Gotu Kola?

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
What are everyone's thoughts on Gotu Kola? Seems to have a very promising research and it is one of the most noticeable supps I have tried for both anxiety and focus. I am surprised I do not hear about it more. Is my experience an outlier?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not really seeing much as far as research goes. What have you experienced with it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s historically been viewed/used with bacopa, sometimes even interchangeably according to some sources. I’ve seen more promising research on bacopa than gotu kola, but if bacopa makes you too tired/calm and gotu kola doesn’t, then I say use it instead.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really seeing much as far as research goes. What have you experienced with it?
I have only been taking for a week but acute dose has provided a decrease in anxiety and also helps block out extra "noise" in my mind so I can focus.

I am hoping there will be some long term memory benefits like with bacopa. Basically for my it seems like all the things I have read bacopa is suppose to do, but without making me lazy.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have only been taking for a week but acute dose has provided a decrease in anxiety and also helps block out extra "noise" in my mind so I can focus.

I am hoping there will be some long term memory benefits like with bacopa. Basically for my it seems like all the things I have read bacopa is suppose to do, but without making me lazy.
That’s what it seems like would be the ideal use for it IMO, but I haven’t looked over the research in a while. If you handle bacopa well I’d still opt for it, but since you don’t, this seems like it could be a solid option.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
That’s what it seems like would be the ideal use for it IMO, but I haven’t looked over the research in a while. If you handle bacopa well I’d still opt for it, but since you don’t, this seems like it could be a solid option.
Thanks for the input! That has been my thoughts on it so far

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brahmi is the one of the most studied Ayurvedic plant for its cognition enhancing activity. Our results suggest that both Bacopa monnieri and Centella asiatica are equipotent with regard to their free-radical quenching potentials and hence can be alternatively used. This also supports the Ayurvedic belief of the plants having similar activity as mentioned in ancient texts and opens a new arena of evaluation of these plants to elucidate their exact mechanism of action.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296351/

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just ordered some gotu kola and Reishi extract. I have high hopes for this as nothing else planned out for me yet. In particular hoping either one can help me sleep at 3am...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 5