PRL 8-53

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let's discuss the novel nootropic called PRL 8-53!

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Is that it? How can we discuss it if we don't know what it is?
You wanna enlighten us on any info you have on it?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is that it? How can we discuss it if we don't know what it is?
You wanna enlighten us on any info you have on it?
Well yeah I just wanted to get a discussion going for it! You can google it you know! You can read about the human study done on it with "too good to be true" results on memory/recall.

I only go on this forum from my phone. I won't be linking anything in this thread, but I am sure other will.

I have used PRL 8-53 before and will provide anecdotal feedback on it shortly.

Others are more than welcome to provide and info/input/opinions on the topic. I just wanted to start a general discussion on this novel nootropic because it won't be for everyone, but definitely worth a discussion on here.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it better than PRL 8-147?

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Nootropedia website says it's quite promising but a potential side effect is a reduction in motor activity in the brain.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
PRL 8-147 was suppose to be the "better" upgraded version of PRL 8-53, but there is even less info out there on it.

But, PRL 8-147 cannot be purchased so there's that too.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nootropedia website says it's quite promising but a potential side effect is a reduction in motor activity in the brain.
There is very little safety testing done on it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1488921995.373616.jpg

Here I took a quick snapshot on a quick write-up about PRL 8-53. This should by no means be your go to source for info on it, but it's something for you.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
PRL 8-53 and PRL 8-147: The Mystery

PRL 8-53 can be traced back to one individual, Dr. Nikolaus Hansl of Creighton University. He discovered and patented the compound in the 1970s. A single study in humans was reported in 1978. The double-blind trial of PRL-8-53 in 47 healthy volunteers measured its effects on a variety of cognitive measures. 5 mg of the drug was administered orally 2–2.5 hours before the study tasks.Overall improvements in recollection differed based on how many words were recalled under placebo, with the poor performers (six words or fewer) experiencing a 87.5-105% increase in recollection and the high performers (eight or more words) a 7.9-14% increase which failed to reach statistical significance; when controlling for subjects over the age of 30 only, a 108-152% increase was noted. No side effects were reported during the trial.

This makes PRL 8-53 a fantastic nootropic for students or anyone else going through a learning process. It’s shown even more improvements in individuals with existing memory conditions or who may have had a below average memory to begin with. Other, less official sources report that PRL 8-53 can provide relief for victims of amnesia in a single dose.

The Mysterious PRL 8-147
Dr. Hansl reportedly synthesized a more potent version of PRL 8-53 called PRL 8-147. Online, this compound has achieved near-mythical status due to the lack of available information. This is where PRL 8-147 turns into more of a mystery novel than science report.

When Dr. Hansl died, the patents for his compounds and all of his research documents were left to his family, not a company, research facility, or school. With that in mind, a group of users on Reddit reached out to Dr. Hansl’s family to find out more about either of the compounds. They discovered that in addition to having a personal stash of PRL 8-147, Dr. Hansl’s daughter has a garage full of research and documentation.

PRL-8-147It’s believed that the keys to the PRL 8-147 mystery lie somewhere in her garage and, when uncovered, she would love to see her father’s discovery released to the public. After identifying the chemical structure of PRL 8-147, it’s likely some tests will be performed to create the correct compound and before long it will be available on the market.

So, if these are so great, why haven’t they been available before? It comes down to funding. When Dr. Hansl discovered the substances, he was unable to receive enough funding to perform proper large-scale tests and ultimately bring it to market. The initial holdup was most likely because it wasn’t a drug that set out to cure a particular disease or ailment.

