Question for Adderall users

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What do you guys take that make Adderall more effective? Is it anything?

I trying be a responsible drug adddict and not upping my dose because I try to convince myself that I’m actually not a drug addict ;)

Joking aside, I been in Adderall for about 3 yrs. In the beginning it was amazing and the kick I got from 20mg lasted me a whole day, while now I have to dose a few more times during the day to not crash. I take days off in the month, I try weekly, and have done a few week breaks but nothing seems to really help with the resistance.

I tried to dose with baby aspirin or Agmatine and caffeine which give me a better kick, are you guys doing anything better?

Febus

Febus

Awards
Are you looking for better absorbtion via pH buffering or simply something to stack it with?

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you looking for better absorbtion via pH buffering or simply something to stack it with?
Maybe both, I want to get a better kick without taking more and also would like the “high” to last so I don’t crash.

Febus

Febus

Awards
Then I'd recommend taking a few antacids (tums) about 30 minutes before you take your adderall.
You can try sublingually dissolving the adderall as that bypasses all pH factors for absorption and goes straight into the blood stream.

If you'd like you can take caffeine with it but it'll likely carry more negatives than positives.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Then I'd recommend taking a few antacids (tums) about 30 minutes before you take your adderall.
You can try sublingually dissolving the adderall as that bypasses all pH factors for absorption and goes straight into the blood stream.

If you'd like you can take caffeine with it but it'll likely carry more negatives than positives.
I already take caffeine with my Adderall, it’s definitely makes it better. I never took Tums before always after or around the same time, I try before I dose my Adderall, thanks.

Febus

Febus

Awards
I already take caffeine with my Adderall, it’s definitely makes it better. I never took Tums before always after or around the same time, I try before I dose my Adderall, thanks.
The whole point of taking it before is to increase absorption, if you take it after it's basically deemed unaffective.
Lmk what you think about taking it prior.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The whole point of taking it before is to increase absorption, if you take it after it's basically deemed unaffective.
Cool, I’ll try that today, thanks!

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tried taking Tums 20 min before I took my Adderal todayl but no noticeable difference in effect :(

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to wrap my head around needing to make adderall more effective. In my head I am picturing someone needing to smoke crack after snorting a rail to make it better. And yes I have taken adderall.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to wrap my head around needing to make adderall more effective. In my head I am picturing someone needing to smoke crack after snorting a rail to make it better. And yes I have taken adderall.
But the tums bro... I can't stop

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol, I want to be a responsible addict so I don’t want to up my dose. The dose I’m taking used to be amazing while now it’s barley getting me through the day, that’s why I would like to find a way to make it better. I have taking weeks break but that doesn’t help much. I can get a higher dose from Dr but would like to stay where I’m at, does that make sense?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Switch to dexamphetamine, it's way better.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please stop and tell me something useful funny guy or should I say “bro”?
Okay how's this... Like with all drugs especially scheduled ones / controlled substances tolerance builds up. You have two options either titrate up and increase the dosage to get the desired effect or take a prolonged break or start skipping days. This is the only real way to reverse tolerance.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I didn’t like the extended release, I like the “kick” and that’s what I’m looking to get back, without upping the dose...
Godstrength pretty much spelled it out. If you’re taking 40-60mg daily and still not happy, you really have no other option with adderall but to stop/taper off and then not take any for a while. You can always try vyvanse or something, but you’re really just using it as speed at this point so you’ll probably end up in the same place eventually.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Godstrength pretty much spelled it out. If you’re taking 40-60mg daily and still not happy, you really have no other option with adderall but to stop/taper off and then not take any for a while. You can always try vyvanse or something, but you’re really just using it as speed at this point so you’ll probably end up in the same place eventually.
Yeah... I’m still “happy” on my dose, just missing the “kick” I got in the beginning... but, I don’t want to abuse it to chase the “kick” so I guess it is what it is... :(

Thanks guys!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah... I’m still “happy” on my dose, just missing the “kick” I got in the beginning... but, I don’t want to abuse it to chase the “kick” so I guess it is what it is... :(

Thanks guys!
One thing you can do is try playing with the dose... For instance if you take 60 mg spaced out 3 times a day take 30mg once in the morning and then another 30 in the afternoon. Or take 20 in the morning and 40 in the afternoon... You get the drift it shocks the system and definitely you may notice a little difference and how it affects you that way. Even though this isn't recommended I'm speaking about real-life experience with tolerance and ways to bend the rules to make it a little more effective.

