The True Meaning of Thanksgiving!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I went to my son's Thanksgiving day party the other day and they performed a little skit depicting the Pilgrim voyage to America and the generousity of the Native Americans, and it brought me back to the true meaning of the holiday. We all have SO much to be thankful for, but the daily hustle and bustle of life and it's many distractions, sidetracks our thinking and we usually take for granted the finer things in life...

I just wanted to post a little list of things I take for granted but thank God for, to remind me how blessed I really am.

I am thankful for:

-my family/friends and our health
-the freedom I have in my country
-the men and women in service who protect that freedom with their lives
-the public safety workers who also lay down their lives for us
-my business, and all the customers who gave me a chance to earn their business

I encourage everyone to take that brief moment to think of all the "little" blessings they are thankful for but tend to overlook...

Have a great Thanksgiving guys!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I heard a interesting bit of info on thanksgiving the other day that someone told me. " On the maiden voyage of the Pilgrims, the first night that they spent on the New Land they gathered together and had a big meal that they called their thanksgiving meal... thus coining the phrase. A couple of years later the Indians showed their kindness by teaching the Pilgrims how to farm, hunt, and survive in the New Land and of course they taught them how to cook a Thanksgiving Dinner which inturn was the impetous of todays Thanksgiving Holiday.
Just figured I 'd share that little bit of usless knowledge. Anyway, I'm thankful for
- My friends and family of course.
- My ability to find inspiration in myself.
- My ability to find inspiration in others.
- And the happiness I have with life that I know eludes many people.