Bicep size? What’s your stats people and what do you think looks “good”

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
I’m 5,9/5’10 182lbs and just under 16inch guns cold. Sitting around 12-15% I’m currently in a cut so I’m also slightly flat due to the lack of carbs. Is that a respectable size. I think I was 16 1/2 at 205 carb’d up

Ninja23

Awards
I'm 5'9 180 with 16.2 inches but I feel like they look really small but I'm also at 15% around there anyways I want 18s at least

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m 5,9/5’10 182lbs and just under 16inch guns cold. Sitting around 12-15% I’m currently in a cut so I’m also slightly flat due to the lack of carbs. Is that a respectable size. I think I was 16 1/2 at 205 carb’d up
A lot easier if you post a pic of your guns.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yes I think your arms are at a respectable size for your bf % compared to the average joe. What I'd like to know is how you grew 3" taller since August.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Biceps? That's my middle name, lol.
5'8" , 215lbs, 18ish BF, Biceps 18.5 cold -19ish pumped.
Goal 20 inch at 15% BF.

dblbizep.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same son! I just posted a pic too. I need to add some size soon, only been training a year tho
ONE Year? But you did other sports before, I can tell. Very nice job!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recognize

Recognize

Awards
I don't see a difference, besides the new ink.

-I'm obviously kidding!!!!
Haha! It’s been a journey of really hard training tho, luckily I got a head start. Having family with bodybuilding experience is a lead in the game let me tell you

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to AM first time i have some bicep separation, this is
20171024_213431-1573x1659.jpg
215 lbs, i started 2 years ago roughly at 175lbs. Yikes! For me to have real bicep peaks going to need to do more reps and shred, but still bulk upto like 230lbs at 6'2" ish on a good day.

So cycles have added perm mass, but i think i need to up reps, focus on pump amd contraction, etc. Not so much top strength purely. To really get defined.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to AM first time i have some bicep separation, this is View attachment 157158215 lbs, i started 2 years ago roughly at 175lbs. Yikes! For me to have real bicep peaks going to need to do more reps and shred, but still bulk upto like 230lbs at 6'2" ish on a good day.

So cycles have added perm mass, but i think i need to up reps, focus on pump amd contraction, etc. Not so much top strength purely. To really get defined.
20171024_214135.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to AM first time i have some bicep separation, this is 215 lbs, i started 2 years ago roughly at 175lbs. Yikes! For me to have real bicep peaks going to need to do more reps and shred, but still bulk upto like 230lbs at 6'2" ish on a good day.

I grew biceps mainly on rowing exercises like chin ups and seated row. To add the desired width, smith bar drag curls and BB straight bar curls do the trick.

hg.jpg

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have somewhat full longer type biceps. My arms used to look better when I was natty. On trt now. I think my looking at my older pictures from 2004.

First one is from ten years ago Nov of 2007 . I was natural then. I feel my overall arm development, triceps included was better than is it currently. I ve had quite the bicep and tricep injuries, from going to low reps, too heavy.

second ones , third and foutrh are from this year, 2017

Attachments

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
I have somewhat full longer type biceps. My arms used to look better when I was natty. On trt now. I think my looking at my older pictures from 2004.

First one is from ten years ago Nov of 2007 I feel my overall arm development, triceps included was better than is it currently. I ve had some injuries.

second ones , third and foutrh are from this year, 2017
How much you weighing now

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn I’m trying to weigh something like 210 lean
You're 5ft7 . I was measured in at 6ft 2.5 at Junior Nats. You can see Im a bit stretchy and lanky built.

Youre pretty compact which makes muscle look more even.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
You're 5ft7 . I was measured in at 6ft 2.5 at Junior Nats. You can see Im a bit stretchy and lanky built.

Youre pretty compact which makes muscle look more even.
I’m actually 5,9 I messed up my stats

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m actually 5,9 I messed up my stats
Ideal Height for bodybuilding is around that to like 5ft11. Of Course there are exceptions. What I mean by height is The shorter you are, its easier to fill out your frame. Taller people have a more difficult time adding muscle. When they do it looks freaky. Think Tony Freeman in his prime.

Im satisfied staying at a lighter weight, making small improvements, like bigger calves, or bringing up my arms, or bringing out more detail in my lower lats, just small things to create a better illusion and smile at me when I look into the mirror to show that I did it.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
Ideal Height for bodybuilding is around that to like 5ft11. Of Course there are exceptions. What I mean by height is The shorter you are, its easier to fill out your frame. Taller people have a more difficult time adding muscle. When they do it looks freaky. Think Tony Freeman in his prime.

Im satisfied staying at a lighter weight, making small improvements, like bigger calves, or bringing up my arms, or bringing out more detail in my lower lats, just small things to create a better illusion and smile at me when I look into the mirror to show that I did it.
I couldn’t agree more!

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
At 6'3 your arms are well filled out even as a natty 10 years ago. If you don't mind me asking why TRT at 36? Did you not recover from a past cycle? Gotta be stoked with your physique. I can see you've put in the hard yards for a long time.