On that note I can't even imagine what taking 40 mg IR at one time would be like lol. I don't condone it I'm strictly speaking about whatever your daily doses are, and playing with it.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
One thing you can do is try playing with the dose... For instance if you take 60 mg spaced out 3 times a day take 30mg once in the morning and then another 30 in the afternoon. Or take 20 in the morning and 40 in the afternoon... You get the drift it shocks the system and definitely you may notice a little difference and how it affects you that way. Even though this isn't recommended I'm speaking about real-life experience with tolerance and ways to bend the rules to make it a little more effective.

On that note I can't even imagine what taking 40 mg IR at one time would be like lol. I don't condone it I'm strictly speaking about whatever your daily doses are, and playing with it.
This can only end with him taking all of it at once hahahaha

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This can only end with him taking all of it at once hahahaha
LOL no keep the amount per day the same. That is crucial. Don't take it all at once split it up lol.

This is also how you may be able to lower your dose as well.... It takes some discipline but basically when you don't "need it" don't take it. This will get you hopefully skipping doses here and there which will also help.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am dexedrine and really want to switch to desoxyn but I doubt I get it approved

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am dexedrine and really want to switch to desoxyn but I doubt I get it approved
What’s the difference?

I’m lucky, I got a Dr that approves pretty much anything I ask for.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What’s the difference?

I’m lucky, I got a Dr that approves pretty much anything I ask for.
Dextroamphetamine=dexedrine
dextromethamphetamine=desoxyn

And no its nothing like street meth. Most even say it has less potential for abuse then dexedrine. However, its stronger for treating adhd and is way cleaner, less jitters, jaw clenching, etc.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

And no its nothing like street meth. Most even say it has less potential for abuse then dexedrine. However, its stronger for treating adhd and is way cleaner, less jitters, jaw clenching, etc.
Did your doctor already write for it and you’re trying to get insurance to cover or are you still trying to get the rx?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did your doctor already write for it and you’re trying to get insurance to cover or are you still trying to get the rx?
No im afraid to even ask my doctor as i don't want him to think im a meth head.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
No im afraid to even ask my doctor as i don't want him to think im a meth head.
Yeah honestly it probably wouldn’t even be considered unless you failed on every other med under the sun for your condition. Even then the chances of getting an Rx and then having an insurance company get it would not be great.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Do you like it better than Adderall? I read that you can get more energy from Adderall but more of a “high” on desoxyn?

How’s Vyvanse?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah honestly it probably wouldn’t even be considered unless you failed on every other med under the sun for your condition. Even then the chances of getting an Rx and then having an insurance company get it would not be great.
Exactly but I do have a friend that has it, and he does go to the same doctor. However, he's tried everything under sun for his ADHD.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you like it better than Adderall? I read that you can get more energy from Adderall but more of a “high” on desoxyn?

