School Noot stack

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whatsup everyone. I am just looking for some advice on a few noots I am researching as a stack for when I start grad school in a month. My 3 questions are mainly regarding Bacopa, Rhodolia, and KSM/Ashwagandaha.

•Bacopa - intended dose: ~300 mg
1. Synapsa extract is 59.19% bacosides - 180ct of 320mg caps at 59.99 which works out to being $0.33 per dose.
2. Bacognize extract is 12.6% "total bacopa glycosides" - 240 count of 300mg capsules is 27.99 which works out to $0.11 per dose. This is the studied extract from the study I saw and is significantly cheaper - 1/3 of the cost per dose.

I have read that there are less issues with "sedative" reactions with the Synapsa extract. Is this something any of you are familiar with? Since the bacognize extract is the studied extract and far cheaper I am leaning towards going with that but I would also be willing to pay a little extra for one without sedating side effects.

• Rhodolia rosea (paying attention to Rosavins - 3% and Salidrosides - 2-3% 3:1-2 ratio, SHR-5 extract?). Effects have been shown at doses as low as 50mg daily and between 250-600 acutely for anxiolytic and anti-fatigue when really needed.

Would start at 200mg a day.

1. The one store I have found so far it is sold out but its a 3% Salidrosides extract without Rosavins mentioned.

I know there is some fuss regarding the Rosavins:salidrosides ratio and the effect some users get between different ratios of the two compounds. Doing some research on AM it seems that some people get a better reaction out of the higher salidrosides content and a 3:2-3 ratio is preferred to a 3:1. Experiences, thoughts?

•KSM-66 -
1. One retailer: KSM-66 180 ct of 300mg caps available for 24.99 which works out to be $0.13 per dose. No extract info available.
2. Another option is TruMulti which is 28.55 off the PES site and is $0.95/day.
3. Same retailer as #1: Sensoril 125mg capsules (10% withanolides) at 24.99 for 180ct, at 1 per day itd be $0.13 per day, at 2 per day itd be $0.26 per day.

Any reasons to pick 1 over 3 or vice versa? TruMulti is just a more expensive option that would include a well doses, well-researched multi.

Additional things I plan to have in my stack:
1. Huperzine A: 50mcg qd-bid every other month
2. Fish oil or krill: will determine doses based on epa/dha content. I haven't supplemented fish oil in quite a while, anyone have any recommendations on good, quality brands without harsh metals (lead, mercury, arsenic, etc)?
3. Citicoline 500mg divided into 2 doses daily
4. Most importantly, caffeine as needed +/- L-theanine.

Sorry for the massive post lol. Hopefully I split it up well enough. Im not expecting anyone to answer everything, so whatever you feel like adding is welcomed.

Id also be willing to look into all-inclusive noot products with studied ingredients, but DO NOT want one containing caffeine. I think I can buy these in bulk individually and save $, but if I'm wrong in that and an already made product would work out being cheaper I'll start looking in that direction.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Synapsa extract is significantly more studied than the Bacognize extract. It just goes by CDRI-08 (and Keenemind) in most of the studies. For KSM-66, just buy Jarrow. It's the cheapest option and no different in terms of effects than other brands selling KSM-66.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Synapsa extract is significantly more studied than the Bacognize extract. It just goes by CDRI-08 (and Keenemind) in most of the studies. For KSM-66, just buy Jarrow. It's the cheapest option and no different in terms of effects than other brands selling KSM-66.
Exactly the type of information im looking for. Thanks! With that being said regarding Synapsa vs Bacognize, in your opinion, is the Synapsa worth 3x the price?

Edit: after looking up the Jarrow brand it ends up being 2 cents cheaper per dose. 120ct 300mg capsules at 1 cap per day = $0.11 per serving.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone else have anything to add? I know the noot subforum doesnt get much traffic, maybe I shouldve posted in the general supp forum. Im looking to buy soon so i can start up the bacopa before school starts.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly the type of information im looking for. Thanks! With that being said regarding Synapsa vs Bacognize, in your opinion, is the Synapsa worth 3x the price?

Edit: after looking up the Jarrow brand it ends up being 2 cents cheaper per dose. 120ct 300mg capsules at 1 cap per day = $0.11 per serving.
To me, the Synapsa extract was worth the extra cost. However, it kind of depends on your purpose for taking it too. Both should work well for improving memory, focus, etc. However, the Bacognize extract did work better at reducing anxiety (but it was too calming for me...made me feel very lethargic).

edit: FYI - the Nutrigold brand of Synapsa bacopa is a bit cheaper at $0.25-$0.30 per capsule (depending on the site) than the one you reference in your initial post.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dendrobex
Just a cheeky/sarcastic comment and yeah lol.
Im more than okay with just using caffeine in various amounts for my desired stim effect lol. I dont do these new age stims, i have no need for them.

The adulterated DS product?
muscleupcrohn, i know you're a big noot guy from various posts ive seen. Do you have anything to add regarding my initial post? Id appreciate any input you'd have

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To me, the Synapsa extract was worth the extra cost. However, it kind of depends on your purpose for taking it too. Both should work well for improving memory, focus, etc. However, the Bacognize extract did work better at reducing anxiety (but it was too calming for me...made me feel very lethargic).

edit: FYI - the Nutrigold brand of Synapsa bacopa is a bit cheaper at $0.25-$0.30 per capsule (depending on the site) than the one you reference in your initial post.
Hmm. Hopefully the ksm and Rhodolia work we enough for any anxiety i may have. Thanks for the input, I'll probably go with the Synapsa. Thanks for the source as well man, cheers.