Modafinil

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
I've tried adrafinil and loved it. Wanted to give Modafinil a shot but can't find it. Any help?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless you buy from an overseas pharma website, it’ll be much easier to get flmodafinil, in the US anyway.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just be sure to not use it long term. Side effects

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
Just be sure to not use it long term. Side effects
Appreciate it man. No I wouldn't plan on taking long term without breaks. I've tried adrafinil and loved it. 600mgs seems like the sweet spot. 900mgs gave me headaches. Wondering how many milligrams of adrafinil would equate to a 300mgs Modafinil dose.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I've tried adrafinil and loved it. Wanted to give Modafinil a shot but can't find it. Any help?
adrafinil converts into moda but moda is scheduled by the dea so I would just stick with adra unless you're got a script.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Hey wanted to jump in. I tried adrafinil with my racetam stack, but added it a little after I started the Racetams.. I instantly noticed headaches at the effective dose. 300mg cap doesn’t have an effect, however 600 causes a very uncomfortable pressure headache.. was thinking possibly if I could dose between them it might be effective

Standup

Banned
Awards
Hey wanted to jump in. I tried adrafinil with my racetam stack, but added it a little after I started the Racetams.. I instantly noticed headaches at the effective dose. 300mg cap doesn’t have an effect, however 600 causes a very uncomfortable pressure headache.. was thinking possibly if I could dose between them it might be effective
Did you start off the bat with 600 mg or work your way up to it? I started with 300 mg and it was pretty strong like the max shots of espresso I would be comfortable taking. Started 300 mg twice a day and it seem to last 36 hours. Great if I feel like swimming to Canada on a black ops mission.

Try a cap and a half. I usually increase my dosage by half caps or tabs when it comes to taking stims or depressants for the first time.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
While I didn’t just dive in with a 600mg dose, I will admit I only gave it two days before I reached that dose, as I wasn’t noticing anything really with 300mg. 600mg did produce an effect, but led to the headaches I mentioned. I tried this dose a couple more times before I gave it up. Admittedly cutting the pill in half hardly passed through my mind, but when it did I think I kinda convinced myself the dose wouldn’t be as accurate that way. But I’ll give it a go at a pill and a half and see where that leaves me

Standup

Banned
Awards
While I didn’t just dive in with a 600mg dose, I will admit I only gave it two days before I reached that dose, as I wasn’t noticing anything really with 300mg. 600mg did produce an effect, but led to the headaches I mentioned. I tried this dose a couple more times before I gave it up. Admittedly cutting the pill in half hardly passed through my mind, but when it did I think I kinda convinced myself the dose wouldn’t be as accurate that way. But I’ll give it a go at a pill and a half and see where that leaves me
I think everyone's neurochem is different. I find emptying out half a cap into my mouth and then just closing the pill half empty back into my bottle when taking strong stims, mood pills, pain pills, or depressants the best approach towards finding an effective yet ideal safe dose. Typically whenever I take too much I get sides that turn me off to it so I find slow and steady works great.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you aware that Adrafinil is very liver toxic? Modafinil is super easy to order online, I like Armodafinil, it is even stronger.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you aware that Adrafinil is very liver toxic? Modafinil is super easy to order online, I like Armodafinil, it is even stronger.
Please post the study which shows adrafinil is very liver toxic. I see this mentioned a lot online but no one seems able to provide a study to back the claim.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn’t say “very” liver toxic. It has shown evidence of being able to raise enzymes, but not at an alarming rate. Also depends on multiple factors, the biggest being dosage and frequency. Think of if you take Tylenol at higher than recommended dosages for extended periods of time; It would raise your levels quite considerably.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Please post the study which shows adrafinil is very liver toxic. I see this mentioned a lot online but no one seems able to provide a study to back the claim.
I’m not aware of any specific studies that he may be referring too, but it IS metabolized in the liver so would be assumed to carry some toxicity as with any drug metabolized there. Anecdotal reports show raised liver enzymes after moderate dosing regimens, however I don’t believe it would be cause for alarm unless dosed high for extended periods

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't find any actual studies, but it is compared to tylenol a lot in terms of toxicity. Tylenol does cause liver damage at recommended doses when used for 2 weeks or longer. If you want to use it 2-3 times a week, go for it, but I wouldn't want to use anything that's even remotely liver toxic every day.

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Armodafinil is better but they all feel different

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't like finils in general as they feel too dirty to me, but armodafinil is one that I can take with minimal sides I don't like. The onset seems smoother and I don't get as much of the cold sweats.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m not aware of any specific studies that he may be referring too, but it IS metabolized in the liver so would be assumed to carry some toxicity as with any drug metabolized there. Anecdotal reports show raised liver enzymes after moderate dosing regimens, however I don’t believe it would be cause for alarm unless dosed high for extended periods
Completely agree with everything you wrote.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bell1986 Nootropics 22
GrizzleB Supplement Auction 2
WesleyInman Nootropics 11
Alchemist11 Anabolics 37
solidsnake Nootropics 1