How’s Vyvanse?
I've tried both but never had a script. As I said my buddy has a script and we switched doses for a day. And there is less high on desoxyn vs dexedrine but better focus and less sides. Now I could be wrong as it was a single dose and I've never taken it again. Also Vyvanse sucks!!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iol, thanks!
Ya it's just dexedrine with a lysine bond. The lysine bond actually limits the uptake of the amphetamines, so you can only have so much in the system. I also suspect lysine alters how the amphetamine works to be weaker. As i literally felt nothing with Vyvanse.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya it's just dexedrine with a lysine bond. The lysine bond actually limits the uptake of the amphetamines, so you can only have so much in the system. I also suspect lysine alters how the amphetamine works to be weaker. As i literally felt nothing with Vyvanse.
I have taken Vyvanse twice now and feel it’s really good. It’s very smooth without sides. But I have a feeling the OP would be like you with it and say it sucks because there is not a strong kick to it.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't laugh because I honestly am out of my league with the stuff you guys are talking about, but I do know my noots and racetams and I have some friends that take adderall and love the buzz phenyl-piracetam gives them. I turned them on to this awhile ago and they still purchase it. Could be something to look into for the times you want a little "extra". High tolerance effect, so could only be used for 1-3 days out of the week, but figured I would throw it out there.

Also, what about a white or green kratom (like MD or Borneo)? Get the nice euphoria and clean energy that you may now be missing from adderall.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have taken Vyvanse twice now and feel it’s really good. It’s very smooth without sides. But I have a feeling the OP would be like you with it and say it sucks because there is not a strong kick to it.
It is smooth and nice, but if you have tolerance its terrible. As you can't just up your dose; for someone like me who's been on it for 7 years, you have a bit of a tolerance. I actually liked it at first as well.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't laugh because I honestly am out of my league with the stuff you guys are talking about, but I do know my noots and racetams and I have some friends that take adderall and love the buzz phenyl-piracetam gives them. I turned them on to this awhile ago and they still purchase it. Could be something to look into for the times you want a little "extra". High tolerance effect, so could only be used for 1-3 days out of the week, but figured I would throw it out there.

Also, what about a white or green kratom (like MD or Borneo)? Get the nice euphoria and clean energy that you may now be missing from adderall.
I actually really like bromantane probably better than any stim, for ADHD. It's just way different. Most people don't like it because it does give them the "feel" most people are looking for. Also it's really hard to source.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be honest that I assumed this wasn't for ADHD as my understanding is if you have it, adderall doesn't have a feel, it just makes you able to concentrate more. The way BBiceps is wording his posts, it sounds like this is for recreational purposes.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be honest that I assumed this wasn't for ADHD as my understanding is if you have it, adderall doesn't have a feel, it just makes you able to concentrate more. The way BBiceps is wording his posts, it sounds like this is for recreational purposes.
That kind of a myth. It has a feel for sure, for ADHD people. It's just not as euphoric or energetic for us, as it is for people without ADHD, but there is still some feel good and some energy to it.

However, if you up the dose enough you can still get high and still get energetic, even with ADHD. It's a dopamine release agents and enough dopamine will get anyone high.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That kind of a myth. It has a feel for sure, for ADHD people. It's just not as euphoric or energetic for us, as it is for people without ADHD, but there is still some feel good and some energy to it.

However, if you up the dose enough you can still get high and still get energetic, even with ADHD. It's a dopamine release agents and enough dopamine will get anyone high.
Very true.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, pure performance based

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

So with that said, could I supplement with something to help my dopamine levels, like L-Dopa or something like that?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
So with that said, could I supplement with something to help my dopamine levels, like L-Dopa or something like that?
You can ask your dr for Wellbutrin.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
N-acetly--l-tyrosine(nalt) is my favorite.

Good way to make amps stronger is take omeprazole at night, take some tums in the morning and wait 30 min to take amps after tums, 2 hours after you dose amps add 2g nalt, and dont eat anything for atleast 3 hours after adderall dose. Lastly aviod acidic food.

Also clear edge by evomuse is the sh!t, especially with dexedrine. Do this stack add clear edge, and a little coffee (cold brewed to avoid most of the acids in coffee) promise you wont need to up your dose.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Per my doctor:
- Acidic foods will reduce the effectiveness.
- Take with food will make it more effective (I think fats help). Same concept as tums discussed earlier.

