Relora

tristen22001

Awards
What does everyone think of Relora for reducing anxiety and improving mood? It seems to be mildly effective based on this study - Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects.

On a related note, I had a friend recommend that I try taking magnesium taurate two or three times each day. He claims the combination of magnesium and taurine would be very effective for both anxiety and mood. Anyone try this?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I can attest to Relora being great for stress relief when taken on an empty a stomach as possible and as for you second question I don't typically supplement with magnesium as I eat a lot of leafy green vegetables but taurine is effective in having a calming effect which is why I never use it pre workout.

tristen22001

Awards
I can attest to Relora being great for stress relief when taken on an empty a stomach as possible and as for you second question I don't typically supplement with magnesium as I eat a lot of leafy green vegetables but taurine is effective in having a calming effect which is why I never use it pre workout.
Thank you for your feedback. I may pick some up today. What dose did you like to use?

tristen22001

Awards
I bought the NOW brand Relora, 1-2 caps a day.
I have one more question if don't mind. I picked up relora by now foods. The directions say to take it with food but you mentioned taking it on as empty a stomach as possible. Did you notice a big difference when taking it on an empty stomach versus with a meal?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I have one more question if don't mind. I picked up relora by now foods. The directions say to take it with food but you mentioned taking it on as empty a stomach as possible. Did you notice a big difference when taking it on an empty stomach versus with a meal?
Yes, It was very effective on an empty stomach as it even had an appetite suppressing effect which is another benefit especially when fasting/cutting but if you aren't eating a huge meal with it I don't think it will be ineffective.

tristen22001

Awards
Yes, It was very effective on an empty stomach as it even had an appetite suppressing effect which is another benefit especially when fasting/cutting but if you aren't eating a huge meal with it I don't think it will be ineffective.
Thank you for your help.