What’s better for you, going a night without sleep or getting 4 hours?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I mean hormonally and in terms of other things, which is better for you?

You know how some weekends are

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I mean hormonally and in terms of other things, which is better for you?

You know how some weekends are
4 hours is better. But not by much. Your body carries a sleep debt for 2 weeks if you dont get enough sleep it just keeps adding up until your body takes its revenge. Seriously though. This is something just recently learned about in psychology

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Of course sleep is better lol, that is when our body recovers... 4 hours might not get much recovery/repair, but it is better than running on fumes

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t know why this is even being asked. How could no sleep ever be better than any amount of sleep?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I don’t know why this is even being asked. How could no sleep ever be better than any amount of sleep?
Yeah sleep is when your body does all its behind the scenes work. If you dont give it ANY time to do that its NOT gonna get done simple as that. Youd think for all the little things this guy overthinks when it comes to getting extra miniscule gains it would be a no brainer.

No sleep=no gains
Boom that simple

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sometimes you feel better having not had any sleep than if you just slept for 4 hours

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes you feel better having not had any sleep than if you just slept for 4 hours
100% of the timw i feel better having had 7-8 hours of sleep. Of course i dont always get there bc i have 4 kids, go to school full time and work full time but its what i shoot for bacause thats what makes the next day not suck for me. Idgaf what fun stuff is going on that night if its gonna fck up my sleep and make me miserable the next day then is it really worth it? Probably not. Of course there is exceptions now and then. But very very rare

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
100% of the timw i feel better having had 7-8 hours of sleep. Of course i dont always get there bc i have 4 kids, go to school full time and work full time but its what i shoot for bacause thats what makes the next day not suck for me. Idgaf what fun stuff is going on that night if its gonna fck up my sleep and make me miserable the next day then is it really worth it? Probably not. Of course there is exceptions now and then. But very very rare
Good on ya.

I’m an unattached student who’s working part-time so I can usually do whatever on Friday and Saturday nights.
One issue of mine is that I have insomnia and can’t sleep without my prescriptions which make getting inadequate sleep that much more painful when it happens because they leave you really sleepy.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
You might feel better that day, but you'll pay for it over the following few days. I understand that sleep while you're studying and working can be a challenge, but I just as you make lifting a priority I would recommend an minimum of 5-6 hr. of sleep each night a priority too.

Sleep and nutrition are the foundation to success in building a physique. Without these two you will be short-changing your progress and results with your efforts in the gym.

Glow

Awards
Although the minimum hours of sleep you should have every day is 6, doing four hours is not bad compared to zero hours. If you get a chance of doing more than that, you can use the opportunity to help the body relax and recover and repair itself. For now, take the 4 hours and hope for the best.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although the minimum hours of sleep you should have every day is 6, doing four hours is not bad compared to zero hours. If you get a chance of doing more than that, you can use the opportunity to help the body relax and recover and repair itself. For now, take the 4 hours and hope for the best.
Send the link where 6 hours is the minimun. I love when people make up chet.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
If you said at least 4.5hrs, I'd say yes. But 4hrs? I usually just get up at that point, lol. I'm like you, it just feels better if I don't go to sleep at all if it won't be enough.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I get 3-4 every night to be honest. If I get 5 I’m lucky. Then again I don’t really need the sleep I don’t know why

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do shift work and switch back to normal on the weekends to be on my families time. I tried both methods on Friday to get me back to normal sleep Friday night and 4 hours feels way better. Totally anecdotal I know.