAA that tastes good?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
evoVIII

evoVIII

Awards
anti ox + bcaa and it tastes good. can't wait, something i can sip on all day long.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like we finally have a workable model for the flavoring. We are awaiting final price and lead time right now.

Nutraplanet SHOULD have these within 2-3 weeks.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Cool, hopefully it will be in just in time for my next BCAA order.

zachattack43

zachattack43

Awards
Looks like we finally have a workable model for the flavoring. We are awaiting final price and lead time right now.

Nutraplanet SHOULD have these within 2-3 weeks.
still on schedule??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
still on schedule??
Still on schedule...with a disclaimer. My supplier is going to be in China for a week, which will slow things down while she is gone.

The initial batch is VERY tasty, but needs more bolstering of the bioactive parts of the Pomegranate.

Might pick a few testers.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Still on schedule...with a disclaimer. My supplier is going to be in China for a week, which will slow things down while she is gone.

The initial batch is VERY tasty, but needs more bolstering of the bioactive parts of the Pomegranate.

Why is every supplier you have a she?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Why is every supplier you have a she?
Because Dsade can "talk" the prices down with his superior lady skills. How do you think Nutra has such great prices....?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Matt supplies them with his "superior protein source" and they comply to his demands...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is going to contain pomegranate extract?
Yes...the Pomegranate is one of the most potent anti-Oxidants there is. The added benefit of pleasant taste is what inspired this approach.

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
Yes...the Pomegranate is one of the most potent anti-Oxidants there is. The added benefit of pleasant taste is what inspired this approach.
That's great, I love pomegranate :woohoo:

For those that don't konw, here's an article discussing the myriad of health benefits of pomegranate;

Ancient Fruit of Life Yields Modern Promise

Also, many don't realise that pomegranate when taken with NO supps can enhance their effectiveness

Beneficial effects of pomegranate juice on oxidation-sensitive genes and endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity at sites of perturbed shear stress

ORIGINAL: Pubmed Abstract

Antioxidants are well known to enhance the biological actions of NO by virtue of their capacity to stabilize NO by protecting against the oxidative destruction of NO by reactive oxygen species and other radicals. This antioxidant effect results in much higher and more prolonged cellular concentrations of NO, leading to markedly increased biological actions of NO. To determine whether proatherogenic conditions induced by high shear stress can be attenuated by pomegranate juice, we first studied cultured human coronary artery EC subjected to high shear stress. We then analyzed high- and low-prone atherosclerotic aortic areas of hypercholesterolemic mice (11, 23) after chronic oral administration of pomegranate juice.

Pomegranate juice protects nitric oxide against oxidative destruction and enhances the biological actions of nitric oxide.

Pomegranate juice (PJ), which is a rich source of potent flavonoid antioxidants, was tested for its capacity to protect nitric oxide (NO) against oxidative destruction and enhance the biological actions of NO. Employing chemiluminescence headspace analysis, PJ was found to be a potent inhibitor of superoxide anion-mediated disappearance of NO. PJ was much more potent than Concord grape juice, blueberry juice, red wine, ascorbic acid, and dl-alpha-tocopherol. As little as 3mul of a 6-fold dilution of PJ, in a reaction volume of 5000mul, produced a marked antioxidant effect, whereas 300mul of undiluted blueberry juice or nearly 1000mul of undiluted Concord grape juice were required to produce similar effects. PJ and other antioxidant-containing products were found to augment the anti-proliferative action of NO (DETA/NO) on vascular smooth muscle cell (rat aorta) proliferation. PJ was much more effective than the other products tested and elicited no effects when tested alone in the absence of added NO. Similarly, neither PJ nor the other products enhanced the anti-proliferative action of alpha-difluoromethylornithine, a stable substance that inhibits cell growth by NO-independent mechanisms. In order to determine whether PJ is capable of increasing the production of NO by vascular endothelial cells, PJ was tested for its capacity to upregulate and/or activate endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) in bovine pulmonary artery endothelial cells. PJ elicited no effects on eNOS protein expression or catalytic activity. Moreover, PJ did not enhance promoter activity in the eNOS gene (COS-7 cells transfected with eNOS). These observations indicate that PJ possesses potent antioxidant activity that results in marked protection of NO against oxidative destruction, thereby resulting in augmentation of the biological actions of NO.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
so can grape seed and pycnogenol if I remember correctly.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established

You've always called me a sick fvcker. :)

Me neeeeeeedy it.

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
Sorry to bump an old thread, this sounded like it would be a great product and I was just wondering if there was anymore word on it?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have been getting nothing but excuses from the manufacturer. I will check back yet again to find out why the last delivery estimate has passed.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I hadn't seen this but it looks very exciting. I really love Pomegranate, it seems to have a really "smooth" flavor thats kinda hard to describe.