New Insight from Researcher
An individual reached out to Nootropics Hacks with hands-on inight behind these two nootropics. Here is what he had to say:

I was the person responsible for establishing the “rat study” with Dr. Hansl, at the University of Colorado, in Boulder, in the 1980′s. When I first mentioned to Nick that the initial test results were negative, his response was, “they didn’t treat the animals’ right!” In my opinion, the proper handling of test animals while conducting drug trials should be done with a sense of care. Particularly, where there is the need to assess accurately learning performance in their test subjects (that goes for animals and people as well). A researcher’s behavior should not be perceived as separate, from the whole process of the drug trial in animal studies, which includes injecting the test animal with a drug. The questionable handling of a test animal during a drug trial could indeed, affect the animal’s performance. When the final test results were presented to our group, the comment was made that “it doesn’t work” which was then followed with the remark, that it had “novel” results…perhaps, this could be interpreted as demonstrating, interestingly new or unusual results different from what was normally expected. In addition, as a matter of record, there were a number of studies conducted with the title compound PRL 8-147, in the late 1990’s, before the test at the University of Colorado in Boulder, were carried out:

Pharmacological Toxicological Characteristics of PRL-8-147, A New Psychotropic Agent.
Nikolaus R. Hansl, Creigton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68178

The title compound has recently attracted interest because it appears to improve performance based on intellectual capabilities. Acute and sub-acute toxicity studies reveal an LD50 of 171 mg/kg i.p. No significant signs of local irritation in the rabbit eye test were observed. Pyramiding doses of up to 320 mg/kg in the dog were well tolerated. No changes of the CBC or of the blood chemistry were found. The compound slightly depresses motor activity and partially reverses reserpine induced symptoms. Interaction with autonomic agonists in the isolated rabbit ileum and the anesthetized dog reveal an unusual spectrum of activity. A synergistic effect with acetylcholine, nor-epinephrine, dopamine, and isproterenol has been demonstrated. Effects of serotonin appear inhibited.

Furthermore, similar test were conducted on the title compound PRL-8-147 in mice, and in trials with other drugs…such as Amphetamine. I have included the above reference for those who believe, that PRL 8-147 was non-existent.While it is impossible to verify the truth behind these claims, it is certainly fascinating information to have.

Selected Community Experiences report anecdotal evidence that memories formed while on PRL 8-53 are clear, vivid, and have tremendous staying power.

“I started out with small doses and worked my way up to larger quantities. I definitely feel that 10mg is a great everyday dose and it didn’t seem like taking 15mg was a big improvement over the 10. However, I decided to try 20mg on Friday for my Neuroscience test and was amazed by the enhancement in recall I had. Up to that point I had not really felt too big improvement in memory or recall, but after that test I knew that it was working. For me I felt that the larger doses definitely helped on recall and was a huge help for tests. Also it seems that it is best taken 30 minutes before whatever you need it for Overall I definitely saw results and had no issues with with other nootropics that I take regularly.” [6] – baliflipper

“I’ve tried a variety of dosages of PRL-8-53, the so called ‘hypermnesic’ varying from 5mg to 40mg orally, and 5-20mg sublingually. This is over the course of 2 months, and there seems to be no effect. I don’t know if this is just my response and that it doesn’t work for me, but there is no noticeable difference in my memory/cognition when testing with the Cambridge Brain Sciences website, as well as the Dual-n-back game.” [7] – m4nce

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
PRL 8-147 was suppose to be the "better" upgraded version of PRL 8-53, but there is even less info out there on it.
But, PRL 8-147 cannot be purchased so there's that too.
If you can find the chemical structure of PRL 8-147, you can make some serious cash.

This is per reds it

The creator of PRL-8-53 created PRL-8-147 as a continuation of his research.No-one ever found the structure. without the structure we could never hope to create it, without first recreating the research and life work of its creator. Thus it is a lost treasure of the nootropic world.

"The daughter of Nikolaus Hansl was having some health issues. So she was out of touch for a while. I think she found the structure of PRL-8-147 in some papers of his, though. I will have to circle back around with her, and see if we can get that info."

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My limited experience with PRL 8-53 has been positive. I have only experimented with it 9 times now. The first 4 times taking it were solo with a cup of coffee. I experienced little to no effects. At this time I was using it for technical work. There was limited interaction with others. It was manly just me and the computer.

