Creating a custom nootropic stack for college semesters

hawkfan9

Awards
Hello all,

I am have been interested in and have been reading about nootropics every once in a while but have never fully committed to trying any or creating a stack. I was wondering if you all could help me create a good beginners stack of noots for the upcoming college semester.

Also, I am prescribed and currently take adderall for adhd, so focus is not high on my concerns because this already covers that area.

Benefits ranked from most important(top) to least important (bottom):

Overall cognitive enhancement (better memory recall, etc.)
Reduction of Social Anxiety
Better Sleep
Slowing the aging process/overall better health

Any and all replies would be great. Thank you.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great thread brother! Subbed to see the info that will be coming!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello all,

I am have been interested in and have been reading about nootropics every once in a while but have never fully committed to trying any or creating a stack. I was wondering if you all could help me create a good beginners stack of noots for the upcoming college semester.

Also, I am prescribed and currently take adderall for adhd, so focus is not high on my concerns because this already covers that area.

Benefits ranked from most important(top) to least important (bottom):

Overall cognitive enhancement (better memory recall, etc.)
Reduction of Social Anxiety
Better Sleep
Slowing the aging process/overall better health

Any and all replies would be great. Thank you.
Having just finished my this semester this past week, here's what I've found to help (both based on personal experience and research);

-Bacopa (165mg bacosides; 1 dose or split in 2, larger single dose may have acute effects) helps with memory, and a bit with anxiety, but really takes daily use for a few weeks to show full benefits

-Ashwagandha (30mg withanolides; 1 dose or split in 2) helps reduce stress and anxiety, and has some cognitive benefefits

-Theanine (200mg; with caffeine if you want) calming but not sedating; synergistic with caffeine

-Choline (250mg CDP-choline or 2g choline bitartrate, IMO) can help with cognition, you also want one if you're taking a racetam

-Racetam (2.4g piracetam or 750mg aniracetam) depends on what you're looking for out of a racetam. Piracetam has more research, and I like it, but aniracetam is also interesting, and, anecdotally, is better for reducing anxiety and helping with social/creative stuff

All of the above can be taken in the morning, or afternoon, or whenever. The following can be taken before bed to improve sleep quality:

-Glycine (3g)
-Ornithine (400mg)
-Theanine (200mg) more just for the calming effects that can help you relax than actually improving sleep quality

hawkfan9

Awards
That looks great. Can theanine be taken in the morning as well as before bed?

Have you found any resources, that you'd be willing to share, that is a good place to research and find out about nootropics? The forum here is pretty new--so I was wondering if you knew of any places that had a little bit longer-term discussions?

Thanks

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That looks great. Can theanine be taken in the morning as well as before bed?

Have you found any resources, that you'd be willing to share, that is a good place to research and find out about nootropics? The forum here is pretty new--so I was wondering if you knew of any places that had a little bit longer-term discussions?

Thanks
Yeah, theanine can be taken in the morning and before bed. It's calming, but not sedating. It goes quite well with caffeine and other stimulants; it may take a bit too much of the rough-feeling or "edge" if you're taking a pre-workout, but it's great for work/school/studying.

I compiled a bunch of studies (only on healthy non-elderly people) on various nootropics here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nootropics/273193-research-various-nootropics.html