Weary of noots

Ultramario

Awards
Was all about phenibut. Perfect for my social anxieties. One days I took it and had the normal rely tired effect I got from it, but it was like the tiredness wouldn't go away and I was like a hypochondriac for a while, and just kind of depressed. I feel like finally after about 8 months since my last time I'm finally getting better.

contact13

contact13

Awards
  • Established
Was all about phenibut. Perfect for my social anxieties. One days I took it and had the normal rely tired effect I got from it, but it was like the tiredness wouldn't go away and I was like a hypochondriac for a while, and just kind of depressed. I feel like finally after about 8 months since my last time I'm finally getting better.
Sounds like it's not for you.

Ultramario

Awards
Sounds like it's not for you.
I was doing great with it. I don't know if it was one too many. Or the lift mode brand fked me up. But that's how I got through college speaking and everything, job interviews. Ect. I took 1500 and just felt like **** for half a year.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I'm a little late to this thread, but phenibut is not your normal/average nootropic. In fact, I'm not sure I'd even call it a nootropic at all to be completely honest, so don't let it sour your view of actual nootropics, many of which have much more favorable risk/reward and dependence/withdrawal/etc profiles.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I was doing great with it. I don't know if it was one too many. Or the lift mode brand fked me up. But that's how I got through college speaking and everything, job interviews. Ect. I took 1500 and just felt like **** for half a year.
You just have to cycle it and follow pct afterwards.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have noticed phenibut can contribute to my depression.

Standup

Banned
Awards
Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist which causes downregulation of those receptors which can lead to long term side effects like PAWS. Some consider this damage but it's really receptor dysfunction. A GABA-B antagonist like Homotaurine can upregulate the receptors reversing this and restoring the receptors to a more nature state resulting not only in a disappearance of symptoms but also eliminates any tolerance someone may have for phenibut.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist which causes downregulation of those receptors which can lead to long term side effects like PAWS. Some consider this damage but it's really receptor dysfunction. A GABA-B antagonist like Homotaurine can upregulate the receptors reversing this and restoring the receptors to a more nature state resulting not only in a disappearance of symptoms but also eliminates any tolerance someone may have for phenibut.
What is PAWS?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Persistent withdrawal sides after use, in fact. Just gonna say, not a fan. I used to take sleepwalker all the time. It’s caffeine, b12, gaba, and phenibut.

Sounds nuts to some for me to say but I think for focus nothing beats a nice addicting 5mg adderall instant release. Just can’t use it two days in a row, or more than three times a week, or for more than two weeks. And not even two months in a row. It’s for those special times when you really need superhuman attention span and determination. And energy. So basically the opposite of phenibut. Or I guess just follow the doctors instructions but I’d rather not get addicted. The doc will say take it daily. I’m not about that, add or none.