Whats the best supplement for memory? Long term

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Looking to improve my stress related bad memory, of course i am working on reducing stress that has been dragging it down during several years.
Are there anything you can recommend help the process long term?

(Have tried the most nootropics for short term purposes)

Atb

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe not traditionally a Nootropic, but I feel Ashwagandha (as KSM-66) has had a pronounced cognitive impact for myself. As an adaptogen, this is most likely a secondary effect of the ingredient but a great one nonetheless.

Also, this does have the potential to help in reducing stress. Literature supports stress reduction and cortisol optimization

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bacopa fits this bill perfectly. It really needs to be taken daily for a few/several weeks to really shine, but it has been shown to improve memory and help with stress.

As mentioned already, ashwagandha is also great for stress and also does have some cognitive benefits IIRC.

Choline and piracetam/Noopept is also solid too. Some rodent research suggests that a combination of choline and piracetam is better than either alone, and that repeated use is better than acute use.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
Ordered some Bacopa to try out,

How dissapointed i was when I saw that Tiapedine was no longer avalible at nootropicdepot,

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You mention memory and stress, so I am going to start with recommending KSM-66 as I found it really calms my nerves and relaxes me. When I am more relaxed, I retain more and can learn easier.

Noopept works well for me to allow me to absorb new info. About 45min after taking 10mg, I notice I can hear or read something and not have to go over it again. It combines nicely with ALCAR.

Finally, I found that adding magnesium in the evening has improved my sleep quality and in turn, helped my memory.

Dr Nick

Dr Nick

Awards
  • Established
I have tried KSM-66, didnt notice anything, I have tried noopept Before and ordered some more now at the same time but in 30mg caps, was that a mistake?10mg better?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me, yes. 10mg is as high as I can go at one time. 20mg+ actually does the opposite and makes me very dull and slow.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Japanese people live to 100 years old more than other countries. Just take taurine.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ordered some Bacopa to try out,

How dissapointed i was when I saw that Tiapedine was no longer avalible at nootropicdepot,
I hope you ordered a quality extract. 45-55% bacosides, 300mg/day. Bacognize is a good one, and affordable. Synapsa is also good, but pretty expensive.

Edit: if you bought it from ND, then it should be one of those two, so that’s good!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lion’s mane works well for long term memory. It needs to be dosed at 3 grams per day. I take 1.5 grams in the am and 1.5 grams in the pm.

PRL-8-53 is a novel nootropic (only 1 study conducted) is amazing for short-term/working memory. I am not sure about long term memory though. This works well at 12 mg sublingually.

Better sleep can drastically improve memory. I would work on that first or at least along with whatever supplement you choose.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For me, yes. 10mg is as high as I can go at one time. 20mg+ actually does the opposite and makes me very dull and slow.
Our Noopept XT was 10 mg. capsules. When companies started coming out with 20 and 30 mg. capsules some people gave us a hard time about being 10 mg. capsules but we stuck to 10 mg. for exactly the reason you said. 10 mg. is the sweet spot for most people and adding more can have an opposite effect on some people.

For anyone interested, there are some retailers that still do have stock of our Noopept XT. One retailer has a special of 2 bottles for 28.78 after the coupon code; that's 240 total caps @ 10 mg. per cap.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love nootropics and my favorite thing for memory that I've ever used is Huperzine A. It often gets overlooked because its not new or fancy but it is awesome for memory.