Then, I used it 45 mins before an important potential client meeting. Normally, I am okay in these settings, but not my strong suit. I usually fair well and look calm & cool, but am a nervous wreck on the inside. Well after the first time dosing it this way I was sold on PRL 8-53! It has me quick witted and mentally sharp as a knife. My verbal recall and verbal fluency is at its best. My short term memory is on point.

Now unfortunately when I started using the PRL 8-53 for these meetings I was also stacking it with NA-Semax. I really should have just gone with the PRL 8-53 solo first in this setting instead of starting the stack right of the bat. But, I have used Semax before for these types of meetings and it has a slightly positive effect it's nothing compared to the combo. The synergy with the two seem to be really good IMO.

I have used plenty of nootropic and have some success and lots of fails. I have found noots that work well for technical work where focus is the main player. I have yet to find anything that works in personal interactions. This combo has been the first to have any positive impact on the type situation for me. I feel this could be a good noot for interviews, meetings, speeches and even customer service type jobs.

Granted I need to play with this some more to truly get a feel for it. So far it has been working well for me.

I have been using this combo 3 times per week before important meetings. Here is the actual stack with doses:
PRL 8-53 subligually 12 mg (makes the tongue and gums a little numb/doesn't taste terrible) + 2 sprays of NA-Semax + cup of coffee or shot of espresso

I am not suggesting everyone go and try this stuff. Do your research and see if the risks of the unknowns are worth the potential positives for you. These are just my initial thoughts and experience with this compound.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed for information.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Great thread ELROCK. what noot is next for you to try??

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great thread ELROCK. what noot is next for you to try??
Well, I am going to stick with testing of PRL for now. After that I have a bottle of Clear Edge, NootriMax and Nootrol ordered so one of those. I have not had any positive results with any all inclusive noot product before, but I feel these are a new level and worth trying. All good companies and with good/well dosed ingredients.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today was PRL 8-53 at 9 mg with a shot of espresso. I didn't combine it with the Semax today to get a better assessment of it solo. Today was a good test because I had a good mix of my technical work and interactions with colleagues, physicians and patients. Again, I didn't notice any effects during my technical work. I did notice a subtle perceivable improvement in verbal fluency and information retention during the informative discussions. This was not as noticeable as when I combined it with the NA-Semax though.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good thread ELROCK. Not sure if this is something I would personally use regularly but might be nice to have in the stash when I have important meetings with upper management at work. Will follow along to see your contuined thoughts

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good thread ELROCK. Not sure if this is something I would personally use regularly but might be nice to have in the stash when I have important meetings with upper management at work. Will follow along to see your contuined thoughts
Exactly my thoughts on it so far. I am still feeling it out though. It is not an everyday noot for me and I don't plan on it ever being that, but it seem to work well in certain situations where many noots have failed for me. Perfect example would be for an important meeting, etc.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used it. Seemed to help with memory better than any other noot I have ever tried.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
any updates on this?

what are the risks?
best place to buy?

pm me if you must

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
any updates on this?

what are the risks?
best place to buy?

pm me if you must
It improves my short term memory and verbal fluency. I have been using 12 mg sublingually only once a week lately.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what's your favorite noot of all time so far?
I have tried and dropped so many of them. The only ones I still use are:

NA-Semax (1-2x week)
PRL 8-53 (1-2x week)
Nootrol (2-3 caps daily for the past month and half)
Modafinil (1x per month)

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Right now none. I used to be really big into them

Pramiracetam was really good for logic but blunted my emotions. I need something for procrastination. Amphetamines seem to be the only thing that works but they are so unhealthy

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Right now none. I used to be really big into them

Pramiracetam was really good for logic but blunted my emotions. I need something for procrastination. Amphetamines seem to be the only thing that works but they are so unhealthy
PRL won't really help out any with motivation and procrastination.

Modafinil or any of the other finils help in those areas.

Semax is subtle but helps me be more productive throughout the day.

Nootrol is subtle but does seem to really help in the motivation department.

Bromatane looks like it should help there too. I haven't tried this yet but have wanted to.

Have you tried or looked into any of these before?