Most Nonsensical Nootropic Recommendations/Advice

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently joined a FB Nootopic group, and in only a few days there, I’ve seen a disappointing, if not surprising, amount of terrible recommendations, advice, and logic.

Let’s share some of the worst nootropic advice we’ve heard. Maybe we can dispel some common misconceptions by bringing them to light and correcting them.

I’ll start with some recent ones from self-proclaimed experts, summarized for now:

-Only “dumbasses” use caffeine pills/tabs regularly.

-You shouldn’t have coffee/caffeine daily, even in moderate amounts, because it increases cortisol.

-Having caffeine without polyphenols is “like driving a car without oil.”

-250mg is too high of a dose of Alpha-GPC and causes side effects including tiredness in the majority of people who use it.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently joined a FB Nootopic group, and in only a few days there, I’ve seen a disappointing, if not surprising, amount of terrible recommendations, advice, and logic.

Let’s share some of the worst nootropic advice we’ve heard. Maybe we can dispel some common misconceptions by bringing them to light and correcting them.

I’ll start with some recent ones from self-proclaimed experts, summarized for now:

-You shouldn’t have coffee/caffeine daily, even in moderate amounts, because it increases cortisol.

-250mg is too high of a dose of Alpha-GPC and causes side effects including tiredness in the majority of people who use it.
I think we're spoiled on AM. I've been on here for a few years now and it seems that the members here are always in on what's new and effective. And they bring the knowledge to back it up. I've learned about so many things here before they've become "mainstream". Its like we know what's good before everybody else and share that knowledge with the community.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I've been into noots and general brain hacking for about 12-13 years now and could not begin to tell you how much nonsense there is out there. It is in part why I believe there are legitimate companies that are putting out **** products- because all anyone wants to see now is something to give them a mental edge and will buy anything.

To your point about AGPC and tiredness. While not at that amount, I have seen many people experience lethargy with excess amounts of choline.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been into noots and general brain hacking for about 12-13 years now and could not begin to tell you how much nonsense there is out there. It is in part why I believe there are legitimate companies that are putting out **** products- because all anyone wants to see now is something to give them a mental edge and will buy anything.

To your point about AGPC and tiredness. While not at that amount, I have seen many people experience lethargy with excess amounts of choline.
Regarding the choline, yeah, but that’d be like saying you shouldn’t have 100mg caffeine, that it’s too high of a dose, because the majority of people get anxiety from it. Would it surprise you if I told you the same guy who said that about the choline sells a product with 80mg CDP-Choline? Perhaps that explains it lol.

Lots of people also don’t seem to know to differentiate between CDP, GPC, and bitartrate. Or the difference between powder and a standardized extract, so it’s no wonder that lots of companies can do things like that to maximize profit. At least there are a handful of good nootropic formulas out there, and some options for individual ingredients.