Best Nootropic for memory

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
What single product would be the best for improving memory?

100mg or less of caffeine. My fiance doesn't like feeling stimmed out.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want <100mg caffeine, and a multi-ingredient product, then Clear Edge is a solid option (no caffeine), as it contains bacopa (which is solid for memory, but takes a few weeks of daily dosing to really shine), CDP-choline, and huperzine, etc. I personally use NootropiMax, which also contains the above three ingredients, but it’s ~250mg caffeine per serving. You could always split the dose, but the inclusion of theanine, bacopa, and sceletium really help keep the energy clean and focused. I’m not really sure if you want any caffeine in it, just a low amount, or no caffeine. I think that Clear Edge is sometimes hard to find in stock. Stim-free Focus XT is another solid budget option, but you may want to add some bacopa to it, as it doesn’t have any, and it’s a solid ingredient for improving memory when used daily.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want <100mg caffeine, and a multi-ingredient product, then Clear Edge is a solid option (no caffeine), as it contains bacopa (which is solid for memory, but takes a few weeks of daily dosing to really shine), CDP-choline, and huperzine, etc. I personally use NootropiMax, which also contains the above three ingredients, but it’s ~250mg caffeine per serving. You could always split the dose, but the inclusion of theanine, bacopa, and sceletium really help keep the energy clean and focused. I’m not really sure if you want any caffeine in it, just a low amount, or no caffeine. I think that Clear Edge is sometimes hard to find in stock. Stim-free Focus XT is another solid budget option, but you may want to add some bacopa to it, as it doesn’t have any, and it’s a solid ingredient for improving memory when used daily.
Second the option of Nootropimax. I'm extremely stim sensitive (as an example, I can only tolerate about 4 ounces of coffee) and 1 capsule (which I guess is about 125 mg caffeine) provides good motivation and focus when needed. Sometimes I'll add in another 100 mg of l-theanine if it does get a little too stimulating but that's only when I take it on an empty stomach. If taken with food, it really blunts the stimulation to a level that's comfortable for me.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nootrol- really seemed to improved my short term and long term memory. Unfortunately, half way through the second bottle it stopped working for me. So I will have to revisit it to see if it just needed to be cycled.

Lion’s Mane- takes a little time to work but it definitely improved long term memory for me. It doesn’t seem to do much of anything for my short term memory though.

PRL-8-53 is a novel nootropic that is hands down the best for memory. It drastically improved my short term memory, verbal fluency and word recall.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nootrol- really seemed to improved my short term and long term memory. Unfortunately, half way through the second bottle it stopped working for me. So I will have to revisit it to see if it just needed to be cycled.

Lion’s Mane- takes a little time to work but it definitely improved long term memory for me. It doesn’t seem to do much of anything for my short term memory though.

PRL-8-53 is a novel nootropic that is hands down the best for memory. It drastically improved my short term memory, verbal fluency and word recall.
For lions mane, just a heads up, but the vast majority of of nootropics that include it as an ingredient really under-dose it. 500-1000mg is not really the daily dose you want. Studies using the powder (not an extract) seem to use 2-3g per day, so if you’re looking for the full benefits of lions mane, you may need to add more to a supplement that contains it, or know how much to use if you’re using it as a standalone/add-on.

PRL is solid. I’ve only used it once or twice, and I wouldn’t use it daily by any means, but it’s pretty interesting. Not much actual research on it, but some interesting speculation and feedback floating around the web.

Poolcue

Poolcue

Awards
I am biased....however take the time to look at Azoth 2.0. Caffeine free and the results really do speak for themselves.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

Ginko biloba plus 2 weeks on 2 off of huperzine a. Cheap and effective.

I would avoid racetams for now.

Kiri

Awards
If I could go back in time I will gain a lot of time/money starting with bulk racetams or low dose a fat burner I used it long time but it depends only on what product you respond well and if you need a big help or not at the cognitive level

Edit: what PRL dose you used guys ?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BLR Nootrol, Several logs on here and testing that showed increased memory functions. I'm a fan.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If I could go back in time I will gain a lot of time/money starting with bulk racetams or low dose a fat burner I used it long time but it depends only on what product you respond well and if you need a big help or not at the cognitive level

Edit: what PRL dose you used guys ?
I find 12-15 mg sublingual PRL works well for me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Boring response- is she getting enough sleep and/or experiencing stress? If so, I would have some suggestions before tackling memory supplements.

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
She does get enough sleep and isn't experiencing stress. Thank you for the ideas though. Much appreciated.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, in that case before moving to any racetams, my suggestion is a very basic stack to start as I do not believe in these multiple compound supplements that throw in everything and the kitchen sink: 2x daily:

500mg l-tyrosine
500mg ALCAR
200-400mg Phosphatidylserine

When moving towards racetams, my first choice would be Aniracetam.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could also add some bacopa to the above ingredients. It’d take a few weeks to really start working, but it is one of the more proven ingredients for memory.