Per my experiences
- frontload (example earlier 40/20 vs 30/30). 2nd dose is a kicker. There is already some in the blood probably at about half-life for your 2nd dose. Half life does not mean gone.
- Take when you are already awake/alert. If you take it first thing, it kicking in just feels like waking up. No kick and it makes waking up without it suck. You notice it kick in when you are already working.
- get sleep. It’s not a replacement. Same as taking awake, the better your functioning already the more of a boost you’ll get. I think of it like a teroids when you don’t work out are not that effective.
- I can not take caffeine after Adderall personality. You may look into CNS/adrenal burn out. Lots of info on that here at AM so I am not going into detail on my phone.
- focus XT (caffeine and non caffeine versions) has been amazing in work scenarios. Great mood and incredibly productive.
- Eat. Force yourself too. Being Malnutrished will slow you down. Same concept as above.
- water, water, water. I don’t even notice I forgot to drink water all day. The more water I drink the more euphoric and energy When my medicine kicks it Feels like no amount of water is enough. .

- Take days off. Only way to avoid/reduce a tolerance. “Drug holidays” are the only way to truly address tolerance (my opinion).
- you can try to add another Nootropic on top. Play around with different ones

This is simply my personal experiences that worked for me Incase anyone would want to try.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Per my doctor:
- Take with food will make it more effective (I think fats help). Same concept as tums discussed earlier.

Per my experiences
- frontload (example earlier 40/20 vs 30/30). 2nd dose is a kicker. There is already some in the blood probably at about half-life for your 2nd dose. Half life does not mean gone.
- Take when you are already awake/alert. If you take it first thing, it kicking in just feels like waking up. No kick and it makes waking up without it suck. You notice it kick in when you are already working.
- get sleep. It’s not a replacement. Same as taking awake, the better your functioning already the more of a boost you’ll get. I think of it like a teroids when you don’t work out are not that effective.
- I can not take caffeine after Adderall personality. You may look into CNS/adrenal burn out. Lots of info on that here at AM so I am not going into detail on my phone.
- focus XT (caffeine and non caffeine versions) has been amazing in work scenarios. Great mood and incredibly productive.
- Eat. Force yourself too. Being Malnutrished will slow you down. Same concept as above.
- water, water, water. I don’t even notice I forgot to drink water all day. The more water I drink the more euphoric and energy When my medicine kicks it Feels like no amount of water is enough. .

- Take days off. Only way to avoid/reduce a tolerance. “Drug holidays” are the only way to truly address tolerance (my opinion).

This is simply my personal experiences that worked for me Incase anyone would want to try.
Thanks for your input

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Per my doctor:

Per my experiences

Btw so you saying that taking with food will make it more effective? I thought it was the other way, I did both actually and I’m not sure I felt a difference. It is true that you feel more when you’re fully rested and fed but in an adult life with responsibilities it’s not the easiest to be... lol, I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
My doctor has told me to take it with food to increase effectiveness. I used to take it with orange juice and she told me that was reducing the efficiency.

Personally I feel it lasts longer when taken with fats. I don’t necessarily notice more of a kick. I sometimes feel an energy rush from a good healthy meal so adding addy on that does make me feel that kick more.

I feel ya on the adult life. I don’t practice everything I mentioned every single day. It’s the real world. Some things make bigger impacts so I try to focus on those (for me lots and lots of water is a big one!)

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is taking L-dopa with Adderall a bad idea? I thought that L-dopa could help in rasing dopamine levels and therefore get better effects from the Adderall, what you guys think?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have taken everything in this thread except racetams.

I love a good adderall XR, IMHO interchangeable with extended release Dexedrine. Vyvanse is best taken sublingually, I used to get the great big blue and orange ones. Dextromethamphetamine feels identical to most street meth HCL, if you get clean glass on the street.
Nothing is like anhydrous meth on this earth.

Personally, I would take a week off, and use an entirely new stimulant during that week, then go back.