OP, looking solid. I don't know what you're after in terms of physical development but you're not too far off the stats of early Mr America winners atleast in terms of arm size. The likes of Steve Reeves, Bill pearl and John Grimek. Okay proportions have to be perfected too but these guys had some great muscle development the illusion of size. Average arm size from this era was 17". I'm a bit down you didn't come across a secret elixr to add inches to your height though but what the hell

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 6'3 your arms are well filled out even as a natty 10 years ago. If you don't mind me asking why TRT at 36? Did you not recover from a past cycle? Gotta be stoked with your physique. I can see you've put in the hard yards for a long time.

OP, looking solid. I don't know what you're after in terms of physical development but you're not too far off the stats of early Mr America winners atleast in terms of arm size. The likes of Steve Reeves, Bill pearl and John Grimek. Okay proportions have to be perfected too but these guys had some great muscle development the illusion of size. Average arm size from this era was 17". I'm a bit down you didn't come across a secret elixr to add inches to your height though but what the hell
My testosterone tested out low in Beginning of 2013 at 200 something on a yearly checkup. My Doc sent me to an endo and I tried on five blood tests though a year and a half, finally he put me on trt.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It depends a lot on structure and shape. But anything over 18 will be Impressive to general public.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It depends a lot on structure and shape. But anything over 18 will be Impressive to general public.
18 lean (sub 10% body fat) will likely be amazing to the general public, assuming around average height (not super tall that 18 would be more normal). Shape is also very important, like you said. Lean 16” with good shape can be impressive to a lot of people.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just realized this is in the natural forum so yeah 18" at a legit 10% would be extrmley impressive. Probably unrealistic goal for a lot of people.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just realized this is in the natural forum so yeah 18" at a legit 10% would be extrmley impressive. Probably unrealistic goal for a lot of people.
Haha, natural changes things for sure.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm 5'6" and arms measure 19". That took 20 years of consistent intense training. I was blessed with good muscle and strength genetics. My dad has huge arms and my mom was a successful bodybuilder. I rarely train biceps directly now that I'm focused on powerlifting. My best gains came from heavy compound movements, like rows.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have a good chest and decent arms, but you need to work your delts hard--particularly your side and rear delts, as the side and rear delt heads are more responsible for the "round" look than front delts. Keep working hard...and don't forget your delts and back. Too many guys in the gym do...and as a result they never build a good physique. Treat your side laterals like you would treat your bench presses or squats. You need to get super strong on them if you want big delts. As far as back goes, place most of your emphasis on ROWS, such as T-bar rows, barbell rows, etc. Chins and pull-downs alone will never build you a big back, but rows will. I am sure you already know all this, but if you know it, do it. You will be happy you did.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
You have a good chest and decent arms, but you need to work your delts hard--particularly your side and rear delts, as the side and rear delt heads are more responsible for the "round" look than front delts. Keep working hard...and don't forget your delts and back. Too many guys in the gym do...and as a result they never build a good physique. Treat your side laterals like you would treat your bench presses or squats. You need to get super strong on them if you want big delts. As far as back goes, place most of your emphasis on ROWS, such as T-bar rows, barbell rows, etc. Chins and pull-downs alone will never build you a big back, but rows will. I am sure you already know all this, but if you know it, do it. You will be happy you did.

Surprisingly I’ve made a lot of progress since this post

Recognize

Recognize

Awards

Here’s another

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDfnKda2EGI

good video. Putting your wrist back for maximizing your peak. I went to gym last night after work, after I did back earlier yesterday, to get that mind /muscle in. My left bicep isnt as strong as the right due to a 2016 injury, its gotten better some though thankfully.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not know what size. Here it is. Pardon the Fathead size pic.
23380149_10214387232331924_1262231264275787019_n.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
genetics are a funny thing. You and I have almost identical stats. during a cut I always notice my arms seem smaller. but after a massive carb load they are the thing I notice growing the most. still, my calves have almost always been bigger. most guys I know complain the opposite. I'd love to add an inch to my arms but after all these years I dont think it's going to happen with a six pack level bodyfat.

DemonDevster

Awards
5'10 233lbs 16 1/2 biceps currently cutting not gonna lie abit fat atm 22%bf

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
my arms are a little over 19'', i'm 5'7'', 165 lbs, 41 years old, natty, my body fat % is 6.7%. my arms were 20'' a few months ago, but i was heavier and not as lean, I was 190 lbs. I'm trying my hardest to get super ripped, 4% body fat

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'6" and arms measure 19". That took 20 years of consistent intense training. I was blessed with good muscle and strength genetics. My dad has huge arms and my mom was a successful bodybuilder. I rarely train biceps directly now that I'm focused on powerlifting. My best gains came from heavy compound movements, like rows.
are you natty though? I am.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my arms are a little over 19'', i'm 5'7'', 165 lbs, 41 years old, natty, my body fat % is 6.7%. my arms were 20'' a few months ago, but i was heavier and not as lean, I was 190 lbs. I'm trying my hardest to get super ripped, 4% body fat
Do you happen to have pics of >19" arms at 6.7% and 5'7"? Should be insanely impressive. That arm size on that height at that leanness should be similar to Mike Mentzer, which would be insane natty.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Except he weighs 60lb less than Mentzer. Perhaps he has a 20" waist. Okay let's have the pics..or it didn't happen

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Except he weighs 60lb less than Mentzer. Perhaps he has a 20" waist. Okay let's have the pics..or it didn't happen
I didn’t want to explicitly say I doubted it haha. But that’s pretty spot on for his arm size, height, and body fat %, so color me confused.